Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Disney Analyst

Just caught this gem from MiceChat:

“Disneyland reopened Friday with a notable change on Main Street, U.S.A. that was easy one to miss in the bliss-fueled, heatwave-addled haze of returning to Disneyland after more than a year away. Main Street’s music loop has been updated to change from the standard background loop during the morning to a playlist of upbeat instrumental Disney songs as the park transitions toward closing hours.

The park’s last overhaul of its Main Street, U.S.A. music loop took place in early 2012 when the the loop was rearranged and re-recorded, retaining long-time favorites such as “Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis,” “In the Good Old Summer Time,” and “Alexander’s Ragtime Band.” At the time, Disney was met with controversy for including a recording of “Married Life” from Pixar’s “Up.” That controversy quickly passed when fans discovered the period-appropriate arrangement of the song fit in seamlessly with the rest of the turn-of-the-century tunes.

This new change, however, is a far cry from simply adding in one contemporary piece to the mix. Indeed, transitioning the background audio midday to a playlist exclusively comprised of instrumental Disney songs is a significant change that simply isn’t necessary or thematically appropriate. Disney has used playlists of Disney songs and other music on Main Street in the past but typically only for special events, New Year’s Eve parties, and Grad Nite events. This change to everyday park operation is definitely not the same as changing the music for special events. If Disneyland is about escapism into worlds real and imagined then Main Street, U.S.A., inspired by Walt Disney’s boyhood home of Marceline, Missouri, should reflect that — including with period-appropriate music. Hopefully Disney changes this so the Main Street music loop returns to all-day use. Save “Under the Sea” and “When You Wish Upon a Star” for the parade floats.

Below, a partial list of the new Disney song playlist:

• Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
  • Mickey Mouse Club March
  • It’s a Small World
  • When You Wish Upon A Star
  • Casey Jr.
  • Under the Sea
  • Saludos Amigos
  • Mary Poppins Medley
  • Heigh-Ho”

mickEblu

Just caught this gem from MiceChat:

“Disneyland reopened Friday with a notable change on Main Street, U.S.A. that was easy one to miss in the bliss-fueled, heatwave-addled haze of returning to Disneyland after more than a year away. Main Street’s music loop has been updated to change from the standard background loop during the morning to a playlist of upbeat instrumental Disney songs as the park transitions toward closing hours.

The park’s last overhaul of its Main Street, U.S.A. music loop took place in early 2012 when the the loop was rearranged and re-recorded, retaining long-time favorites such as “Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis,” “In the Good Old Summer Time,” and “Alexander’s Ragtime Band.” At the time, Disney was met with controversy for including a recording of “Married Life” from Pixar’s “Up.” That controversy quickly passed when fans discovered the period-appropriate arrangement of the song fit in seamlessly with the rest of the turn-of-the-century tunes.

This new change, however, is a far cry from simply adding in one contemporary piece to the mix. Indeed, transitioning the background audio midday to a playlist exclusively comprised of instrumental Disney songs is a significant change that simply isn’t necessary or thematically appropriate. Disney has used playlists of Disney songs and other music on Main Street in the past but typically only for special events, New Year’s Eve parties, and Grad Nite events. This change to everyday park operation is definitely not the same as changing the music for special events. If Disneyland is about escapism into worlds real and imagined then Main Street, U.S.A., inspired by Walt Disney’s boyhood home of Marceline, Missouri, should reflect that — including with period-appropriate music. Hopefully Disney changes this so the Main Street music loop returns to all-day use. Save “Under the Sea” and “When You Wish Upon a Star” for the parade floats.

Below, a partial list of the new Disney song playlist:

• Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
  • Mickey Mouse Club March
  • It’s a Small World
  • When You Wish Upon A Star
  • Casey Jr.
  • Under the Sea
  • Saludos Amigos
  • Mary Poppins Medley
  • Heigh-Ho”

Here we go. First step in the long process of turning Main Street into Mickey Avenue.

I can’t keep up with these morons anymore.

brb1006

Absolutely. He would not be sharing pictures of the parks reopening if he didn’t intend to open them to all this summer, giving the CA economy an injection of summer tourism dollars before the recall. Just last week, water parks opened to those from OOS. No vaccine requirement. Moving in the right direction.

And don’t get me started on “that shadowy place,” Disboards. That’s beyond our kingdom and you must never go there.
I remember before joining WDWMagic in the Summer of 2015, I was originally a member of Disboards. However, I notified that the board was mostly positive and rarely made any criticisms. As a result, I also jumped ship from Disboards to this site which was a smart move in hindsight. Especially since this site has a lot of informative and longtime fans of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and the other Disney Parks and is more professional. Sure I might have some disagreements with some members, but at least it's not as alienating as Disboards.

ToTBellHop

I remember before joining WDWMagic in the Summer of 2015, I was originally a member of Disboards. However, I notified that the board was mostly positive and rarely made any criticisms. As a result, I also jumped ship from Disboards to this site which was a smart move in hindsight. Especially since this site has a lot of informative and longtime fans of Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and the other Disney Parks and is more professional. Sure I might have some disagreements with some members, but at least it's not as alienating as Disboards.
DISBoards has crazy rules. I get threatened over every other post for not following some arcane rule. Gross. “Like I always say, your majesty, ‘children have got to be free to lead their own lives.’”

brb1006

DISBoards has crazy rules. I get threatened over every other post for not following some arcane rule. Gross. “Like I always say, your majesty, ‘children have got to be free to lead their own lives.’”
Glad I didn't know about their crazy rules until now. Then again, I was mostly quite and made some posts back then. I like positivity, but Disboard was a different story. Don't hate that site, but I strongly prefer this site since it feels genuinely like a community.

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 1.39.33 PM.png

While USH can increase capacity to 35% this week with LA County advancing to Yellow Tier, Orange County will remain in the Orange Tier leaving DL to remain operating with up to 25% capacity for now. Case Rate adjusted as of this week is at 2.4 for Orange County.

SoCalDisneyLover

View attachment 554729

While USH can increase capacity to 35% this week with LA County advancing to Yellow Tier, Orange County will remain in the Orange Tier leaving DL to remain operating with up to 25% capacity for now. Case Rate adjusted as of this week is at 2.4 for Orange County.
I think USH has already increased capacity to 35%, if not more.

Yesterday, a Monday, the wait times were 1+ Hours, and Jurassic World had a 2 Hour wait. That's on a Monday in the 1st week of May, with supposedly limited capacity.

mickEblu

View attachment 554729

Thank Goodness. I need that capacity to still be low for my trip in 2.5 weeks

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Thank Goodness. I need that capacity to still be low for my trip in 2.5 weeks
While I was reluctant, I can tell you that it was worth it. We did 20 rides in 9ish hours without rushing since the lines were short (waited no more than 25-30 minutes max).

Just be sure to pack lots of sunscreen and stay hydrated since you will be spending that time waiting outdoors. Even the shaded outdoor queues poured into the walkways with social distancing.

mickEblu

So it’s true they haven’t even been at 25% capacity because OC is still in the Orange so it’s not like they can suddenly add more capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom