Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Curious Constance

From MiceAge Tweet:

“Meanwhile, the state of California removes nearly all restrictions on the 15th as well for vaccinated individuals – However, there has been no word if Disneyland will bring itself in alignment with the Walt Disney World standard. Though, we do find it interesting that Walt Disney World will only be requiring masks on their transportation systems, which is a California mandate and not a Florida one. “

SoCalDisneyLover

Since they're going to lift all the restrictions, I wish they would at least be honest and leave out the "vaccinated" part.

"California removes nearly all restrictions for vaccinated individuals."

If you think that those who refuse to get vaccinated or are not yet fully vaccinated, and I'm sure there are some right here on this board, are going to continue wearing masks just because they're not vaccinated, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Animaniac93-98

As of now, the following (at least) are planned for around June 15:

Golden Zephyr
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes
Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island (and Pirates Lair)

Good to know. These are the ones I'm specifically waiting for:

Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough
Mr Lincoln
Monorail
Submarine Voyage
Columbia

Newtwo

Since they're going to lift all the restrictions, I wish they would at least be honest and leave out the "vaccinated" part.

"California removes nearly all restrictions for vaccinated individuals."

If you think that those who refuse to get vaccinated or are not yet fully vaccinated, and I'm sure there are some right here on this board, are going to continue wearing masks just because they're not vaccinated, I've got a bridge to sell you.
As someone who volunteered back in early March to get my vaccine......why should I care if they are vaccinated and not wearing a mask at this point?

It's their own decision. If they get sick, they get sick. The hospitals will not be overwhelmed.

If they were to "infect" me with COVID, there is a 99% chance I will be asymptomatic according to CDC data.

Every person in the USA besides small children have had plenty of time to get fully vaccinated.

Those who are not yet eligible stand a fraction of a percent chance of ending up in the hospital with COVID according to the CDC.

Tamandua

As someone who volunteered back in early March to get my vaccine......why should I care if they are vaccinated and not wearing a mask at this point?

It's their own decision. If they get sick, they get sick. The hospitals will not be overwhelmed.

Every person in the USA besides small children have had plenty of time to get fully vaccinated.

Those who are not yet eligible stand a fraction of a percent chance of ending up in the hospital with COVID according to the CDC.
Don't you know that the LUP (League of Unvaccinated Persons) is planning an attack on Disneyland on June 15th? They are planning on infecting the air with their unvaccinated breath. Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

AJFireman

From MiceAge Tweet:

“Meanwhile, the state of California removes nearly all restrictions on the 15th as well for vaccinated individuals – However, there has been no word if Disneyland will bring itself in alignment with the Walt Disney World standard. Though, we do find it interesting that Walt Disney World will only be requiring masks on their transportation systems, which is a California mandate and not a Florida one. “
CDC still has an Order in effect that requires face coverings on all public transportation. Most likely why they are keeping mask on transportation in Florida since they been following most of what the CDC says.

Monorail at Disneyland is listed as an Attraction not sure how or what the permit to operate states. WDW Monorail operates as Transportation.

Edit to add: Monorail/ Railroad are not available for public use at Disneyland you need a park ticket to Disneyland to ride. What makes something Public Transportation (I could be wrong) is its available to the general public and transports you via a public thoroughfare off private property. All WDW transportation listed to require face coverings transport along public roads.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The railroad takes you from A to B to C to D. If the Monorail is considered transportation, why wouldn't the Disneyland Railroad be treated the same?

Hence why it would amuse me.
The railroad is completely within a theme park, so it is a ride. Monorail isn’t completely in a theme park. It transports into and out of one.

ToTBellHop

The monorail's status as transportation is more of a technicality than a feature.

Unlike at WDW, it's considered an attraction and operated by attractions ops.

Ideally it won't be treated any differently than any of the other attractions in the park.
I would be rather surprised to see WDW keep masks on the monorail but not DL. WDW did not have to do that.

Curious Constance

As I think on it, WDW doesn’t really need to worry if people are resistant to masks this weekend. DL legally has to maintain the current standard through 6/15. I wouldn’t be surprised if they wait until late on 6/14 to announce what 6/15 will look like.
Maddening! Guess it will give me something to look forward to on Monday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom