News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

SplashGhost

I don't think you have anything to worry about on the modification side. That's super easy. Short-term availability will be the broader concern.

I guess that is what I meant was short term availability in terms of it being easy. If this becomes as much of a hassle as getting dining reservations, then it won't be worth it.

el_super

I guess that is what I meant was short term availability in terms of it being easy. If this becomes as much of a hassle as getting dining reservations, then it won't be worth it.

Assuming this plan holds true, I think the idea is the hassle of getting a reservation and planning it weeks in advance will be deterrent enough to keep people from the random "drop in" visits that tax their infrastructure. It discourages visits without necessarily being a price increase (which reduces the burn a lot of fans will have when this gets announced). Suddenly it won't be an issue with the whole system, as much as it will be death by a thousand cuts: never being able to get the days/times you want.

There is a bit of brilliance behind this plan. If it's true.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Introducing the new Disneyland Resort Magic Key Program—on sale beginning August 25, 2021!

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 3.57.44 PM.png

Stevek

I feel like I'm missing something key here. (see what I did there?)

Why would I buy this instead of just getting a multi-day ticket and use the discounts from my Disney Visa?
because a multi-day ticket only gets you x days, right? The AP will allow you far more access, or so it seems.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I for one can’t wait until they sell up all these “reasonably priced” (by Disney standards) keys only to bring about paid fastpass in 3 months.

As Chapek likes to do, don’t be surprised if the terms of the contract are modified (just ask ScarJo). This one key alone may only be the beginning of unlocking more opportunities to spend more money inside the park. A lock box inside a lock box if you will.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Assuming this plan holds true, I think the idea is the hassle of getting a reservation and planning it weeks in advance will be deterrent enough to keep people from the random "drop in" visits that tax their infrastructure. It discourages visits without necessarily being a price increase (which reduces the burn a lot of fans will have when this gets announced). Suddenly it won't be an issue with the whole system, as much as it will be death by a thousand cuts: never being able to get the days/times you want.

There is a bit of brilliance behind this plan. If it's true.
"So I think it’s really going to be almost a paradigm shift. We’ve had essentially so many legacy systems that we’ve relied on that have somewhat constrained us from a technology standpoint in terms of fully going into yield management in a sophisticated way as we’d like, and this pause has given us the ability to do that. So we’re looking forward to re-emerging fully once we get full demand in employing a lot of these utilities."

waltography

They could do this by creating their own internal content team that posts daily and controlling the narrative.

The vloggers have mostly all turned into entitled clowns. Any upside that they bring is always peppered with more of what people can perceive as a negative and most importantly they need to stop filming other guests that didn’t consent to be a part of their commercial operations.
The reason vloggers and influencers rose in popularity is because people didn't trust company spokespeople/representatives; they wanted an "honest" take from someone just like them. Never mind the fact that vloggers today are sponsored by companies/receive perks that influence their opinions, it's merely the perception of a third-party unbiased opinion that make vloggers attractive to the company.

Disney Parks already has an internal content team that's making great content on platforms like TikTok - nevertheless, they don't have the same consistent reach as the everyday parkgoer on that app.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom