News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

el_super

I wonder if some of the hold back of dates in December is due to the impending strike vote for DL cast members this week?

Probably not. It's probably related to how many Magic Key holders they are trying to get into the parks. I saw this posted last night on twitter and thought we had reached a very weird precedent:

1638474998931.png

The Magic Key Terrace was the third most popular attraction at the resort yesterday.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Or... she was more qualified for the job.
Not doubting her qualifications at all, I’m all for women in leadership roles. But the BOD could have just as easily selected another male in the role and just talked about inclusion, but they didn’t. So the point is still the same, this is a very public visual indication of their seriousness on inclusion.

AJFireman

This morning just released reservations for Magic Keys for the current 90 days availability with only 5 days currently full in December. January has only 6 days of reservations full. Both months have weekend availability.

mickEblu

This morning just released reservations for Magic Keys for the current 90 days availability with only 5 days currently full in December. January has only 6 days of reservations full. Both months have weekend availability.

That’s why I always advise people front load their reservations. They re always adding new dates and you always have time to add a date that’s further out.

waltography

I’m wondering is that a good thing for us short term? I’d imagine chairman of the Board is a little further away from the “creative” decisions.
Isn't it good corporate governance regardless to have Chairman and CEO as separate people anyway? It seems like it's uncommon but not rare for the same person to hold both positions.

waltography

Unrelated, but I am a little frustrated now that reservations are popping up for Keyholders but not for day ticket purchasers. Still hoping to grab day tickets for my folks for this month but that's looking mighty unlikely.

Vegas Disney Fan

Unrelated, but I am a little frustrated now that reservations are popping up for Keyholders but not for day ticket purchasers. Still hoping to grab day tickets for my folks for this month but that's looking mighty unlikely.
The reservation system makes no sense at all, no rhyme or reason to it so far.

We cancelled my GFs January 21 reservation so she could go to the Candlelight Processional (when they reopened those dates), now I have hotels and reservations for myself for that weekend and she only has Sat and Sun reservations. We are assuming it’ll reopen at some point but it’s a horrible way to plan a trip that’s nearly two months out.

February weekends are already selling out and we can’t make reservations until we use our Dec reservations this weekend.

I loathe the new system.

mickEblu

The reservation system makes no sense at all, no rhyme or reason to it so far.

We cancelled my GFs January 21 reservation so she could go to the Candlelight Processional (when they reopened those dates), now I have hotels and reservations for myself for that weekend and she only has Sat and Sun reservations. We are assuming it’ll reopen at some point but it’s a horrible way to plan a trip that’s nearly two months out.

February weekends are already selling out and we can’t make reservations until we use our Dec reservations this weekend.

I loathe the new system.

The new system is inconvenient to say the least. Managing your reservations takes a lot of space in your head even for “vets” like me. I’m not sure it effects my perceived value of the keys but it will make me pause before renewing.

Planning a Disneyland trip has basically become planning a Disney World trip except you don’t get Free Fastpass +. I set an alarm last night at 2:55am to snag a Blue Bayou reservation 60 days out.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

The new system is inconvenient to say the least. Managing your reservations takes a lot of space in your head even for “vets” like me. I’m not sure it effects my perceived value of the keys but it will make me pause before renewing.

Planning a Disneyland trip has basically become planning a Disney World trip except you don’t get Free Fastpass +. I set an alarm last night at 2:55am to snag a Blue Bayou reservation 60 days out.

For someone who isn't a keyholder, the new system makes it feel like the park is still closed.

Last edited:

waltography

Magic Key Celebration Month is happening next month, and to celebrate their dedicated APs, we're getting...
  • Up to 4 prints redeemed in the parks and DTD, one of which was already redeemable since last year (estimated cost: $0.10 for 4 prints)
1642741015957.png
1642741037516.png
1642741108164.png

• A pair of promo-quality sunglasses (EC: $0.50)
1642741253445.png

• A pair Magic Shots, both of which were similar to already redeemable styles from previous promotions (EC: free)
1642741334960.png
1642741359531.png

• Miscellaneous digital content we can already find on the app and isn't even behind a wall for Magic Keyholders (EC: free)
  • PLUS the opportunity to buy exclusive drinks and merch! (😐)
I don't know about you, but I feel so celebrated. 🙃

Phroobar

Magic Key Celebration Month is happening next month, and to celebrate their dedicated APs, we're getting...
I don't know about you, but I feel so celebrated. 🙃
Did they ever do anything for the AP crowd that didn't cost a few dollars? Do they still do the monthly newsletter?

Ryan120420

Did they ever do anything for the AP crowd that didn't cost a few dollars? Do they still do the monthly newsletter?

The best thing they ever did was the Disneyland Memories photo book they mailed out for the 60th.

No they do not do the newsletter, you just get occasional emails trying to up-sell you on merchandise, food, and hotel room stays.

CaptinEO

Did they ever do anything for the AP crowd that didn't cost a few dollars?

Yes. I was busy with my job at the time but they had plenty of AP events. They had a whole Indiana Jones 20th Anniversary event with the park open late only for APs including a panel with Tony Baxter.

When rides would open the APs would get a preview day to go on it a few days before its general opening as well.

This was in 2015, not even that long ago.

Then APs turned into "show up to this empty corner all the way in the back of California Adventure for a sticker, but we're going to scan your pass to make sure you don't come back for more". Or "wait in hour inside a cramped starcade to get a photo with Robinhood."

Phroobar

Yes. I was busy with my job at the time but they had plenty of AP events. They had a whole Indiana Jones 20th Anniversary event with the park open late only for APs including a panel with Tony Baxter.

When rides would open the APs would get a preview day to go on it a few days before its general opening as well.

This was in 2015, not even that long ago.

Then APs turned into "show up to this empty corner all the way in the back of California Adventure for a sticker, but we're going to scan your pass to make sure you don't come back for more". Or "wait in hour inside a cramped starcade to get a photo with Robinhood."
Ride previews don't cost anything outside of staffing and the need to test the ride before opening to the public. The panels though can cost money and staying open late just for APs cost money if they aren't upcharing for these events. Knowing Disney, they are.

CaptinEO

Ride previews don't cost anything outside of staffing and the need to test the ride before opening to the public. The panels though can cost money and staying open late just for APs cost money if they aren't upcharing for these events. Knowing Disney, they are.
The staffing and keeping parts of the park open is very costly. Much more than giving away a sticker in DCA.

The events were free. The disney upcharge events are a very recent thing.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom