News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

Stevek

If this is true, my choice will be between the Believe & Enchant levels, depending upon what the blockout dates are.
Living close by and having pretty good job flexibility, IF we were to do one it would likely be Imagine but yeah, really hard to tell at this point given we don't know blockout dates yet. I could justify this given our plan was to go twice a year. Imagine would make sense financially.

SoCalDisneyLover

Not a difference but still a killer at $25 a pop.
Which is why I never park in their lots. I found enough ways around it, that I visited with my Flex pass around 30 times, never having paid to park. My favorite was taking OCTA bus for $4 round trip, which went from Laguna Hills right to the entrance in under an hour.

mikenatcity1

I don't see any of the $2,000+ passes people were freaking out about. And I see a cheap under $500 pass still being offered.
that was my thought! That $400 will be super popular for people...these prices won't stop a large percentage of people from going like Disney was rumored to have wanted.

SoCalDisneyLover

People paid for the benefit of visiting whenever they wanted (besides flex pass). Removing that benefit due to reservations being required wouldnt make sense based on the tiers they had.

Heck the Flexpass had less blackouts than the Deluxe Pass, despite being cheaper.
Which is why I bought it without hesitation. If I had a Deluxe pass already, I would have been ed.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Here's what has come Mike's way -

"Dream Key – $1399
The Dream Key is the highest tier and the only tier that includes parking. In addition, the Dream Key will include 6 reservations at a time, booked 90 days in advance. There will be 20% off of merchandise in this tier and 15% off select food and beverages. There will be no block out dates for the Dream Key, but reservations may be unavailable based on crowds and reservations are required for entry.

Believe Key – $949
The Believe Key is the second-highest tier and includes 50% off of theme park parking. The Believe Key will include 10% off of merchandise and 10% off of select food and beverages. The Believe Key will include 6 reservations at a time. There will be blockout dates on some days of the year.

Enchant Key – $699
The Enchant Key is the second-lowest tier and includes up to four theme park reservations at a time. The Enchant Key will include 10% off of food, beverages, and merchandise. There will be more blockouts than the Believe Key.

Imagine Key – $399
The Imagine Key is the lowest tier pass and will allow Magic Key holders to hold up to 2 theme park reservations at a time. Just like the Enchnant and Imagine Keys, the Imagine Key will include 10% discounts.

All tiers will be required to make theme park reservations, which can be made up to 90 days in advance."

Oh. So it’s….the Disneyland AP program.

SoCalDisneyLover

that was my thought! That $400 will be super popular for people...these prices won't stop a large percentage of people from going like Disney was rumored to have wanted.
Disney can do that through the # of reservations available as well as blockouts. I wonder whether they will have a different block for each level, or if it's a free for all.

Stevek

Disney didn't want people to stop going. Disney wants to control when and how often they go.

CaptinEO

The reason they will never limit the vloggers, is because the vloggers provide Free Advertising and Hype. It would be insane for them to restrict the vloggers from providing that service.
Do internet videos make someone visit more or does it allow them to get their fix online so they visit less?

Stevek

Disney can do that through the # of reservations available as well as blockouts. I wonder whether they will have a different block for each level, or if it's a free for all.
The post alluded to increased number of blockout dates based on each pass. I think it's safe to assume that the less you pay, the more blockout dates.

hopemax

Kinda weird they didn’t put the exact years on the books.
They were more an internal reference code than something that was supposed to be readable for guests. For guests, they didn't expire so they didn't really need to be dated. There are similar numbers on other types of ephemera. If they put a date on it, then if the month or year changed, they'd have to update them instead of just running a new print job. Undated, and they could just reuse the same thing if the prices and list of attractions didn't change. So even if we assume that was a September update indicator, it could have been from several months after. But it gets us close enough for inflation calculations.

el_super

Only if you think they will ever run out of daily passes. I guess we’ll see how they do that.

Just going off what we've seen with the AP program in Florida, and the Main Entrance Pass, they absolutely will run out of reservations and it will be hard to obtain the days people want to go. Which could be a problem again for those people expecting to go every week. If you buy an expensive pass just to go on Saturday nights, and then find out you can only snag reservations for those highly coveted nights by being up at 3AM exactly 90 days out, well, there will be complaints.

Snoballego

The reason they will never limit the vloggers, is because the vloggers provide Free Advertising and Hype. It would be insane for them to restrict the vloggers from providing that service.

They could do this by creating their own internal content team that posts daily and controlling the narrative.

The vloggers have mostly all turned into entitled clowns. Any upside that they bring is always peppered with more of what people can perceive as a negative and most importantly they need to stop filming other guests that didn’t consent to be a part of their commercial operations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom