News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

waltography

The weekend is completely available right now for reservations, hoping it stays slow because we’ll be there Saturday and Sunday 🤞🏻
Disneyland-start reservations have booked out for the weekend, unfortunately. DCA-start reservations are still available though.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 11.03.36 PM.png

I think we'll see our first glimpse at the pass divide if reservations book up on Labor Day weekend, since only Dream and Believe Keys can reserve that; we'll get another glimpse in October since those Saturdays are only bookable by Dream Keys.

Ryan120420

So who decided to get a Magic Key?

My wife and I decided late last night to go ahead and get the Imagine Key. We both have flexibility to take a day off and 2-3 visits and it's basically paid for. Have our first reservation for 9/15. Low risk investment, we'll see how things go on this first visit.

Both of my daughters decided to get them as well...but thankfully I'm not paying for theirs.

I got the Enchant Key.

I really don't feel comfortable spending more on a pass with the possibility of being blocked from using it due to lack of reservations. Going to see how this year plays out then decide if I want to upgrade when it comes to renew.

Plus with the elimination of FastPass, it's going to change when I visit the parks, so a top tier pass is not really needed.

Sailor310

I bought the cheapest pass Wed. Went today(Thurs). It was super light. We had a really nice day. If it helps anyone, I was confused making my reservation. All passes are park hoppers, but with covid, you have to pick which park you're going to first. You can hop after one pm. I kept trying to make a reservation for DCA after I had made my DL reservation.

Stevek

I bought the cheapest pass Wed. Went today(Thurs). It was super light. We had a really nice day. If it helps anyone, I was confused making my reservation. All passes are park hoppers, but with covid, you have to pick which park you're going to first. You can hop after one pm. I kept trying to make a reservation for DCA after I had made my DL reservation.
Yeah, that part of the reservation system is a bit different because it says "only" or something like that under each park.

Stevek

I got the Enchant Key.

I really don't feel comfortable spending more on a pass with the possibility of being blocked from using it due to lack of reservations. Going to see how this year plays out then decide if I want to upgrade when it comes to renew.

Plus with the elimination of FastPass, it's going to change when I visit the parks, so a top tier pass is not really needed.
I think it really depends on when you want to make reservations. Spur of the moment might be more challenging (I think that's somewhat intended by Disney) but we had no problem making our first couple of reservations for September and October. Bottom line is that my gut tells me that the farther out you plan, the better off you are.

Emmanuel

Yeah, I was confused and just above the selection is explains it. I had to explain to my daughters as well this morning.

Like one part says you can make a reservation for 1 or both parks but then when you get to the page to pick your dates it says that you can park hop without mentioning the "reserve for both parks" thing. Disney needs to fix this to avoid confusion

Sailor310

I'm shocked. They probably haven't sold half of the passes and days are already booked? I'm shocked.
I'm glad I panicked, waited 7 hours to buy a pass Wed and then went Thursday. It was the least crowded day I've seen in years. Touring Plans said it was a 1/10 crowd level.

waltography

We got our first date that reservations have been completely booked for both parks across all pass levels.

Tomorrow is completely full.
I'm shocked. They probably haven't sold half of the passes and days are already booked? I'm shocked.
I'm glad I panicked, waited 7 hours to buy a pass Wed and then went Thursday. It was the least crowded day I've seen in years. Touring Plans said it was a 1/10 crowd level.
Not all is lost; I think they're being very conservative with the buckets right now. Tomorrow popped back up in availability, this time for Disneyland.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 11.26.34 PM.png

I'm guessing that's likely what will be the case over the next few weeks, with day ticket holders not filling the gaps and so Magic Key slots will open up to take their place. Or Magic Key holders are cancelling at the very last minute, too.

EDIT: And just as I posted that the Disneyland slots were snatched up it seems. Ah well.

Sailor310

Can I see availability before I buy a pass?
Yes. Just pull up the MK calendar. By the way, the calendar shows Sat and Sun "no reservations available". That seems like a REALLY ominous sign this early in the program.

Touring Plans shows 5/10 crowd level for Sat ($154), 4/10 crowds for Sun ($139). I don't get why they closed off reservations.

Last edited:

SoCalDisneyLover

Yes. Just pull up the MK calendar. By the way, the calendar shows Sat and Sun "no reservations available". That seems like a REALLY ominous sign this early in the program.

Touring Plans shows 5/10 crowd level for Sat ($154), 4/10 crowds for Sun ($139). I don't get why they closed off reservations.
They're probably still running at far less than capacity. Perhaps 50%?

Sailor310

We got our first date that reservations have been completely booked for both parks across all pass levels.

Tomorrow is completely full.
..and Sept 4th and 5th are only DCA available. I would have thought it would have taken months to sell enough passes to start closing park reservations even with any covid restrictions.

SoCalDisneyLover

We also got the confirmation that ALL the keys are tied in to the same reservations pool.

Meaning, the Dream Key has no more availability that the Believe key. If Believe reservations are unavailable, so are reservations for the more expensive Dream key.

mandelbrot

Even though Keyholder reservations may have been fully booked for Saturday the parks were not very crowded. I think it's going to take them a while to figure this system out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom