Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That is the October 2020 version. I AM USING THE March 26, 2021 version.
Nope that is the updated one released on March 26th effective April 1st.

Yellow –Minimal –Tier 4

•Parks must limit visitors to a maximum of 35% capacity.
•Indoor capacity limited to a maximum of 25%
•Indoor dining limited to a maximum of 50% capacity
•Walk up ticket sales allowed. Park operators must collect complete name and contact information(including phone number)of the ticket purchaser for necessary contact tracing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Subs, meet and greet locations and venues closed as well as reduced capacity on indoor seating attractions(Star Tours etc...)means it is really starting at that 15 percent capacity either way.
There is a difference between in-park capacity and specific attraction capacity. The in-park guest capacity is now 25% not 15% in the Orange Tier.

Haunted Mansion is going to have some nightmare capacity considering the fact that they can't bypass like Disney world does due to the elevator.
There is a side "exit" that can be used if they want to by-pass the Stretching Room. But suspect they'll just have social distancing markers on the floor and allow only a handful of guests in at a time.

MK-fan

1617251006961.png

BayouShack

Haunted Mansion is going to have some nightmare capacity considering the fact that they can't bypass like Disney world does due to the elevator.

Imagine if they slowed down the buggies just because—with how few people are being sent down every cycle—they can. ❤️ They won’t but they should.

ToTBellHop

The only place it can go without crossing a walkway. Hopefully the construction isn't too loud.
I admittedly do not know DL well (only been twice and the last time was 16 years ago, which is why I really would like to take my family this summer—they’ve never been to California), but would there be a way for IJA to just use JC’s upstairs queue and JC use the downstairs? Please don’t laugh if that is impossible. The extent of my memory as a kid was, “that’s so cool that they built a 2-story queue!”

BayouShack

I admittedly do not know DL well (only been twice and the last time was 16 years ago, which is why I really would like to take my family this summer—they’ve never been to California), but would there be a way for IJA to just use JC’s upstairs queue and JC use the downstairs? Please don’t laugh if that is impossible. The extent of my memory as a kid was, “that’s so cool that they built a 2-story queue!”

There already is! A second flight of stairs connects the end of the IJA exit path to the second level of the boathouse. On crazy days, the line will jump from the main switchbacks over the exit path, up to the boathouse, and then back again.

ToTBellHop

There already is! A second flight of stairs connects the end of the IJA exit path to the second level of the boathouse. On crazy days, the line will jump from the main switchbacks over the exit path, up to the boathouse, and then back again.
Then there you have it. I imagine DL, in particular, will have to use virtual queues. It’s crazy enough in Magic Kingdom and DL has about twice the rides.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

ToTBellHop

Or maybe 1/2 and 1/2? Even at 25% capacity, all those people walking around the park is a lot no?
VQs typically still allow a line, but only what the queue can hold. For reasons unknown, WDW refused to use them such that queues snake throughout the parks, and you enter some queues at illogical locations.

mickEblu

VQs typically still allow a line, but only what the queue can hold. For reasons unknown, WDW refused to use them such that queues snake throughout the parks, and you enter some queues at illogical locations.

indoor “virtual” queues are a No no right now though right? Not that that makes much of a difference for DL. Outside of Indy and Splash, most indoor queues are tiny.

ToTBellHop

indoor “virtual” queues are a No no right now though right? Not that that makes much of a difference for DL. Outside of Indy and Splash, most indoor queues are tiny.
I presume it would count toward the 15 min, which should not be a problem for Splash since so much of the start of the ride is outside. The Indy queue will need to be taken at a jog! They’ll keep triggering the ceiling spikes to get people moving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom