News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

Phroobar

If Disney sold Club 33 memberships to everyone without a waiting list, the Disney geeks would over purchase that too. Chappy would reduce the food quality and service to levels of Pizza Planet.

Wendy Pleakley

$1,600 for one theme park resort pass WITH blockout dates. COMEDY.

As an out of towner, I'm pretty sure I spend close to that amount for a 5-day visit every few years. It's a great deal for a year of access to the greatest theme park on the planet.

People have just gotten spoiled after being able to go whenever they wanted for peanuts.

They're not laughable. they're still a great benefit for Disney fans who live in the area:

All this proves is that the passes are underpriced.

SoCalDisneyLover

People complain about how we might be in a recession, and that inflation is ridiculous.

But they have no problem stressing for hours on their computer so they can spend Thousands of $$$$$ so their family can visit Disneyland multiple times a year, or Hundreds to see a 2 1/2 hour Taylor Swift concert.

Parteecia

People complain about how we might be in a recession, and that inflation is ridiculous.

But they have no problem stressing for hours on their computer so they can spend Thousands of $$$$$ so their family can visit Disneyland multiple times a year, or Hundreds to see a 2 1/2 hour Taylor Swift concert.
There will always be Haves, Have-nots, and people who spend unwisely.

Californian Elitist

As an out of towner, I'm pretty sure I spend close to that amount for a 5-day visit every few years. It's a great deal for a year of access to the greatest theme park on the planet.

People have just gotten spoiled after being able to go whenever they wanted for peanuts.

They're not laughable. they're still a great benefit for Disney fans who live in the area:
It’s a great deal for you, and that’s fine. I’m a local and I find it very comical and ridiculous, and not a great deal. Good for you if you want to spend your money on it.

Wendy Pleakley

It’s a great deal for you, and that’s fine. I’m a local and I find it very comical and ridiculous, and not a great deal. Good for you if you want to spend your money on it.

As an out of towner, when factoring in full price admission + hotel + flight going to Disneyland will typically cost me at least $300 per day all in.

How much does the annual Key holder pay per visit?

Some people don't want to go to Disneyland a dozen times a year or more, and these passes aren't for them. For someone who does, they're a steal.

Hence I can't imagine seeing them as being comical or absurd given the value they provide.

Californian Elitist

As an out of towner, when factoring in full price admission + hotel + flight going to Disneyland will typically cost me at least $300 per day all in.

How much does the annual Key holder pay per visit?

Some people don't want to go to Disneyland a dozen times a year or more, and these passes aren't for them. For someone who does, they're a steal.

Hence I can't imagine seeing them as being comical or absurd given the value they provide.
Again, that’s totally fine. People can do as they please, pay for what they want, tour the parks as they want, etc. That’s not going to change my personal stance on these passes. I find no value in them. You do. Wonderful.

Jrb1979

What amazes me is California has so many amazing parks, many of them have cheaper passes and require no reservations, yet Disney continues to win out. Even with all the negative issues with reservations and Genie+.

CaptinEO

What amazes me is California has so many amazing parks, many of them have cheaper passes and require no reservations, yet Disney continues to win out. Even with all the negative issues with reservations and Genie+.
I'll take a poorly ran Disneyland over most of California's other parks. Not that I don't go to or enjoy other parks, but I understand the appeal Disney has vs its competitors.

Jrb1979

I'll take a poorly ran Disneyland over most of California's other parks. Not that I don't go to or enjoy other parks, but I understand the appeal Disney has vs its competitors.
I kind of get it but not really. It probably has to do with not growing up with the parks. I would take Knotts any day over Disney right now. It's mainly due to the rides they have.

Jrb1979

I'm not so much a coaster junkie but think Disneys customer service has gone so down hill while Knotts seems to be improving in strides.
I think your first point about not so much a coaster junkie is a big part of why so many love Disney. I have noticed it a lot from being on this board. A lot of Disney guests aren't into rides like those at Knotts.

CaptinEO

I think your first point about not so much a coaster junkie is a big part of why so many love Disney. I have noticed it a lot from being on this board. A lot of Disney guests aren't into rides like those at Knotts.
Yeah I definitely was a big coaster fan as a teenager, I still ride roller coasters but they don't really do much for me. I like themed rides more these days.

Last edited:

VJ

honestly? kudos to disney. they made buying an annual pass a "use it or lose it" situation, a rare occasion - now the next time the passes are sold, people will drop $1500 without a second thought because... what if they run out? what if disney stops selling them?

it's brilliant from a financial perspective, but it'd truly suck being on the receiving end of that pavlovian conditioning

Phroobar

honestly? kudos to disney. they made buying an annual pass a "use it or lose it" situation, a rare occasion - now the next time the passes are sold, people will drop $1500 without a second thought because... what if they run out? what if disney stops selling them?

it's brilliant from a financial perspective, but it'd truly suck being on the receiving end of that pavlovian conditioning
And the world wonders why most Americans have no savings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom