News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

Stevek

So who decided to get a Magic Key?

My wife and I decided late last night to go ahead and get the Imagine Key. We both have flexibility to take a day off and 2-3 visits and it's basically paid for. Have our first reservation for 9/15. Low risk investment, we'll see how things go on this first visit.

Both of my daughters decided to get them as well...but thankfully I'm not paying for theirs.

Tamandua

So who decided to get a Magic Key?

My wife and I decided late last night to go ahead and get the Imagine Key. We both have flexibility to take a day off and 2-3 visits and it's basically paid for. Have our first reservation for 9/15. Low risk investment, we'll see how things go on this first visit.

Both of my daughters decided to get them as well...but thankfully I'm not paying for theirs.
It's starting to feel inevitable that covid restrictions/shutdowns are going to muck this up. It's too uncertain a time to be dropping that kind of money for our family when there's no way of knowing what we're ultimately getting. In normal times we'd absolutely buy them. Right now it feels too risky.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was an AP for 7 years before the up until last year and can’t recall one “passhole” moment. I think the issue is way overblown. I think people are looking for a reason to be mad with APs because they re annoyed with them being there clogging up the park. Or things like camping out for Fireworks hours in advance. While that can be annoying especially if you re on a once in a lifetime trip that doesn’t make those people entitled.

How often did you do the merch releases or other AP-specific events?

Stevek

I was an AP for 7 years before the up until last year and can’t recall one “passhole” moment. I think the issue is way overblown. I think people are looking for a reason to be mad with APs because they re annoyed with them being there clogging up the park. Or things like camping out for Fireworks hours in advance. While that can be annoying especially if you re on a once in a lifetime trip that doesn’t make those people entitled.
During the 12 years we had an AP, I saw some questionable behavior for sure. My comment was more based on what I've heard frequently over the years from CMs. Could very well be over-blown. Will be interesting to see how this new version plays out now that I've joined the ranks again.

Tamandua

Screenshot_20210826-141552_Disneyland.jpg

2:15 pm

I wonder if it will go back to being packed in the evenings.

mickEblu

View attachment 582788
2:15 pm

I wonder if it will go back to being packed in the evenings.

Well it’s only one day into the new AP program. Oh I forgot, they re not APs! Well we’re only 1 day into the New discount program ( that doesn’t resemble the old AP program at all 😉) so I don’t think we can really make any judgment on crowd levels for at least few weeks. Also school just started everywhere and it’s hot as hell.

Tamandua

Well it’s only one day into the new AP program. Oh I forgot, they re not APs! Well we’re only 1 day into the New discount program, that doesn’t resemble the old AP program at all 😉) so I don’t think we can really make any judgment on crowd levels for at least few weeks. Also school just started everywhere and it’s hot as hell.
Yeah... But if you believe the prevailing narrative, Disney parks have been dead because everyone has been waiting for APs (and not because of cutbacks or covid restrictions). So I figured we'd see the flood gates open immediately. This weekend will be telling for sure.

mickEblu

Yeah... But if you believe the prevailing narrative, Disney parks have been dead because everyone has been waiting for APs (and not because of cutbacks or covid restrictions). So I figured we'd see the flood gates open immediately. This weekend will be telling for sure.

Not saying those things haven’t been contributing to the lack of crowds. Just think it’s too soon to make any real judgment call for the reasons I mentioned. You also have to give enough time for people to buy the passes too.

Disney Analyst

I mean, it is a Thursday... I would assume most would have booked reservations for the weekend, and some diehards who had today off would have gone today.

Perhaps you'll see the night crowd show up today still.

Vegas Disney Fan

I mean, it is a Thursday... I would assume most would have booked reservations for the weekend, and some diehards who had today off would have gone today.

Perhaps you'll see the night crowd show up today still.
The weekend is completely available right now for reservations, hoping it stays slow because we’ll be there Saturday and Sunday 🤞🏻

Emmanuel

The weekend is completely available right now for reservations, hoping it stays slow because we’ll be there Saturday and Sunday 🤞🏻

With schools back up and concerns of the Delta Variant, plus the Locals hatred of the heat around this time, Its a perfect combination for a slow day.

Locals tend to stay away when its too hot or if theres a good rain storm. Anaheim is forecasted to be in the 90s this weekend

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom