News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

waltography

Not quite sure what’s happened the last couple Sundays but I hope it stays that way. Things were looking scary in early October. Not sure if I just got lucky but it’s hard to believe that some 60-65 degree weather (at night) scared some people away.
Good idea, I'll try out Sundays instead of Saturdays when I get the chance. Saturdays have been totally gridlocked since September so I can believe Sundays might be lighter. (Also, 65 degrees at Disneyland is the perfect weather for me! Crazy. 😂)

truecoat

The problem is the reservations are so scarce people are making them months in advance out of fear they won’t be able to get one if they wait. This is creating artificial demand.

We just booked a trip for the end of January because it’s the only available 3 day weekend with availability, we don’t even know if that weekend is good for us but we’ll make it work because it’s our only option.

There’s probably tens of thousands of key holders doing the same thing.

The reservations are like toilet paper last year. All the reservations were taken because they didn't know if they'd get more. You'll start seeing some cancellations when people have other things going on and been there, done that sinks in. I'd give 6-8 months to declare it a long term problem as demand is high right now.

Th3 DUd3

From day one I had said that Disneyland would set a limit on how many Magic Keys would be available. You can’t control crowds with an unlimited supply of Magic Keys. I know of a lot of people who were waiting on getting a Dream Key. Oh well…glad I went with my gut feeling and I am not on the outside looking in. Will be happy on Thanksgiving, Christmas and NYE.

Newtwo

From day one I had said that Disneyland would set a limit on how many Magic Keys would be available. You can’t control crowds with an unlimited supply of Magic Keys. I know of a lot of people who were waiting on getting a Dream Key. Oh well…glad I went with my gut feeling and I am not on the outside looking in. Will be happy on Thanksgiving, Christmas and NYE.
I mean Disney themselves said that they would sell out from day one...but ok

waltography

Is there something in the fact that they've gone with the terminology "sold out" as opposed to "paused sales" or am I reading too far into it?

Vegas Disney Fan

Is there something in the fact that they've gone with the terminology "sold out" as opposed to "paused sales" or am I reading too far into it?

I know several key holders who’ve said they won’t renew, us included, but if it’s truly sold out and they don’t sell anymore over the next 7 months it’s a really good way to entice people who are unhappy with the program to renew.

I have club 33 friends at DL who debate whether to renew every year but they keep doing it because they know if they don’t they may never get another chance. (It’s funny how wealthy people have the same “is it worth it” conversations as middle class people when prices go up, they just debate for more expensive things. )

If Dream keys fall into the same category I think the vast majority would renew even though they aren’t fully satisfied with it.

Th3 DUd3

I mean Disney themselves said that they would sell out from day one...but ok
They just said that it wasn’t necessary to get your pass on day one. This was to not to overload their network, which was done anyways. They also said in the fine print that it’s subject to availability and that it was limited. So I don’t know why it was a surprise to anyone they did this. For those who wanted to ride the, I’ll wait and see boat, well….don’t be surprised and don’t say, “How could they do this?!?” I honestly wish they did it sooner so they could give those who did purchase, more days to choose from.

PASS TYPE AVAILABILITY: Pass types are limited in quantity, and not all Pass types may be available at any given time. Please check for Pass type availability before attempting to upgrade into a Pass.

mickEblu

Did people get their special Magic key welxome package…the pin, etc?

My sister and brother in law bought their passes a month after me and received their welcome boxes last last week. My wife, son and I have not received ours yet. They live down the street from me in the same zip code. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason. Well unless they re going in alphabetical order.

Stevek

My sister and brother in law bought their passes a month after me and received their welcome boxes last last week. My wife, son and I have not received ours yet. They live down the street from me in the same zip code. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason. Well unless they re going in alphabetical order.
I had a friend get his. Last name starts with M. Mine starts with K. Who knows?

milordsloth

I've been trying to get a reservation with my key for the weekend of 11/19 for weeks now and a bunch of availability just opened up! Both parks available on the 15th through Thanksgiving right now.

Parteecia

So is it worth it? Stories about hassles making reservations and entry and parking and queues and no tram and getting food made me put off buying a Dream key until it was too late. I read the posts from keyholders and I keep sensing an edge of frustration or annoyance during visits, more so than pre-pandemic.

When Maxpass debuted I felt a little stress as I was the designated reserver and tried to keep my group busy and happy. Mobile food order then was a good way to save time. Now I get stressed just reading about your days in the parks.

mickEblu

So is it worth it? Stories about hassles making reservations and entry and parking and queues and no tram and getting food made me put off buying a Dream key until it was too late. I read the posts from keyholders and I keep sensing an edge of frustration or annoyance during visits, more so than pre-pandemic.

When Maxpass debuted I felt a little stress as I was the designated reserver and tried to keep my group busy and happy. Mobile food order then was a good way to save time. Now I get stressed just reading about your days in the parks.

That’s always the crazy thing isn’t it? Disneyland is so great and unique that it continues to be worth it for many people. Especially at the annual pass holder level when it comes to value. And we can thank Walt and everybody that worked on DL in its first 4 decades for that.

Parteecia

That’s always the crazy thing isn’t it? Disneyland is so great and unique that it continues to be worth it for many people. Especially at the annual pass holder level when it comes to value. And we can thank Walt and everybody that worked on DL in its first 4 decades for that.
So are you glad you bought yours? Any regrets?

mickEblu

So are you glad you bought yours? Any regrets?

Good question. I was regretting it on 10/2 when I went on a Saturday and it was insane. Not anymore after I went on a couple Sundays in mid/ late October where we had a really good time and it wasn’t “too crowded” at all. It’s all about the crowds for me. I’ve literally started cancelling all my Saturday reservations and replacing them with Sundays. Obviously not enough data yet but it seems like Sundays are the way to go for now when it comes to weekends.

J4546

I went to DL/CA yesterday and it wasnt too crowded at all. My gf has DAS though so lines are a non issue for us regardless, but crowd wise it was pretty chill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom