News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

TP2000

What is happening in Florida, where people are being denied care and Orlando might not be able to treat the water, could happen in your own neighborhood. “It can’t happen here” is just more denial.

I haven't kept up on Florida lately, what time I have spent with the news the past week has been centered on Kabul.

But here's what is happening in Orange County, California, home to Disneyland and 3.1 Million people. The hospitilazation rate is only one fourth this summer what it was in January, and markedly lower than last summer's "surge".

August 25th, 2021 there are 565 patients in hospitals who have tested positive for Covid, and 122 of them are in ICU.

January 10th, 2021 there were 2,221 patients in hospitals who had tested positive for Covid, and 544 of them were in ICU.

July 17th, 2020 (65th anniversary!) there were 692 patients in hospitals who had tested positive for Covid, and 232 were in ICU.

You may consider that info from the California Department of Public Health to be "misinformation", but it is the hard data as it currently stands as of August 25th, 2021.

OC hospitalizations (1).png

TP2000

It should also be noted that the plateau in hospitilizations that occurred in early August, and has been declining since then also mirrors the number of positive cases coming in throughout Orange County. There is a general downward slide happening in late August, after numbers plateaued in early August.

OC cases (2).png

And this summer's surge gets put immediately into perspective when you look at what the numbers of positive testing was eight months ago in January, or a year ago in the summer of 2020. Interesting stuff! The vaccines work! 🥳

OC cases (3).png

Wendy Pleakley

No one said that? I'm literally advocating for you to go out and help blacks and Latinos get vaccinated instead of yelling into a computer screen as if you're doing something helpful. Posting on a Disneyland forum about how "muh evil red states" and "anti vax drumpf voters are killing grandma children" doesn't do any good. If you actually care, go help vaccinate the unvaccinated communities in your region, which are primarily black and Latino neighborhoods. If you're not actively contributing but still feel the need to criticize others, I can only make the conclusion you're a fraud and a liar who lives only to hate and does not actually care about others.

If someone isn't on the front lines trying to get people vaccinated, they're a hate filled fraudster doing nothing?

No, that's not how this works.

Not everyone can do those things.

For most people, the best thing they can do is follow the rules and do their small part to help curb transmission. That means wearing a mask where & when required, following that and any other rules without throwing a temper tantrum, and getting vaccinated.

SoCalDisneyLover

I admire those of you with the stamina to argue against the latest BS Du Jour. You likely believe that you will convince those who are 100% unreachable. You would be more productive arguing points with my dog. At least he, after the 1,000th time, might comprehend what you're explaining.

SoCalMort

No one said that? I'm literally advocating for you to go out and help blacks and Latinos get vaccinated instead of yelling into a computer screen as if you're doing something helpful. Posting on a Disneyland forum about how "muh evil red states" and "anti vax drumpf voters are killing grandma children" doesn't do any good. If you actually care, go help vaccinate the unvaccinated communities in your region, which are primarily black and Latino neighborhoods. If you're not actively contributing but still feel the need to criticize others, I can only make the conclusion you're a fraud and a liar who lives only to hate and does not actually care about others.

How #!$*% dare you assume what I do outside of the forum. I don't just post encouragements online for vaccinations. I've spent hours getting people enrolled for the vaccine who didn't have the time to do so when they it became available.

And mind my own business and keep it in my own area?!?! That's rather rich considering...

....Truth be told, I've never met anybody from Orange County....

So why am I so concerned about people outside of where I might live?

First, because the virus travels and mutates along way.

More importantly, I'm fighting for people like this:

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 12.41.45 AM.png

For someone who has made sooo many posts in such little time (joined 6/5/21) you do make a lot noise and a lot of assumptions for a "newbie."

Is there shame in not understanding something you've not formally studied? Should a man be required under threat to submit to what he does not know and love?

Oh please.......

How's life under the bridge?

SoCalMort

...Covid and it's response, or complete lack thereof, has turned into a local story.

Local enough for you?

As a more contagious Delta variant takes root in Orange County and residents 12 and older get vaccinated, pediatricians are reporting a noticeable increase in coronavirus infections and COVID-19 hospitalizations among young children, just weeks before the start of school.

“Right now, we’re seeing a huge uptick in the number of cases in children,” said Dr. Chulie Ulloa, a pediatric infectious disease physician scientist and assistant professor of Pediatrics at UC Irvine’s School of Medicine. “And unlike before, the children tend to be more symptomatic.”

.....Dr. Kate Williamson, a CHOC pediatrician and immediate past president of the AAP’s Orange County chapter said after a springtime lull, infections began picking up in early July and have been on the rise ever since.

“We’re seeing the cases go up at CHOC, both on the inpatient floor as well as the ICU,” Williamson said. “And we have kids who are really, really sick." ....

... Orange County District 2 Supervisor Katrina Foley on Friday launched a news conference she said would be the first of several daily briefings on virus trends. There, OCHA Deputy Health Director Regina Chinsio-Kwong acknowledged an elevated risk among minors who are not eligible for the vaccine.

“They’re at the highest risk, especially with this Delta variant that’s highly transmissible,” she said. “The rate of hospitalization is still low, but it is happening.”

In July, all admitted COVID-19 patients at Children’s Hospital of Orange County were unvaccinated, Chinsio-Kwong added, urging all parents, even those who’ve received a vaccine, to take every precaution around unprotected minors....

... Medical experts warn adherence to coronavirus protocol — especially mask-wearing — will be crucial to keeping kids safe as they return to campuses....

I have family in Clackamas County. Three of whom were down here visiting last week. They don't follow Kate's rules at all there.

But I know in hipster Portland the kids love to virtue signal whenever they get the chance. I'm sure they're triple-masked now. 🤣

Hilarious. Apple never falls far from the tree, don't it?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom