News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It appears you are not familiar with the elected officials who sit on the the Orange County Board of Supervisors.
Oh I'm aware its a 3 to 2 Republican majority. But still doesn't change the fact that mask mandates are starting to come back even in defiant OC.

DavidNoble

Many USA employers have stopped hiring smokers entirely, both private companies and government agencies.

I smoked socially when I was young and up until many decades ago. I still put out a couple nice ashtrays and marble lighters at big parties, when a guest or two might want to take them out on the patio or deck for a smoke. But I think it's entirely appropriate for an employer to not hire smokers; it's just economics at this point.

Quite frankly, I think it would be smart if employers did the same thing with the chronically obese. Obesity is the leading cause of death in Covid patients, amonth other diseases. MSNBC said the other day that in the USA in the last 18 months 78% of Covid deaths were patients who were obese. That's a key driver of dying with Covid; obesity. Obesity is a killer in general, but Covid is brutal with obesity.

The only thing here is that some are obese because of a myriad of health issues. This is why you're not seeing insurance companies charging higher costs from that, because if one has a legit medical issue that has caused them to be obese, then they could open themselves up to bigger issues. Choosing not to take the vaccine or smoke cigarettes is ultimately a personal choice.

TP2000

57.7% is considered highly vaccinated?!

Compared to the rest of California it is. Or at least it's markedly higher than average for this state. I believe OC is still in the top ten of California counties, and it's clearly the second highest vaccination rate in SoCal, behind sunny San Diego.

From best to worst in SoCal...

San Diego County = 60.0% Fully Vaccinated
Orange County = 57.7% Fully Vaccinated
LA County = 55.8% Fully Vaccinated
Riverside County = 45.0% Fully Vaccinated
San Bernardino County = 42.0% Fully Vaccinated

The number one California county for vaccinations is affluent Marin County at 74% Fully Vaccinated. The least vaccinated is rural Lassen County with only 28% Fully Vaccinated.

Compared to most of the rest of California, Orange County is highly vaccinated. I don't know anyone in my social circle that is not vaccinated. Two ladies and one man I know already got their booster shots last week. I'm going to wait until October to pair it with my annual Flu Shot.

Last edited:

TP2000

It is when you’re trying to spread misinformation.

Yeah, because all of the data I just posted in this thread from the California Department of Public Health is "misinformation". 🤣

If you don't trust the California Department of Public Health and the hard data they release on their public website I linked earlier, and you consider that official data to be "misinformation", then what data would you use instead?

Last edited:

Tamandua

Yeah, because all of the data I just posted in this thread from the California Department of Public Health is "misinformation". 🤣

If you don't trust the California Department of Public Health and the hard data they release on their public website I linked earlier, and you consider that official data to be "misinformation", then what data would you use instead?
Inconvenient facts are "misinformation" around here.

lazyboy97o

Your clueless commentary is not data.
Inconvenient facts are "misinformation" around here.
I thought you were tired of dishonesty?

TP2000

Your clueless commentary is not data.
No, my clueless commentary is commentary. Since 2003 on this website. Since 1995 on the Internet at large. And for many more years, God willing! 🤣

Which is why when it's time to discuss data I like to link and cut-and-paste the hard data from official sources. All of the Covid data I provided in this thread is from the California Department of Public Health, or the county health authorities of the giant and very rich SoCal counties. It's good solid data. Hard facts. It's not misinformation.

lazyboy97o

No, my clueless commentary is commentary. Since 2003 on this website. Since 1995 on the Internet at large. And for many more years, God willing! 🤣

Which is why when it's time to discuss data I like to link and cut-and-paste the hard data from official sources. All of the Covid data I provided in this thread is from the California Department of Public Health, or the county health authorities of the giant and very rich SoCal counties. It's good solid data. Hard facts. It's not misinformation.
A bunch of numbers are meaningless when you are clueless.

TP2000

The only thing here is that some are obese because of a myriad of health issues. This is why you're not seeing insurance companies charging higher costs from that, because if one has a legit medical issue that has caused them to be obese, then they could open themselves up to bigger issues. Choosing not to take the vaccine or smoke cigarettes is ultimately a personal choice.

I agree. Although obesity caused by other diseases is not the normal experience. The majority of obese people are obese because they take in too many calories each day and then do too little excercise. That obesity then leads to other health problems (joints, diabetes, etc.) that then cause further declines in health.

The obesity problem in 21st century America is just that, a problem caused by obesity. You can't blame it on other stuff too often.

As for cigarettes, again as a person who used to smoke socially many decades ago at parties and bars and discotheques, I thought we were making huge progress in this country up until about 10 years ago. We were almost to the point where you never saw smoking in public, and it was going the way of girdles and mandatory jackets in steakhouses. Then, we legalized marijuana and it all sort of fell apart.

Now, the kids are all smoking again. And those marijuana cigarettes don't even have filter tips! They just let in all the chemicals and toxins without a pure white filter tip and a snappy jingle to make it more palatable. I find that disturbing and sad.

TP2000

Oh, speaking of the kids smoking marijuana... I thought of this thread this afternoon as I ran errands near the campus of UC San Diego after my pedicure. At a shopping center near the freeway, there was tons of college kids swarming the big box stores stocking up on dorm essentials and life supplies, a few with parents (and their credit cards) in tow. None of them were wearing masks. There is no mask mandate in San Diego.

I have no idea if the UC system requires masks on campus, but when these kids were just off campus they were unmasked. I was happy to see that, especially here in San Diego where most of life happens outdoors.

Get vaccinated. Get back to normal. And if you are college kid, God bless you! The kids I saw this afternoon as UCSD classes get ready to resume were so fresh and fun and giggly and excited to be there. There's nothing quite so invigorating to be around as a bunch of cute college kids just before the school year starts! :D

I almost forgot... Go Tritons!

SoCalMort

Meanwhile, in Tallahassee.....

SoCalMort

Third.jpg

Edited: Corrected spelling of 'who' in third line (formally 'how'). Thanks @MoonRakerSCM.

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

Compared to the rest of California it is. Or at least it's markedly higher than average for this state. I believe OC is still in the top ten of California counties, and it's clearly the second highest vaccination rate in SoCal, behind sunny San Diego.

So relatively better, compared to places whose vaccination rates are arguably appalling.

Still not what I would refer to as "highly vaccinated".

TP2000

So relatively better, compared to places whose vaccination rates are arguably appalling.

Still not what I would refer to as "highly vaccinated".

True. A 58% score is an F in school. But on the bell curve we grade vaccines on, 58% and rising is pretty darn good. It's above average in California, and well above average on a global scale, to be honest.

United Kingdom = 63.0% Fully Vaccinated
Orange County = 57.7% Fully Vaccinated
European Union = 57.7% Fully Vaccinated
Sweden = 52.2% Fully Vaccinated
Switzerland = 51.4% Fully Vaccinated
Japan = 42.9% Fully Vaccinated
South Korea = 24.9% Fully Vaccinated
Australia = 24.8% Fully Vaccinated
New Zealand = 21.3% Fully Vaccinated

The OC and the EU are tied as of yesterday! Go OC, beat EU! 😁

Last edited:

TP2000

Put on those masks, boys and girls!

You are more than welcome to do that. I will honor your right to do that. Mask up for the rest of your life and never show your face in public or emote to another human ever again, that's fine with me.

But I'm vaccinated. Everyone I know is vaccinated. So I don't wear a mask any longer. I believe in vaccines and in science.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom