Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Tamandua

Yeah. If things keep trending as they are, I can’t see why they would still be required past they end of summer.
I would consider waiting until the mandate is gone. When I went, I was miserable in the mask and I had a severe headache the second half of the day. I went to Disney world in February and had to wear masks there as well, but I felt a lot worse here in the heat. If masks are really going away in the near future, I would definitely postpone my trip.

mickEblu

I would consider waiting until the mandate is gone. When I went, I was miserable in the mask and I had a severe headache the second half of the day. I went to Disney world in February and had to wear masks there as well, but I felt a lot worse here in the heat. If masks are really going away in the near future, I would definitely postpone my trip.

It’s something I’ve considered but my wife is so excited and we honestly need to get away for a few days. But point taken - may not be the get away we need.

If I knew for certain masks were going away in the near future I would definitely postpone my trip. The weather looks like it’s going to be around 77/ 78 degrees though which is nice. Not the 68 -72 degrees I was hoping for but I’ll take it. It’s late May, it could of very well been (or be) 90+ This will be my last DLR trip until after Summer or mask requirements are gone.

Tamandua

I think Newsom will shift into "victory lap" mode in the months leading up to the recall election and get rid of the mask mandate as it would be a reminder to everyone who is angry with him over his covid policies. I think he'll want quite a bit of "normal" buffer time before the election so that people forget how frustrating things have been and reconsider their recall vote.
This is progressing pretty quickly. Here we have Newsom on camera saying no masks except for crowded indoor spaces, and even then it's only guidance and not a mandate. Masks are going away folks.

fctiger

It sounds like masks will stay in theme parks but finally an acknowledgment of people from around the country and internationally coming to places like theme parks 6/15:

California will effectively end its mask mandate next month when it fully reopens its economy after more than a year of Covid-19 restrictions, Gov. Gavin Newsom said.

In an on-camera interview with KTTV Los Angeles reporter Elex Michaelson posted on Twitter, the governor was asked, “Are we looking at masks after June 15?”

California currently requires the use of masks in indoor settings outside of one’s home, including on public transportation, regardless of vaccination status. However, fully vaccinated people are not required to wear masks outdoors, except when attending crowded events.

Last month, state health officials announced the June 15 target date to fully reopen the state amid falling Covid-19 infection rates and low hospitalizations, shelving its color-coded tier system that dictates reopening by county based on infection rates.

California's mask mandate, however, would remain in place at least "in the short run," Newsom said at the time.

Spokespersons for the governor’s office and California Department of Public Health did not respond to CNN requests for comment Wednesday.

All great news! And I am now fully vaccinated (second shot yesterday) so it already feels very liberating even though we still have to wear masks. But its great to know this summer will finally feel mostly normal again.

What's funny is when I don't have my mask on outside, I feel naked lol. I've gotten so use to wearing it.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Yeah, the humidity is brutal. It's been warm down here in So Cal but not bad the last couple of days. Congrats on dose 2!
Woke up okay today, but felt worse as the day progressed. Got 100 temp, very fatigued, and no appetite. Should hopefully pass by tomorrow. Thankfully I have an understanding boss. I just keep telling myself it will pass and it’s for the greater good.

Curious Constance

Woke up okay today, but felt worse as the day progressed. Got 100 temp, very fatigued, and no appetite. Should hopefully pass by tomorrow. Thankfully I have an understanding boss. I just keep telling myself it will pass and it’s for the greater good.
I got the temp, body aches, and chills my second day too. Third day it all went away. Hope it does for you too!

If the masks aren’t required outdoors but still are indoor, I’ll be happy. Outdoors would be rough in August heat. Plus me and my kids are going to be fully vaccinated now that my son can get his! (He’s 13). Got his appt for next week 😊

PiratesMansion

Any chance California will be opening up more soon so that reduced capacities at parks and hotels can be released?
I was under the impression that they have already been doing so (see: the many examples of "oh! there's more capacity now!" on the reservations page).

And haven't people basically been saying that pretty much all restrictions end on June 15th? Which doesn't necessarily mean that Disney will do the same, but that's what people have been hearing.

el_super

And haven't people basically been saying that pretty much all restrictions end on June 15th? Which doesn't necessarily mean that Disney will do the same, but that's what people have been hearing.

Yeah but to be clear for everyone else asking questions: no one here knows what capacity they are operating at today. It's possible it was way below what the state was mandating thru April and Disney is slowing working their way up to what the state will allow. They may be at 25% on June 15th, or maybe 35% or maybe more.

All we can really do is watch the wait times keep going up and up and making guesses. Yesterday's top wait times all hovered around the 45 minute mark, so definitely there are more people in the park than in April.

mickEblu

Disney can decide to keep the mask mandate and maintain their current health and safety measures.

Let’s hope they keep them going for the next few years. In fact, I’d be ok if the breeze never hit my cheeks again and we evolve into some sort of two color toned face creatures.

ToTBellHop

Let’s hope they keep them going for the next few years. In fact, I’d be ok if the breeze never hit my cheeks again and we evolve into some sort of two color toned face creatures.
Remember when the CDC recommended wearing masks throughout any romantic encounters with new people? LOL

College campuses must’ve been interesting this year.

SevenSevens

Remember when the CDC recommended wearing masks throughout any romantic encounters with new people? LOL

College campuses must’ve been interesting this year.
Think you're getting the CDC confused with Canada's Chief Public Health Officer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom