News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

waltography

Was at the parks this weekend for Dapper Day and mini heat wave notwithstanding it was a pretty average day. Crowds were crazy as expected on Saturdays; I really need to find a way to go on Sundays more regularly.

I've got my first real test of the key coming up because I'm trying to swing reservations towards the end of December with the news that my relatives are planning a Disney trip. I expect a wave of reservations to open up as the date gets closer as it's done for other dates, but I really won't know until I've got the reservation in the bag, which isn't a great feeling.

mickEblu

Was at the parks this weekend for Dapper Day and mini heat wave notwithstanding it was a pretty average day. Crowds were crazy as expected on Saturdays; I really need to find a way to go on Sundays more regularly.

I've got my first real test of the key coming up because I'm trying to swing reservations towards the end of December with the news that my relatives are planning a Disney trip. I expect a wave of reservations to open up as the date gets closer as it's done for other dates, but I really won't know until I've got the reservation in the bag, which isn't a great feeling.

You ll get the day. Just make sure you have a reservation available. By the time you cancel a reservation, someone else will have snagged the date that just popped up.

When was the last time you went on a Sunday? I have reservations for this coming Saturday and Sunday and haven’t decided which day we re going since my sister/ bro in law have reservations Saturday. Are Sundays still considerably better than Saturday’s? I haven’t been since 10/24.

waltography

You ll get the day. Just make sure you have a reservation available. By the time you cancel a reservation, someone else will have snagged the date that just popped up.

When was the last time you went on a Sunday? I have reservations for this coming Saturday and Sunday and haven’t decided which day we re going since my sister/ bro in law have reservations Saturday. Are Sundays still considerably better than Saturday’s? I haven’t been since 10/24.
I figured! I've got alerts set up with a Twitter bot so if all else fails at least that account can remind me.

The last Sunday I was at the parks was mid-August, so granted it was still before the Magic Keys debuted but it was after June 15 when the capacity restrictions were still in place. It wasn't nearly as busy as any of the Saturdays I've been at the parks since then.

Ryan120420

I figured! I've got alerts set up with a Twitter bot so if all else fails at least that account can remind me.

The last Sunday I was at the parks was mid-August, so granted it was still before the Magic Keys debuted but it was after June 15 when the capacity restrictions were still in place. It wasn't nearly as busy as any of the Saturdays I've been at the parks since then.
That twitter bot account is useless. That account is looking at the public Magic Key availability calendar which is very inaccurate to the actual reservation calendar you have to use once Disney has your money.

I've seen dates on the public calendar light up with availability and despite several page refreshes, the actual calendar you use to make a reservation will still show no availability.

It's boarding criminal what Disney is doing not having the two calendars in sync with each other. I can see someone buy a Key thinking a date is available only to be surprised when they try to make a reservation and that date is slashed out.

I ing hate the Magic Key system. It's so infuriating.

mickEblu

How bad was it yesterday? I remember checking wait times on the app around 2:30pm and they didn’t look that bad.

waltography

How bad was it yesterday? I remember checking wait times on the app around 2:30pm and they didn’t look that bad.
It wasn't great, but all things considered (Christmastime just started, Dapper Day weekend, first parades at the parks in a while) it went about as expected. I didn't really prioritize the rides this trip since Small World Holiday's down indefinitely, so couldn't really speak to the wait times in Disneyland, but I know wait times were uncomfortable in DCA since Incredicoaster and RSR were both down at the same time early in the day.

Stevek

Reportedly dates just opened up….
Tons of dates just opened up. Obviously subject to change

67D346D6-DD6A-48F4-AAF5-2EE5137AA496.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Believe Key has now sold out -

"Disneyland has sold out of the two most expensive Magic Keys after just three months amid complaints from annual passholders about the widespread lack of reservations available through the rest of the year for the Anaheim theme parks.

The Believe Key is sold out, according to Disneyland officials. Disneyland sold out of the top-priced Dream Key in late October after the new Magic Key annual passes went on sale in late August amid hours-long virtual waits."

CaptinEO

Believe Key has now sold out -

"Disneyland has sold out of the two most expensive Magic Keys after just three months amid complaints from annual passholders about the widespread lack of reservations available through the rest of the year for the Anaheim theme parks.

The Believe Key is sold out, according to Disneyland officials. Disneyland sold out of the top-priced Dream Key in late October after the new Magic Key annual passes went on sale in late August amid hours-long virtual waits."

Looks like despite the downgrades both Disneyland and World are doing quite well for themselves.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Weird these dates arent showing up for me. I'm looking at the ticket calendar.
It might be based on timing or even the specific Key you have.

I just checked and it appears all reservations for December are gone again. So they are being gobbled up quickly when the notification goes out on social media that reservations are available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom