News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 1.31.27 PM.png

DLR>WDW

Woo, this’ great news! Disneyland as we knew it is returning at a rapid pace! Here’s what we should expect over the coming days/weeks:
  • Removal of social distancing markers (already happening)
  • Indoor queueing
  • (Hopefully) ~100% ride capacity
  • Masks optional
  • Return of many restaurants
  • Breakfast in the park
  • Almost all attractions returning to service
  • Return of entertainment
  • Expanded hours

Newtwo

So does this mean kids 12 and under will still have to wear masks? Kind of hard to “self attest” your child has been vaccinated when they are not being offered to that age group. They avoided the topic in the update unless I missed it
I would expect it to be like WDW and every other park in the country - Disney won't even bother trying to enforce it for kids.

ToTBellHop

So does this mean kids 12 and under will still have to wear masks? Kind of hard to “self attest” your child has been vaccinated when they are not being offered to that age group. They avoided the topic in the update unless I missed it
They aren’t assuming that. My kids were in a Pfizer phase 1 trial. No placebo. They are 8 and vaccinated. So I will attest for them. They dealt with the needles and deserve it.

ToTBellHop

Oh Interesting. Is the 12 and under im referring to a California thing?
No vaccine is approved for those under 12 but that doesn’t mean no one under 12 is vaccinated. But Disney won’t be checking vaccine cards, so, it’s the honor system. I certainly won’t make my kids wear masks because some parents may lie. I know mine are safe.

mickEblu

No vaccine is approved for those under 12 but that doesn’t mean no one under 12 is vaccinated. But Disney won’t be checking vaccine cards, so, it’s the honor system. I certainly won’t make my kids wear masks because some parents may lie. I know mine are safe.

Good to know thanks

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
They say hindsight is 20/20. I booked my trip before the 15th because I had decided that wearing a mask and social distancing was better than what I figured would have been much larger crowds after the 15th. There's really no indication that they are going to just pump crowds to 100%, especially as they still need to hire and train more staff as time goes on. Even if they bring in more people, increasing ride capacity will significantly help with wait times.

I think it's great that masks don't bother some people, but they really bother me. I felt like I was in a sauna the whole trip (humidity was up in the high 70% on the 5th and 6th) and the diminished oxygen flow had me feeling much more fatigued throughout the day.

If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have waited until after the 15th to go. Again, there was no way to know until today exactly what the lifting of the restrictions would look like.

Oh well. I probably won't go again until sometime in 2022 when my nephew is older and we can go again as a family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom