News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

melmel374

Every poll I have seen from a fan-site has shown the same results with most people getting the Dream. I wonder how it would be with more "regular" people mixed in.

Tamandua

Very...there are so many people with pixie dust flowing through their veins that they won't be able to give up the addiction.

Rat Chat has a poll running in it's latest article. I was surprised at the high % of folks opting for the most expensive Key...though maybe I should not be given its a Disney focused site.

View attachment 580169 v
Less than 7000 votes from a group of die hards. A drop in the bucket of the million+ former APs.

Tamandua

The smart thing to do would have been to make the announcement the same day they opened up sales. There would undoubtedly have been a ton of people who jumped on board, especially with the reverse sticker shock compared to expectations. Giving people a few weeks to think it over will probably drive down sales. In the mean time, the program has been analyzed to death and people have a better sense of what they're getting and not getting.

CaptinEO

The smart thing to do would have been to make the announcement the same day they opened up sales. There would undoubtedly have been a ton of people who jumped on board, especially with the reverse sticker shock compared to expectations. Giving people a few weeks to think it over will probably drive down sales. In the mean time, the program has been analyzed to death and people have a better sense of what they're getting and not getting.
Yes, the more time people have to mull over something, the more critically they will think about it.

Stevek

Less than 7000 votes from a group of die hards. A drop in the bucket of the million+ former APs.
And? I was just sharing one poll and I actually made the comment that "I was surprised at the high % of folks opting for the most expensive Key...though maybe I should not be given its a Disney focused site"

SoCalDisneyLover

Very...there are so many people with pixie dust flowing through their veins that they won't be able to give up the addiction.

Rat Chat has a poll running in it's latest article. I was surprised at the high % of folks opting for the most expensive Key...though maybe I should not be given its a Disney focused site.

View attachment 580169 v
It should be noted that "None" is in 2nd place.

dovetail65

And? I was just sharing one poll and I actually made the comment that "I was surprised at the high % of folks opting for the most expensive Key...though maybe I should not be given its a Disney focused site"
I would think someone that wants an AP goes quite a bit or hopes to be going quite a bit the paid parking makes it worth the jump to the highest level.

I know hat with Six Flags this year I had to raise my level for the wife and I did it for the parking alone. It seems they took the included parking off the bottom tiers as well(at least the tier I was previously on that had it). So far I am not so sure it has paid off as the wife hasn't gone as much as usual, time will tell.

Last edited:

fctiger

My issue with Freshbaked is that he claims to be the "leading authority to all things Disneyland". He also claims in his live chats to be "Disneyland technical support", he has said this a lot. When people hear that and look at his subscriber count, they will take what he says as fact.

And for being a leading authority, he gets a lot wrong. For example, according to Freshbaked, you have 10 days to use a multi-day ticket at Disneyland. He has said this on multiple occasions in multiple videos. This information is wrong and has never been the case at Disneyland. His Single Rider video he left out Goofy's Sky School, a feature that has been at that ride, on the park map and website for YEARS. He claimed that the Submarines were never coming back, then just weeks later Disney confirms they are returning later this year.

All of this wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't claim to be #1 source for all things Disneyland.

Fair enough, but again he's not the FIRST and only one. What's funny is I remember back in 2012 Al Lutz ALSO said the subs weren't coming back and people freaked out so much about it, Disney literally put out a statement they were coming back, just being refurbished. He got tons wrong over the years as well, some hated him, others loved him, but this has been a staple for a looooong time now.

I'm not defending Dave so much as I'm saying is this not new. Seriously, not even close. Jim Hill ALSO proclaims to be source for all things Disney. He's been doing it for what, 20 years now? He gets things right AND wrong all the time too. Fabulous Disney Babe used to be part of the Disney bloggers back in the day. She provided a lot of news and analysis, especially when DCA was coming around. There is a litany of these people who has come and went. Some people may just be too young to remember (god I feel so old saying that lol) but many have been around doing this.

It's just odd that people act like vloggers are doing anything differently. Yes a lot of them proclaim stuff and its not always right. Welcome to the internet and the 20+ years of Disney news online. It's literally why Disney created their own Disney blog to confront all the amateurs that came long before Freshbaked, TimTracker, DSNY newscast and all the others out there.

fctiger

Despite the fact that today is the last day that Legacy Passholders can use their discounts, it’s not useable on the app. Discounts can be made in person View attachment 580041

You have no idea how frustrating this was. I went to Disneyland in July on its birthday and when I tried to get a Passholder discount, I was told I couldn't get it because my card had to be on the app. So I made sure it was on the app and went on the last day for discounts only to be told after the fact discounts no longer applied on the app lol. Its just bonkers. Not a huge deal, I probably would've saved maybe $10 between both incidents but the constant changes and lack of communication is always really frustrating.

kevlightyear

The maps have been updated and now include the Magic Key Terrace in DCA:

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at Aug 23  1.10.47 PM.png

Edited to clarify: The Magic Key Terrace replaces the Alfresco Tasting Terrace

Last edited:

dovetail65

Nothing about a possible Genie+ add-on, which has to be one of the most burning questions for potential buyers.
Well they made it clear and specifically pointed out that AP holders had to had to pay for Magic Key in the original list of features for Magic Key so I am not surprised at all. I always liked the Express after 4 pm that's included with the Universal AP down in FL and that comes with any AP no extra fee. Apparantly for now Disney isn't going tie the Genie to AP in any way, as a paid or include it. Possibly they will change course if far less people purchase Magjc Key than they hope for. .

I wonder if the Universal AP in CA have the included Express after 4pm? I am not familiar with the CA market near as much as WDW.

Tamandua

Well they made it clear and specifically pointed out that AP holders had to had to pay for Magic Key in the original list of features for Magic Key so I am not surprised at all. I always liked the Express after 4 pm that's included with the Universal AP down in FL and that comes with any AP no extra fee. Apparantly for now Disney isn't going tie the Genie to AP in any way, as a paid or include it. Possibly they will change course if far less people purchase Magjc Key than they hope for. .

I wonder if the Universal AP in CA have the included Express after 4pm? I am not familiar with the CA market near as much as WDW.
The premium USH pass includes front of the line once per ride per visit, but they stopped selling them for a while. I guess too many people were buying them.

dovetail65

The premium USH pass includes front of the line once per ride per visit, but they stopped selling them for a while. I guess too many people were buying them.
Well darn once per ride all day? That's a good feature, I was happy with after 4pm only!

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Express after 4:00 is only included in the UOR Premier Pass and it’s been that ways for years.

cmwade77

My guess is they will resume after Halloween Horror Nights, as that level included a free ticket for that and they may feel they don't have capacity to sell more right now.

Tamandua

My guess is they will resume after Halloween Horror Nights, as that level included a free ticket for that and they may feel they don't have capacity to sell more right now.
I kind of doubt it as they're still selling unlimited Halloween horror nights passes. I would hope that they just want to keep the number of front of the line passes low. Who knows. I was about to buy one right after they stopped selling them. I'm glad I didn't have the chance because I really don't want to go with the mask requirements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom