News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

Anjin

So does this mean kids 12 and under will still have to wear masks? Kind of hard to “self attest” your child has been vaccinated when they are not being offered to that age group. They avoided the topic in the update unless I missed it
That's address in the OP: unvaccinated children 2 and up have to wear masks while indoors, unless they are dining.

SoCalDisneyLover

I'll finally get the chance to wear the vented N95 masks I purchased well over a year ago, before they were banned. They were banned since they provide protection for the wearer, but not for others, which is perfectly acceptable now. Easier breathing and no fogged up glasses.

Stevek

Woo, this’ great news! Disneyland as we knew it is returning at a rapid pace! Here’s what we should expect over the coming days/weeks:
  • Removal of social distancing markers (already happening)
  • Indoor queueing
  • (Hopefully) ~100% ride capacity
  • Masks optional
  • Return of many restaurants
  • Breakfast in the park
  • Almost all attractions returning to service
  • Return of entertainment
  • Expanded hours
Like I said, the next 2 weeks could be the best weeks to visit IF all of the items above come to fruition. I'm still very concerned that they don't have the staffing to handle opening of all restaurants and ODV which makes me think mobile order will still be required for many locations.

Nland316

Hoping indoor capacity is increased this week as well. I’ve going Wednesday and am desperately trying to find a blue bayou opening!

aaronml

I’m curious to see how long the park reservation system sticks around, as well as when/if FastPass and MaxPass return.

Tamandua

The next milestone is probably when the additional unemployment benefits end in early September (assuming they aren't extended). Until then, it will likely be difficult to find the staff for a full reopening.

Jefro

This is the stage where we have to trust that everybody is going to be kind and do the right thing. All we need is a another breakout centered on Disney where it turns out that somebody is not vaccinated and then we could go back to zero. Chances of that?

SuddenStorm

This is the stage where we have to trust that everybody is going to be kind and do the right thing. All we need is a another breakout centered on Disney where it turns out that somebody is not vaccinated and then we could go back to zero. Chances of that?

I'd say those changes are very low given everything we know about how covid spreads.

Newtwo

I hate to break it to you, there is going to be hundreds if not thousands of people at Disney every day who are not wearing a mask and not vaccinated.

But you'll be vaccinated and have nothing to worry about.

(and if you have kids and are concerned, best to just stay at home)

cmwade77

The next milestone is probably when the additional unemployment benefits end in early September (assuming they aren't extended). Until then, it will likely be difficult to find the staff for a full reopening.
The state can also choose to end them earlier and judging by the number of help wanted signs everywhere, they need to.

Tamandua

The state can also choose to end them earlier and judging by the number of help wanted signs everywhere, they need to.
They've needed to for a while, but it's hard to take back an entitlement without backlash, and with the current political climate... If anything they're more likely to extend the benefits. I tried to go to El Pollo Loco yesterday and the door was locked. I asked someone I know who works there about it and they said they just can't find enough staff to be open all the time.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Mask news for Food and Bev cast from WUL50 -

"In positions that currently require a secondary form of protective equipment cast will be given an option. The first option is the Disney issues cloth mask plus a face shield/goggles. The second option is to wear a N95 mask. For those looking to wear a N95 mask they can be obtained through the area management."

Jefro

I hate to break it to you, there is going to be hundreds if not thousands of people at Disney every day who are not wearing a mask and not vaccinated.

But you'll be vaccinated and have nothing to worry about.

(and if you have kids and are concerned, best to just stay at home)
I think you're missing the point of my statement, so don't worry about having to break anything to me 😉. The issue in the pandemic for us has not been being worried about catching covid, it's been one of a concern of how people have responded to opportunities to do the right thing. It's a question of how we think about others rather than ourselves. I live on an island that has had relatively low cases and outbreaks have occurred when people have decided to let their guard down or people have been dishonest about the status of their travel or needing quarantine upon returning from travel. Those outbreaks have caused us to go backwards at times when businesses needed to be moving forward.

So my question is more about the possibility of outbreaks due to dishonesty, people putting their needs in front of others and causing problems.

Jefro

I'd say those changes are very low given everything we know about how covid spreads.
Totally but the people that I'm most concerned with their behavior are the ones that didn't care about any of this in the first place. Indoor spaces are still going to be problematic. Not too long ago my mom went to an low key event in Oregon where all the folks there were making fun of masks and covid except for my mom who was wearing a mask and is vaccinated. All the people at that event ended up getting covid and one actually passed away.

el_super

So my question is more about the possibility of outbreaks due to dishonesty, people putting their needs in front of others and causing problems.

The chance of that hapening now, or it being a risk to the general public is pretty low. Disneyland wouldn't be reopening if there was still a significant risk to do so.

That being said, everything that was true with this pandemic will still apply to the next one, and if cases from a new virus spread (or new variants of COVID) and become a risk to the public, theme parks will be the first to shut down.

DrAlice

For those of you that are fully vaccinated, this is great news! This should fix many of the frustrating things with recent park ops. I look forward to hearing the reports.

On the other hand, I'm glad I went when I did. I wouldn't want my unvaccinated kid smooshed into lines with a bunch of unmasked, unvaccinated folks. We'll wait to return until she can visit more safely.

@MansionButler84 Not gonna lie, I'm super jealous you were able to get your kids in a trial. We tried to find one for our daughter, but there just weren't any around us. So we wait. And wait....

SoCalDisneyLover

Currently, 43% of America is Fully Vaccinated

Tomorrow, we'll see the % of Disneyland guests who are Fully Vaccinated. I'm guessing it will be at least 80%.

I'll remain one of the "snowflakes" that continues to wear a mask in many public settings for a while longer, even though I've gotten my shots. Thankfully I can go back to using vented N95 masks again, since it's much easier to breathe with them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom