Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

princessjedi

Question: if I buy tickets on Thursday, I'll be able to move/ reschedule the reservation if I need to, right? Does anyone know when tickets purchased now will expire? I'm a CA resident, but I'm unsure of when I am able to make the trip.

AJFireman

Question: if I buy tickets on Thursday, I'll be able to move/ reschedule the reservation if I need to, right? Does anyone know when tickets purchased now will expire? I'm a CA resident, but I'm unsure of when I am able to make the trip.
Until tickets are for sale they haven't posted an expiration date. Yes they will have time to use it if your plans change. Going by how they previously set expiration dates it should be December 2022 if not longer. If your ticket should expire you can use and apply what you paid for the original ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket.

Darkbeer1

You can always cancel a reservation without any issue.

You would have to make a new reservation, using available dates at the time, and making sure if your ticket is Tier restricted, that the day is eligible for your tier or lower.

princessjedi

Until tickets are for sale they haven't posted an expiration date. Yes they will have time to use it if your plans change. Going by how they previously set expiration dates it should be December 2022 if not longer. If your ticket should expire you can use and apply what you paid for the original ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket.
You can always cancel a reservation without any issue.

You would have to make a new reservation, using available dates at the time, and making sure if your ticket is Tier restricted, that the day is eligible for your tier or lower.
Thank you! Very helpful!

mickEblu

From my experience playing around with the reservation system, you are put into a queue before you ever get to the screen that asks for linked tickets to start the reservation process (in my case it was only about 10 seconds). It's anticipated this queue can last several minutes before you get there, so jumping into that queue early could help save you time.

But how would that reservation queue you jumped in prior to getting tickets know you already secured tickets?

AJFireman

But how would that reservation queue you jumped in prior to getting tickets know you already secured tickets?
It doesnt. Right now you can get on the reservation site and get to the point of "Create Party" and link tickets.

Not sure how long you can sit on the reservation site without reentering the queue while you complete your ticket purchase if the queue wait times do not match.

mickEblu

It doesnt. Right now you can get on the reservation site and get to the point of "Create Party" and link tickets.

Not sure how long you can sit on the reservation site without reentering the queue while you complete your ticket purchase if the queue wait times do not match.

Interesting, thank you. Do you have to buy tickets on the Disneyland app?

waltography

Interesting, thank you. Do you have to buy tickets on the Disneyland app?
I'm assuming you can buy tickets online - as of right now, the url that usually points to buying tickets reroutes to the page sharing the new ticket + reservation process. I'm assuming that will change sometime after 8 on Thursday based on the verbiage on that page.

mickEblu

Why does this read to me like Hotel reservations do guarantee Park reservations but they just don’t want to say it?

7C859480-8564-44DD-A90F-6D597EAB00DE.jpeg

mickEblu

I'm assuming you can buy tickets online - as of right now, the url that usually points to buying tickets reroutes to the page sharing the new ticket + reservation process. I'm assuming that will change sometime after 8 on Thursday based on the verbiage on that page.

I just tried. I was on the app and it directed me to click a link that took me to the website where I had to sign in again

waltography

I just tried. I was on the app and it directed me to click a link that took me to the website where I had to sign again
Interesting. So it sounds like they really don't want people to use the app then.

Why does this read to me like Hotel reservations do guarantee Park reservations but they just don’t want to say it?

View attachment 548594
It's very carefully worded; I wonder if they've reserved a pool of reservations specifically for guests but they don't want to disclose that part out loud. What are they doing at GC on those dates if not visiting the parks?

AJFireman

It's very carefully worded; I wonder if they've reserved a pool of reservations specifically for guests but they don't want to disclose that part out loud. What are they doing at GC on those dates if not visiting the parks?

I have read that as well and feel they will be having another set of reservations for Hotel Guest since they want you to make sure you link your Hotel/Package stay. It doesn't guarantee you admission but probably have better odds then the 2 other sets of reservations pools ( Single Day and Multi Day tickets). The same way WDW is doing things. They have a Hotel Reservation pool but doesn't guarantee admission. CM with comp tickets have been told on the HUB that even though they have to wait until the 20th to reserve they will still have an opportunity to reserve the more popular days. So sounds like they might also have a different pool of reservations to choose from.

mickEblu

I have read that as well and feel they will be having another set of reservations for Hotel Guest since they want you to make sure you link your Hotel/Package stay. It doesn't guarantee you admission but probably have better odds then the 2 other sets of reservations pools ( Single Day and Multi Day tickets). The same way WDW is doing things. They have a Hotel Reservation pool but doesn't guarantee admission. CM with comp tickets have been told on the HUB that even though they have to wait until the 20th to reserve they will still have an opportunity to reserve the more popular days. So sounds like they might also have a different pool of reservations to choose from.

So what’s the strategy? Go after park reservations first or hotel reservations? I’d hate to waste precious time missing out on park reservations just to find out that the going rate for a standard room at the Grand Californian is $800 a night. For my first trip back I think I’m leaning 2 day park hopper with a 2 night stay at the Marriott. I don’t think the value for an onsite stay/ trip is there right now between kinks being worked out, COVID rules and what I suspect the hotel rates to be. I’ll have to save that for later in the year.

AJFireman

So what’s the strategy? Go after park reservations first or hotel reservations? I’d hate to waste precious time missing out on park reservations just to find out that the going rate for a standard room at the Grand Californian is $800 a night. For my first trip back I think I’m leaning 2 day park hopper with a 2 night stay at the Marriott. I don’t think the value for an onsite stay/ trip is there right now between kinks being worked out, COVID rules and what I suspect the hotel rates to be. I’ll have to save that for later in the year.
Its hard to say because these are all assumptions based on my interpretation and past practice with WDW procedures. Since you need park tickets first make sure to get into that queue. You can see the availability calendar live without being in any queue and if Hotel Reservations get their own it will show there as well. You can always make a hotel reservation in a separate window or device when reservations open up then cancel if it doesn't give you any advantage or regular multi day reservations are available.

Hopefully most of the major kinks will be worked out during the test and adjust period for attractions and food and beverage. Also during the preview but only time will tell.

Tamandua

I had forgotten that our parents had bought Southern California resident three day tickets to go to the parks with us and our kids, and now that our passes have been canceled our parents are wondering when we can go to the parks with them. I wonder how many so cal resident tickets were purchased just to go with passholders who can't go now? It's created a tricky situation for us.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Same with me, I'm going to grab a 2-day park-hopper. I reserved a room at the Clarion across from the Toy Story parking lot for 3 nights June 4th to 7th. I'm really hoping I can get that weekend.

That raises a question...does anyone know if the Toy Story shuttles will be running? I'm assuming they will, but be reduced capacity.

I also want to say that Dave at Fresh Baked (idk why I watched that, but guess it might be important) stated that the queue for getting reservations on Monday started at 7:30am. You couldn't reserve until 8am, but could get into the queue early. He thinks it might be the same for Thursday, so I'd recommend trying to get into queues at 7:30am for buying tickets and getting reservations.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Quick question: if I buy a two-day ticket, how long can I wait to use the second day? Can I use it on consecutive Saturdays, for example?
Pre-Covid the rule was 14 days (day of first use+13). So you could buy a 2 day ticket and do 2 consecutive Saturdays but if you bought a 3 day ticket you couldn’t do 3 consecutive saturdays.

Not sure if that’s changing now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom