Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

aaronml

They are presently activating functionality for the dining packages on the website and app so they can click “go” once they announce.
Without FP, I’m curious how they are going to handle viewing area access for both Fantasmic and WoC. Probably first come, first served for now, which would be unfortunate (since you’ll have to show up a lot earlier). I have a bad feeling though that when DPA (or some variant of it) launches, it will be included in that, and you’ll essentially be forced to pay up (via DPA or a Dining Package) for a good view.

180º

Without FP, I’m curious how they are going to handle viewing area access for both Fantasmic and WoC. Probably first come, first served for now, which would be unfortunate (since you’ll have to show up a lot earlier). I have a bad feeling though that when DPA (or some variant of it) launches, it will be included in that, and you’ll essentially be forced to pay up (via DPA or a Dining Package) for a good view.
Maybe eventually they’ll bring show reservations back in the form of a virtual queue?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Seeing this reported:

ETA: source

So happy for this news! I'd heard they'd be back for Halloween Time. :)

Along with clearly budget-saving reason of not having them back at park open as they were at WDW, I wondered if they weren't brought back for regular/non-holiday sets prior to now because they will need to revamp their main chimes set since it included "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" which is now gone from the parks music playlists. So by holding them back till Halloween, they can just do their Halloween sets and then go quickly into their Christmas sets before TPTB decide whether to give them the rehearsal time to redo the chimes set or simply send the chimes off to the company Archives as a part of pre-pandemic history... :/

I'd be sad to see the chimes set go, so I hope they let them rearrange and re-choreograph the set.

TP2000

Along with clearly budget-saving reason of not having them back at park open as they were at WDW, I wondered if they weren't brought back for regular/non-holiday sets prior to now because they will need to revamp their main chimes set since it included "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" which is now gone from the parks music playlists.

They delayed the Dapper Dans so a couple dozen people per hour on Main Street couldn't hear them sing Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah? I highly doubt that was the reason. I think it was just budgets and the logistics of rehiring and remounting this little show.

Every single day 1,500 riders per hour are going on Splash Mountain and hearing that song continuously. Disneyland was open today from 8am to 11pm. Splash Mountain averaged a 75 minute wait time today. That's at least 18,000 people who just heard Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah performed on Disneyland property today, sung by singing chickens no less. Well over 100,000 people per week are currently hearing that song at Disneyland. Even more per week at WDW's higher capacity version of the same ride. There is no known closure date for that ride on either coast.

truecoat

I heard nothing on that ride a few weeks ago except my entire log screaming from the amount of water coming in. I was soaked head to toe except a small part of my back that was against the back rest. If there was music in the ride or anything I was supposed to see, it was missed by me. I was just in a state of regret.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom