Disneyland Paris Half Marathon

Figment82

Ugh, so conflicted! I really want to do this, and we've had a Europe trip on the back burner for a few years. But I think it will come down to cost and timing for us. I was secretly hoping this would be coming in 2017, to give more time to save up!

Kristia

Original Poster
@Mad Stitch I am usually one of the last to know! It just happened to come through on one of my facebook feeds. They are saying it may not be a RunDisney race as you are signing up to receive the info from DLP which may mean no special challenge medal. I know a lot of people are hoping for a new challenge! I have to run at DL before I fly to another continent to run. :)

JillC LI

We'll be there two months earlier. But every moment of our time in Paris is occupied anyway though - including one full day at DLP of course!

Katherine

It's officially on the runDisney site now. Still no new information, selecting that race just takes you to the "sign up for more info/communication" page.

Mad Stitch

This is now in the FAQ section on the RunDisney Paris page.
Q: What is the runDisney Castle to Château Coast Race Challenge?
A: If you complete a half marathon distance at Disneyland® Paris and at the Disneyland® Resort in California or a half marathon or marathon at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, in the same calendar year, then you will receive an additional medal commemorating your achievement.
They need to add another 13.1 race in WDW so that people can complete these multi coast challenges.

Texas84

Travel packages available October 6. Wish they had more advance info. There has to be a limit to how many they will book.

Race only registration January 12.

Mad Stitch

2/3 of bibs being sold as part of travel packages? Ouch.
I think that's reasonable. Are you really going to travel that distance and not stay on property or visit the parks? I'm not sure how easy it would be to stay off property. Hopefully the packages are flexible and they don't try to force you into a week trip.

dreamfinder

I think that's reasonable. Are you really going to travel that distance and not stay on property or visit the parks? I'm not sure how easy it would be to stay off property. Hopefully the packages are flexible and they don't try to force you into a week trip.

I think it shows that they are expected alot of the suckers *erm* guests to come from well outside the DLP area, perhaps even aiming this straight at the hearts of the US runDisney addicts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom