Disneyland New "Flex" Annual Pass

mickEblu

Yeah I just looked at the site. Now the 22nd is open and the 23rd is slashed out. It looks like I was right (and yes I could've been wrong too)). As I said I just counted the days on the calendar and the 22nd wouldn't be counted until today. I also said they should ALL be slashed out from the 31st day on to let people know they could only reserve within the 30 day window. I knew that's where the real confusion is coming in and people just think its sold out.

As said its just badly formatted and confusing. But it made no sense for that one day to be full but yet the ENTIRE month to be completely open. And it definitely made no sense for DCA to be so full lol. Yeah, DL, OK, but DCA too? Unless some major convention or something was happening that weekend I had no idea why that one particular day would be full to capacity.

And as I said I highly doubt Disney has even sold that many passes yet to even book a full day. My guess is it will probably be a month at least until we start to see blocked days. Too many people are still on other passes right now. The first year will probably not be all that bad getting a reservation, although I know it will get worse later but not bad this soon.

I on the other hand did none of the work but thought Disney was competent enough to know what they mean by their own legend.

Yes, 32 + days out should have all been slashed out at least to keep the contradiction consistent. But what they really need to is color code differently for 30 days out.

Phroobar

I still think the better idea would be to replace the whole thing with a Membership program. For $400 (or some number, done after analysis) you get half off any ticket for yourself for a year, plus food and merchandise discounts and special events.

Simple, easy to understand, fair.
Why not just use the Club 33 model then? For $5000 a year no black out dates at any Disney park. Limited to only 300K world wide. Your on a waiting list after that. Mandatory parking and maxpass extra.

fctiger

I still think the better idea would be to replace the whole thing with a Membership program. For $400 (or some number, done after analysis) you get half off any ticket for yourself for a year, plus food and merchandise discounts and special events.

Simple, easy to understand, fair.

I think they would never do that though because it would discourage people from going more often. People want a flat rate and a certain number of free days. And the issue with paying $400 (or whatever) up front is you feel you're basically paying hundreds of dollars and yet not any free days out of it even if in the long run you're saving money. But to a lot of people it may just feel like you are paying a lot of money up front with not even one free day thrown in or any other big incentives other than paying for a discounted ticket . That's just not very inviting for people. At least give them a 5 or so days free and then maybe discounted tickets after that.

I think the better idea is to pay that much and maybe limit the number of days you get to go a year but like 20-30 tops. But NO black out dates. You can go anytime you want but after your 20-30 days are up that's it unless you buy another pass. This would make people a lot more selective but still feel they are getting a good deal if they can still go several times a month. I think a lot of people would go for that in a heartbeat, especially if you really only go once a month now but yet paying for 300+ days. More like an a la carte plan.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Exactly! Thats where I saw MickEblu and others were getting confused on. They are not to blame of course, Disney is. They should make it clear as day what is NOT open for reservation yet, but they literally just have one slash there while everything else is open so people can assume every day after that is open to book when its the complete opposite.

To be fair it does say on the website you can only book 30 days out which is why I knew what the slash was really indicating, but they have to know a lot of people are going to miss that. Make it plain as day when you can and can not go just like they do the block out dates.

But why can’t I get any love for the fact that they are giving us the wrong info? That part isn’t just open to misinterpretation. It’s wrong. Am I reading something incorrectly? They specifically show the slashed dates in blue to mean that the reservation was required but has been booked/ at capacity yet they are using it to show that a date is not available because it’s 31 days out.

mickEblu

Calling on a friend. Anyone. Can someone please look at this screenshot and tell me what I’m not understanding? I just want to know that I’m not going crazy. Please refer to the circled parts in red. They specifically show the slashed dates in blue to mean that the reservation was required but the day has been booked/ at capacity yet they are using it to show that a date is not available because it’s 31 days out. Am I wrong in saying that they are not using their own legend accurately and the issue isn’t just merely open to misinterpretation ?

1496009B-3EF3-48F1-AB49-DFE6F649ACD7.jpeg

Last edited:

fctiger

Why not just use the Club 33 model then? For $5000 a year no black out dates at any Disney park. Limited to only 300K world wide. Your on a waiting list after that. Mandatory parking and maxpass extra.

LOL is that how it really works at Club 33? I'm far to poor to ever see that place but I honestly don't even know what the appeal is? Sure I would to do it once maybe but not something where I'm paying thousands to go every year. But I'm more of hamburger and fries type of guy and only do any counter service restaurants for some special occasion like a birthday or a big gathering. For that price I would rather do an all expense trip to WDW for a week.

fctiger

But why can’t I get any love for the fact that they are giving us the wrong info? That part isn’t just open to misinterpretation. It’s wrong. Am I reading something incorrectly? They specifically show the slashed dates in blue to mean that the reservation was required but has been booked/ at capacity yet they are using it to show that a date is not available because it’s 31 days out.

As I said its not your or anyone's fault. Yes the format is clearly vague and wrong and where the mix up is coming in. But I just knew it couldn't meant capacity was full since you literally couldn't even make a reservation until today. But yes, how its laid out and explained is clearly wrong. That's what I was trying to explain yesterday. Because again, according to the website, its also suggesting you can book other days past the 23rd and that's also wrong as well.

They should really have two different icons to make it clearer and others said change the color of the dates past the reserve window. But my guess (or hope) is they will see how confusing and vague it is and clear it up soon.

Last edited:

mickEblu

As I said its not your or anyone's fault. Yes the format is clearly vague and wrong and where the mix up is coming in. But I just knew it couldn't meant capacity was full since you literally couldn't even make a reservation until today. But yes, how its laid out and explained is clearly wrong. That's what I was trying to explain yesterday. Because again, according to the website, its also suggesting you can book other days past the 23rd and that's clearly wrong too.

They should really have two different icons to make it clearer and others said change the color of the dates past the reserve window. But my guess (or hope) is they will see how confusing and vague it is and clear it up soon.

Lol thanks I know. I just pride myself on being detail oriented and I was starting to question if Disney was right and I was wrong.

I thought before you were trying to say it was kind of just vague and up for misinterpretation so I just wanted another human being to confirm they re in fact putting wrong/ inaccurate info out - which you did so thanks.

fctiger

Lol thanks I know. I just pride myself on being detail oriented and I was starting to question if Disney was right and I was wrong.

I thought before you were trying to say it was kind of just vague and up for misinterpretation so I just wanted another human being to confirm they re in fact putting wrong/ inaccurate info out which you did - thanks.

Well its both. Its wrong and vague. Because to be fair they do say you can only only book up to 30 days and that was the 31st day and why I knew exactly what the slash represented. Literally no one should have been able to book anything on that day. That's what I kept saying. But the issue is they didn't make it clear enough that A. the slash was actually meant for both (and where its wrong) and not just for capacity and B. that they didn't make it clear you couldn't book dates after the day was blocked.

mickEblu

Well its both. Its wrong and vague. Because to be fair they do say you can only only book up to 30 days and that was the 31st day and why I knew exactly what the slash represented. Literally no one should have been able to book anything on that day. That's what I kept saying. But the issue is they didn't make it clear enough that A. the slash was actually meant for both (and where its wrong) and not just for capacity and B. that they didn't make it clear you couldn't book dates after the day was blocked.

Correct, it is both. I just don’t feel like you said they were “wrong” until the last post. Like I said, I thought you had been trying to say that it was only vague or up for misinterpretation.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Correct, it is both. I just don’t feel like you said they were “wrong” until the last post. Like I said, I thought you had been trying to say that it was only vague or up for misinterpretation.
Bruh, you're wrong and you know it, just admit it.....

*Even though you're not really...

socalifornian

Calling on a friend. Anyone. Can someone please look at this screenshot and tell me what I’m not understanding? I just want to know that I’m not going crazy. Please refer to the circled parts in red. They specifically show the slashed dates in blue to mean that the reservation was required but the day has been booked/ at capacity yet they are using it to show that a date is not available because it’s 31 days out. Am I wrong in saying that they are not using their own legend accurately and the issue isn’t just merely open to misinterpretation ?

View attachment 375223
Can confirm, more info is needed on multiple fronts. Still unsure how they arrived at that answer after squaring Reservation Unavailable
r/theydidntdothemath

Tanna Eros

This is the first step in crowd control...I do wonder if it spells the end of some other passes in the not too distant future.
I perceived this immediately. I'm so cynical.
Anytime someone rolls out a change, it's "New and Improved", I think the only one that gets the improvements are the company that rolled it out.
In commercial products like detergent, "New and Improved" means "We found a cheaper ingredient that will take the place of a safer, more expensive ingredient" to me.

SuddenStorm

View attachment 375223

I think this is actually highlighting a huge potential issue with Flex Pass- that Disney can arbitrarily decide how many reservations to allow per day, and mark days as "full" before even offering them for reservations.

It's basically Disney giving the illusion of a cheaper pass with fewer blockout dates, while simultaneously allowing them to add blackout days whenever they feel.

fctiger

Got my ressie for June 24th without a hitch this morning.

That's great news! I was thinking about that today actually and realized the first official day of GE open to the public would be available for Flex pass. I said this before, I really don't think any big dates are really going to selling out any time soon and certainly not 30 days out.

But it will be interesting to see if that week does start to get booked up the closer we get. I imagine maybe it could happen but probably not until a week or so before. And most likely maybe that first weekend after it opens.

But if it doesn't get booked the first week, then it could be a sign the rest of the summer won't be so bad and it will be pretty easy to go. Again, not saying that will happen but will definitely be watching as we are considering getting it ourselves when our Signatures expire in July.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think this is actually highlighting a huge potential issue with Flex Pass- that Disney can arbitrarily decide how many reservations to allow per day, and mark days as "full" before even offering them for reservations.

It's basically Disney giving the illusion of a cheaper pass with fewer blockout dates, while simultaneously allowing them to add blackout days whenever they feel.
But isn't that what all anti-AP people (not saying you were one) have been asking for, for Disney to block out more APs so the park is less crowded? I don't understand why then that's a bad thing for them to introduce a AP where they can do that....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom