Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I gather they picked this to give CA residents a bit of time before out of state people show up. This will obviously draw people from all corners.
I know, I'm just being silly. I was hoping to go Memorial weekend so I'd only have to take one day off to make it a four-day weekend and try to be there two days. I can either go in early June and take two days off, or just one day and only visit one park, but that defeats the purpose of not going Memorial day as I would want to spend one day in Disneyland (unless I spent more to park hop since the only thing I'd be interested in at DCA is AC and maybe one ride on RSR). There's always July 4th weekend, but I'd really like to go before June 15th in case they decide to remove capacity restrictions making the parks more crowded.

Decisions decisions.

milordsloth

THAT EMPLOYEE WASN’T TEMP. SHE WAS A FULL TIME ACTRESS.
I'm pretty sure they meant employee of a temporary theater show, not that the CM was necessarily a temporary employee. Either way this is sure a lot of drama over nothing imo.

My main issue right now is worrying how I'm going to get a park reservation for opening day when the reservation system opens while I'm at work...

Figments Friend

Hey, Walt listed the Speedramps on the new DL&SFRR Alweg Monorail as an attraction. I love Walt. Disneyland was a major part of my childhood. I have no problem acknowledging that Walt was both a creative genius and a savvy businessman and, frankly, a decent huckster. He knew how to promote. He knew how to cater to his audience. I respect that. Disneyland is a business. Most recently I was awed by RotR. Riding it for the first time is up there with PotC, HM, IJA, Avatar, ATIS, CoP, and, when I was a boy, iasw and Tiki Room. These were attractions that changed my expectations of theme park entertainment.

And people-watching from almost any bench in the parks is a great attraction for me. Waiting for Figaro to wake up at Castle Fantasy Faire or the Evil Queen to reveal herself over Snow White. Or the seagulls at Nemo Subs--I cry out "mine, mine, mine" (and I do it really well). I love seeing the Dapper Dans sing their way down Main Street on the streetcar. I miss the '70s College Marching Band doing a mash-up of 1812 and William Tell Overtures. And Cadaver Dans on a raft on RoA. Don't get me started on losing Thor's throne room--I'll cry. In the late '60s I was fascinated by the glass cutters at Crystal d'Orleans for Arribas Brothers. I always liked glass blowers, but this was new and I spent my allowance on several gifts. Then I got hired in FL and worked my way through college as a glass cutter and worked all over the country for Arribas and others. I miss Harry Brice the Silhouette artist. Bub Taylor and Kevin Miles, the great basses in Dapper Dans in FL. I saw Fulton Burley, Betty Taylor, and Wally Boag at Golden Horseshoe many times. And Teddy Buckner's Jazz All-Stars. I saw Mickey Mouse leading the WDW Band for Salute to Canada in 1974 in his Mountie costume with his sleeve chevrons upside down (they fixed it in between sets).

When I was a boy, we would take my grandparents from Oklahoma to DL with us when they visited. We would buy reasonably priced senior tickets for them and they would ride the train, Mark Twain, CoP, Carousel, FL dark rides, and (in the hot afternoon) Mr. Lincoln and America the Beautiful. And yes, there was a lot of sitting on benches. Walt wanted DL to be for entire families and I got to fully experience that. I don't particularly notice the "Lukewarm Water on tap at El Zocalo Cart". But I do always point out my favorite stained glass window at the resort (other than the entry doors at GCH which are hard to see opening and closing) above the entrance to Rancho del Zocalo (look for the giant "Z" and the beautiful oak leaves). They were produced by Judson Studios of Los Angeles, the US' oldest stained glass studio. I have a lifelong family connection to Judson and my brother has a window panel that is a family heirloom.

Disneyland is full of small, personal stories. I've done my fair share of blowing through the roller coasters. I've also spent a fair amount of time "stopping and smelling the roses". YMM

And here I thought I was the only one who loved seeing those beautiful stained glass windows.
Even did a photo shoot a few years ago to try to capture all the details....they are gorgeous!

I enjoyed reading your post above.
You, fine sir, have had many grand adventures.

:)

-

waltography

I'm pretty sure they meant employee of a temporary theater show, not that the CM was necessarily a temporary employee. Either way this is sure a lot of drama over nothing imo.

My main issue right now is worrying how I'm going to get a park reservation for opening day when the reservation system opens while I'm at work...
Basically everything's been said regarding TP's response and no one's changing their minds, so I'll just say this: he's entitled to his opinion, but you don't gain any favor for kicking someone while they're on the ground.

As for the reservation system, I've resigned myself to the fact that it will crash, or I'll be put in a godforsaken virtual queue that'll close before I reach the front of the line. 🙃 It's better to keep my expectations low and find myself surprised that Disney's system granted me the opportunity to reserve a date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom