News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

Parteecia

Can't find the article but I found this hilarious one from 2018 about a Disney social club asking another social club for 500 dollars for protection money.

I can't even make this stuff up.
Dxrn you! This sent me down the rabbit hole. I couldn't find the lawsuit's current status.

MoonRakerSCM

I woke up this morning... in the middle of the forest wearing nothing but my boxers... I was very hungover and covered in blood. I didn't remember much if anything from last night.

After finding my way back home and cleaning up... I checked my email. Apparently I bought an Enchant key and made 4 reservations over the next few Fridays.

TP2000

I woke up this morning... in the middle of the forest wearing nothing but my boxers... I was very hungover and covered in blood. I didn't remember much if anything from last night.

And I thought I knew how to set a mood in a message board post. Wow!

After finding my way back home and cleaning up... I checked my email. Apparently I bought an Enchant key and made 4 reservations over the next few Fridays.

Well, that's better than finding out a few months from now you're going to be a father. Right?

truecoat

So have these kind of people returned?

View attachment 616778

What are these 3 doing in the picture?

gang.jpg

Ryan120420

For those with Enchant Key Passes, Disneyland has lifted blockout dates for the first two Saturdays in May.

March 5th was the last Saturday available until August.

Curious to see if anymore dates get lifted.

MarvelCharacterNerd

For those with Enchant Key Passes, Disneyland has lifted blockout dates for the first two Saturdays in May.

March 5th was the last Saturday available until August.

Curious to see if anymore dates get lifted.
The calendar has been showing all kinds of odd things for the lower passes. I recently booked a weekend date that was never previously available but briefly showed up and then disappeared/showed blocked out again - but I still have my confirmation/reservation and they haven't notified me it's canceled, so I'm going as I figured it was just an 'extra' that popped up.

But more than half the time, the entire calendar has been blocked out after early June. As in saying the rest of the year is completely blocked out - not just unavailable on certain days.

I don't understand it.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disneyland President Ken Potrock on reservations in a Q&A with OCR -

"Q. How have reservations changed the Disneyland experience?

A. It’s been an extraordinary change. People ask me if reservations are going to go away. I don’t think so. Reservations create a really important opportunity for us to be able to manage the demand more effectively than we ever could.

If you remember the days where we would have huge quantities of people coming into the park — wall to wall and cheek to cheek. Then you remember days where we didn’t have as many people. The objective here is to spread that demand, whether it’s a Tuesday or a Saturday.

If we do that, a couple of really good things happen. One, it’s a better experience for all. Two, we can better manage the labor scenario in a more efficient way."

Vegas Disney Fan

Disneyland President Ken Potrock on reservations in a Q&A with OCR -

"Q. How have reservations changed the Disneyland experience?

A. It’s been an extraordinary change. People ask me if reservations are going to go away. I don’t think so. Reservations create a really important opportunity for us to be able to manage the demand more effectively than we ever could.

If you remember the days where we would have huge quantities of people coming into the park — wall to wall and cheek to cheek. Then you remember days where we didn’t have as many people. The objective here is to spread that demand, whether it’s a Tuesday or a Saturday.

If we do that, a couple of really good things happen. One, it’s a better experience for all. Two, we can better manage the labor scenario in a more efficient way."

After spending another fun but frustrating weekend at DL we find ourselves questioning (yet again) if it’s worth renewing our Dream Keys, and I say that knowing we likely won’t be able to rebuy them if we let them go.

We love Disney and can overlook a lot but the parks are a disaster right now, the lines were so bad this week we finally caved and bought Genie+ and still had to wait between 35-45 minutes for several LLs, and thanks to LL all the standby queues are an hour or more, the only time we founds the parks bearable was the first few hours in the morning and the last few hours at night. We couldn’t even escape the afternoon crowds with a cocktail because Lamplight lounge was closed all weekend (likely do to staffing), the Keyholder lounge was booked solid (as always), the Grand Californian lounges had long waits, and the kiosks were all out of Cider (my GF is allergic to Hops), we finally just went back to our (friendly neighbor) hotel and spent our money on lunch and cocktails there.

As an out of state keyholder it’s getting harder and harder to justify the costs associated with a DL trip, our last two trips have ended with us talking about letting our passes go and spending that money visiting new places.

Disney may like the changes but judging by the comments from all my Disney friends it seems the vast majority of their guests don‘t.

mickEblu

After spending another fun but frustrating weekend at DL we find ourselves questioning (yet again) if it’s worth renewing our Dream Keys, and I say that knowing we likely won’t be able to rebuy them if we let them go.

We love Disney and can overlook a lot but the parks are a disaster right now, the lines were so bad this week we finally caved and bought Genie+ and still had to wait between 35-45 minutes for several LLs, and thanks to LL all the standby queues are an hour or more, the only time we founds the parks bearable was the first few hours in the morning and the last few hours at night. We couldn’t even escape the afternoon crowds with a cocktail because Lamplight lounge was closed all weekend (likely do to staffing), the Keyholder lounge was booked solid (as always), the Grand Californian lounges had long waits, and the kiosks were all out of Cider (my GF is allergic to Hops), we finally just went back to our (friendly neighbor) hotel and spent our money on lunch and cocktails there.

As an out of state keyholder it’s getting harder and harder to justify the costs associated with a DL trip, our last two trips have ended with us talking about letting our passes go and spending that money visiting new places.

Disney may like the changes but judging by the comments from all my Disney friends it seems the vast majority of their guests don‘t.

Sorry you had a bad time, this sounds terrible. I’m hoping this was because of Presidents Day Wknd and that it’s not the new norm.

Of course just in time the So Cal passes have made their seasonal debut to ensure the weekdays are as crowded as they can be.

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

It gives them a system to only bring in so many CMs on a day compared to other days. If reservations are below a treshhold, the only schedule so many CMs for crowd control etc...

Vegas Disney Fan

Sorry you had a bad time, this sounds terrible. I’m hoping this was because of Presidents Day Wknd and that it’s not the new norm.

Of course just in time the So Cal passes have made their seasonal debut to ensure the weekdays are as crowded as they can be.
I‘m not sure we’ve ever had a bad time at DL but our last two trips have definitely been two of the least magical in our 10+ years of visits. Genie+ has changed the parks in ways we’ve never experienced before, we’re seasoned Disney pros and quickly adjusted to FP+, Maxpass, park reservations, etc but Genie+ is a different animal, I’m not sure it’s something that can be adjusted to, it’s fundamentally changed the parks and there’s just no way of getting around long lines and congestion now.

I‘m an optimist and still holding out hope that eventually the parks will be fully staffed, all the nighttime shows will be back, entertainment will be back, etc and it’ll spread out the crowds a little but as of right now we don’t have a March or April trip planned. We normally stay two months ahead and make reservations during our trips (as we use up our 6 reservation days) but I couldn’t bring myself to do it during last months disappointing trip and cant motivate myself to do it right now either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom