News Disneyland offers $99 summer parkhopper ticket deals to annual passholders - OCRegister

Anjin

Original Poster
Disneyland offers $99 summer parkhopper ticket deals to annual passholders
Disneyland may have found a solution to its unusually empty-parks scenario that people have been noticing lately: It just announced a strong new “Bring a friend” summer promotion.

Here’s how it works: Annual passholders can buy a one-day parkhopper ticket for a friend for $99. That’s a deal, considering that regular single-park tickets are $149, and parkhoppers — which allow people to cross back and forth between both Disneyland parks as many times as they want — are regularly $199 right now. So that’s less than half price!

Last edited:

WDW Pro

It's summer.... This is insane.

Someone in TDA must be going nuts right now.

It's leaked that management is meeting twice daily now to determine which employees they can cut for the day in order to try to save as much money as possible. There are also reports that Millenium Falcon wait times are being purposefully doubled and anything below 30 Minutes is actually a walk-on.

britain

It's leaked that management is meeting twice daily now to determine which employees they can cut for the day in order to try to save as much money as possible. There are also reports that Millenium Falcon wait times are being purposefully doubled and anything below 30 Minutes is actually a walk-on.

Where was that leaked?

Phroobar

67429687.jpg

Rich T

I wonder if the cheap additions and increased prices are finally taking their toll, perhaps hurting SW:GE in the crossfire.

I know, there's only so many times I can keep repeating myself :p
It's a perfect storm of elements, past mistakes and the cloud of GREED that even the most casual member of the GP can notice hanging over the Walt Disney Co. these days. Just speaking for myself, my family and my co-workers-- we've never been so not-excited about seeing a major addition to DLR. It's like, "Yeah, we'll check it out next time we go...WHEN WE CAN AFFORD TO GO."

tirian

It would put a huge smile on my face to see Galaxy’s Edge not perform the way it was expected.
I suspect the attendance problem is due a lethal combination of overpriced tickets and a lack of general interest in a generic SW land that doesn’t have any recognizable landmarks except a prop outside a simulator ride.

Judging from comments on news articles and fan blogs, the public doesn’t feel SWGE at DL is a must-see like Harry Potter. WDW will probably gain more steam if it opens ROTR on Day One.

But I’m really just speculating.

FWIW, I’ve heard that Parks and Resorts leaders refuse to believe they’ve overpriced the tickets, and they’re trying to blame SWGE marketing instead of admitting they’ve raised prices far beyond an average family’s budget.

Nirya

How does this work since most APs are blocked out of summer?

If the AP is blocked out, they can also buy the ticket at the $99 price. The email I got says you can purchase up to 3 of the tickets, but they're for use that day and the AP has to accompany you on the first entry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom