Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Tamandua

Cal osha withdrew their mask rules tonight. Will meet again on the 17th to likely set less restrictive rules in line with cdc guidance. Masks are slipping away.

DrAlice

I've never been an anti mask person, but I can say that the masks outside in the heat is tough. And its not that hot right now.

Aside from masks, the biggest thing making everything feel so crowded this week is the reduced capacity on rides and weird distancing rules.

For example, My daughter and I spent waaaayyyy too much time waiting in line for king Arthur's carousel today because they were spacing everyone out and running it about a third full. And with the line distanced, we spent most of that time out in the sun. It wears on you... But, there was no distancing on Jessie's carousel in DCA and the line moved quickly.

The inconsistencies like this across the resort are frustrating. It will be interesting to see how things evolve this summer.

And.... I miss fast pass.

SuddenStorm

As of today managers still don't know what will be happening officially yet regarding masks on June 15th. Hopefully by the end of the week.

Just now realizing June 15 is five days from now... for some reason in my mind it was in like a month.

Keeping masks required after June 15 makes no sense for Disney. And honestly, for the sake of the frontline CM's who are forced to wear them all day in the Anaheim sun and tell guests to wear them- I hope they go away as quickly as possible.

DrAlice

A slightly funny moment related to masks..... Cast member came on the speaker during pirates to remind people that masks must be worn during the duration of the ride (I think the kids in front of us had taken them off). This moment happened at exactly the moment before the drop, so it looked like the skull above the drop was saying it. Seriously, the mouth movements matched almost perfectly. It cracked us up.

SSG

A slightly funny moment related to masks..... Cast member came on the speaker during pirates to remind people that masks must be worn during the duration of the ride (I think the kids in front of us had taken them off). This moment happened at exactly the moment before the drop, so it looked like the skull above the drop was saying it. Seriously, the mouth movements matched almost perfectly. It cracked us up.
"Masks be worn, says I.. That be the best way to repel COVID. And mark well me words, mateys...dead men tell no tales!"

POTCRideTalkingSkull2.jpg

SoCalDisneyLover

Just now realizing June 15 is five days from now... for some reason in my mind it was in like a month.

Keeping masks required after June 15 makes no sense for Disney. And honestly, for the sake of the frontline CM's who are forced to wear them all day in the Anaheim sun and tell guests to wear them- I hope they go away as quickly as possible.
So far as the employees go, Cal-OSHA is discussing that issue right now. They may allow vaccinated employees to not wear a mask, after providing proof of vaccination. Hopefully that's what they do, so those who have been fully vaccinated, can choose whether to wear one or not.

I think that certain parks, but definitely Disney, will wait a little longer before letting guests go maskless while indoors. Meaning any attraction that's indoors, or any queue that's indoors, guests will have to wear one. That eliminates the issue with wearing one in the summer sun. Probably by next month, they'll drop that requirement as well, so long as nothing has gone wrong.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What happened to the science?!!

1. The science is sound. Remember "herd immunity"? As cases, hospitalizations, and death plummet due to vaccines (and a certain percentage of the population already infected, or, sadly, dead), we're hitting herd immunity. COVID is still as infectious as it was (if not more so due to more aggressive variants), and yet, cases keep dropping. The *effective* R-nought is below 1. This is the point that contact tracing should be employed, as well as convincing hold-outs to get vaccinated.

2. The science was NEVER TO WEAR MASKS FOREVER. That was the bad-faith argument of those who felt inconvenienced for having to wear masks. And so, they created a straw-man argument that "the science" said we had to wear masks forever, and thus, we can't trust the science. Again, that was a bad faith argument, and those making it should be ashamed of it.

Stevek

I’m sure Disney is busy scrambling to come up with a new plan regarding masks post 6-15 as we speak. So for anyone to say they know what the deal will be come June 15th seems silly. ABC affiliate or not.
It's very possible that the time period starting with 6/15 and lasting for a couple weeks will be the best time to visit, assuming Disney has not already increased park capacity starting 6/15. Folks might get the benefit of no more masks and will also now be able to eat anywhere and utilize indoor queues. Could be glorious.

el_super

It's very possible that the time period starting with 6/15 and lasting for a couple weeks will be the best time to visit, assuming Disney has not already increased park capacity starting 6/15.

I agree. There seems to be this false assumption that restrictions are the only thing holding back attendance. There are still a lot of people holding off on travel, and even those that do want to travel may book now for a trip six to twelve months in the future. International travel is also still on hold. Recovery will be slow and take months longer to achieve, so attendance wont immediately snap back on June 15th.

I wonder what Disney does.

Social distancing restrictions will end on June 15th, but still no word on masks. Probably waiting for buy-in from the labor unions.

Due to the above issues regarding attendance though, it may still be some time before entertainment and park hours are adjusted.

Curious Constance

It's very possible that the time period starting with 6/15 and lasting for a couple weeks will be the best time to visit, assuming Disney has not already increased park capacity starting 6/15. Folks might get the benefit of no more masks and will also now be able to eat anywhere and utilize indoor queues. Could be glorious.
They already added more June capacity the other day. But no distancing, indoor queues, no Fastpass, No APs, and fully loading ride vehicles should make it better than pre-pandemic I would imagine.
Everyone there is paying full price. Can’t be worse than when APs ran the place I doubt.

mickEblu

I was thinking the same thing. 6/15 through the end of June could be a great time to go. No masks outdoors and they re not going to jump to full capacity over night yet will have much higher ride and restaurant capacity. I’m short, makes me feel really stupid for going this Saturday. Not like it matters as the rest of June is pretty much sold out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom