News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

fctiger

Disney stated in their results yesterday that future park bookings are still going up, so they definitely seem happy with the current trajectory. While all 3 of DLR's hotels are open, WDW only has about 70% of their hotel capacity available. WDW is still struggling and the quarterly results for DPEP showed that (Domestic parks only made 2 million dollars, and the parks as a whole lost money again).

I do think the strategy is changing a bit, because, again, it's easier and cheaper for them to bring back discounted admissions than it is to add entertainment/staffing/hours or parking lot trams.

Well now I see why APs are coming back to WDW as well. And yes as I said their ticketing sales seems to have fallen like DL as its no problem to get tickets for any parks literally today with the exception of MK being your first park. I think some people are postponing their trip for the 50th stuff but as far as getting tickets it's not an issue so far unless you want to go to MK the first two days of the celebration. And that's not even a huge deal since you can still go to that park after 2 if you have PH.

I think it's going to be years before any of these parks return to complete normalcy, but still at a good level for me to reconsider getting another AP.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Dude all he was doing was giving his opinion lol. I just happen to agree with it and why I posted it. It's really good analysis on the situation IMO.
but its not analysis if he doesn't have the facts. Analysis implies he has data and number and facts. Of which he does not.

CaptinEO

Dude all he was doing was giving his opinion lol. I just happen to agree with it and why I posted it. It's really good analysis on the situation IMO.
But people repost his opinion and he shares his opinion like its gospel or inside info. He is just someone trying to get clicks and make money. His opinions contribute nothing to this news story.

Vegas Disney Fan

I'm really shocked they haven't done any night time show there.
I love DCA but when we went a few weeks ago we left a few hours before it closed. We still had a lot of things we hadn’t done yet but it was hot and we were tired and without a nighttime show (carrot) it was pretty easy to justify heading back to the hotel, and pool, early.

Paint the Night would be a very welcome addition to DCA right now. WOC would be also but it looked pretty torn apart for a refurb, all the light building on the water were completely gone, so I don’t think it’ll be back anytime soon.

fctiger

But people repost his opinion and he shares his opinion like its gospel or inside info. He is just someone trying to get clicks and make money. His opinions contribute nothing to this news story.

It's message boards and Youtube. I mean, this is kind of how the internet works these days. I think like anywhere, you have to just decide on your own regardless of the subject matter is. At least he's not there telling people why getting the vaccine is bad and how an election was stolen. There are faaaar worse things on the internet. And he says over and over it's just him thinking out loud, so yeah. And no one is forced to click on anything online if they don't want. Simple enough.

Last edited:

fctiger

but its not analysis if he doesn't have the facts. Analysis implies he has data and number and facts. Of which he does not.

He was only giving his opinion of what he thinks could happen like the rest of us. Dude you don't have to click on. I was only saying I agree with a lot of his points just like I do everyone else. That's OK, right?

fctiger

Disneyland was freaking dead today. Lots of 5 minute wait times. They need APs more than anyone ever realized.

Yeah I was shocked how low the crowds were yesterday too. In fact we decided we're going on Sunday now since we still have two more days on our PHs. (can't go Saturday, have a prior engagement). Might as well take advantage since the crowds have been shrinking but still summer.

But it probably is partly because people would rather wait for the new APs. I can't really blame them. I mean when you think about it, even the CHEAPEST AP at $399 you're still getting 140 days AND discounts to boot. And you're only paying $100 more than you are the current 3 day pass California residents are being offered. If you thought that was a great deal, well, this is pretty good for even the cheapest pass, so why not wait?

Last edited:

fctiger

I love DCA but when we went a few weeks ago we left a few hours before it closed. We still had a lot of things we hadn’t done yet but it was hot and we were tired and without a nighttime show (carrot) it was pretty easy to justify heading back to the hotel, and pool, early.

Paint the Night would be a very welcome addition to DCA right now. WOC would be also but it looked pretty torn apart for a refurb, all the light building on the water were completely gone, so I don’t think it’ll be back anytime soon.

The reasons why they brought the fireworks back in the summer because they knew a lot of people weren't staying around DL once the sun started to set. Watching a lot of the vloggers videos at the time, DL was emptying out by the late evening. But DCA was practically dead. I guess they assumed now that AC is open, it would keep more people around but it's really not enough IMO, especially since it doesn't take long to see the area now that there no longer lines to get in the place.

Since they brought fireworks back to DL, it would've made sense to bring SOME kind of night event back to DCA, especially because they have the room, certainly more so than DL. WOC sounds like its out for maintenance but why not the parade? Maybe they are still lacking too many CMs to put something like that on.

But people were predicting they added another hour to DL and DCA this week because there were going to add some more night time activities but that clearly was not the case. It's kind of weird they added more night time hours, especially at DCA since that park seems to be a ghost town in the last hour now.

CaptinEO

It's message boards and Youtube. I mean, this is kind of how the internet works these days. I think like anywhere, you have to just decide on your own regardless of the subject matter is. At least he's not there telling people why getting the vaccine is bad and how an election was stolen. There are faaaar worse things on the internet. And he says over and over it's just him thinking out loud, so yeah. And no one is forced to click on anything online if they don't want. Simple enough.
I mean he has what, a million followers that he's spewing out bull rumors to so he can make money and get clicks? That's misleading your fanbase and using them for money.

Everytime he makes up a rumor he benefits financially. Therefore the more rumor videos he makes, the more money he gets.

Last edited:

el_super

Yeah I was shocked how low the crowds were yesterday too.

It's back to school season. Anaheim just started up this week. This would traditionally be the start of the slow season at Disneyland.

In years prior, the last two weeks of August were about the time that the So Cal APs would be unblocked and the park would be mobbed with people, so it was harder to see the normal seasonal patterns because of how the APs dramatically altered the attendance patterns.

It's not all that unusual though, in a historical perspective. This is about the time that Fantasmic and Fireworks would go back down to weekends only, the Mansion would close for it's layover and in the way before times, Disneyland would go back to being closed on Monday and Tuesday.

el_super

Everytime he makes up a rumor he benefits financially. Therefore the more rumor videos he makes, the more money he gets.

Are people really hurt by having weird misconceptions of Disneyland? I mean ... complaining YouTube videos aren't accurate is about the same argument as saying Big Thunder Mountain Railroad isn't an accurate depiction of late 19th century mining techniques.

fctiger

It's back to school season. Anaheim just started up this week. This would traditionally be the start of the slow season at Disneyland.

In years prior, the last two weeks of August were about the time that the So Cal APs would be unblocked and the park would be mobbed with people, so it was harder to see the normal seasonal patterns because of how the APs dramatically altered the attendance patterns.

It's not all that unusual though, in a historical perspective. This is about the time that Fantasmic and Fireworks would go back down to weekends only, the Mansion would close for it's layover and in the way before times, Disneyland would go back to being closed on Monday and Tuesday.
Yeah only it's not the last two weeks of August, We just had the first two weeks and its been pretty dead for the entire month give or take a few days.

The only point is many people expected the parks to be slammed for MONTHS due to it being closed a year. I actually said back in March that by September it will just fall to the usual low level crowds. So I'm not that surprised, but yes still a little how slow it's been last few weeks.

And this is just MORE proof end of the day DL is still a local's park. It really survives on locals more than anything. It would normally have a bit more tourists this time of year but the park can't rely on them more than a few months out of the year.

It's why APs were never going away. Because it's at least stable revenue through the year.

fctiger

I mean he has what, a million followers that he's spewing out bull rumors to so he can make money and get clicks? That's misleading your fanbase and using them for money.

What rumor did he make up? What is with so much acrimony? You would think he's the only one who gives their thoughts on DL on the internet. I have been part of the Disney message board community for over 20 years now, there is literally NOTHING different that happens on Youtube that doesn't happen on a message board. Al Lutz used to be the biggest name when it came to Disney rumors and news for probably 15 years and he was dead wrong around 60% of the time. But his name was so big he managed to create Mice Age over it. DIs boards was another big one and now they have their own Youtube channel, although it's mainly based out of WDW. Sometimes they are wrong, sometimes they are right. Most of the time it's just giving their analysis on something like everyone else, including here.

Nothing anyone is doing on Youtube is new or different, the format is just more visual now. But people have been using the internet to bring up Disney rumors for money long before Youtube existed. That's just how its been for a long long time now.

Ryan120420

What rumor did he make up? What is with so much acrimony? You would think he's the only one who gives their thoughts on DL on the internet. I have been part of the Disney message board community for over 20 years now, there is literally NOTHING different that happens on Youtube that doesn't happen on a message board. Al Lutz used to be the biggest name when it came to Disney rumors and news for probably 15 years and he was dead wrong around 60% of the time. But his name was so big he managed to create Mice Age over it. DIs boards was another big one and now they have their own Youtube channel, although it's mainly based out of WDW. Sometimes they are wrong, sometimes they are right. Most of the time it's just giving their analysis on something like everyone else, including here.

Nothing anyone is doing on Youtube is new or different, the format is just more visual now. But people have been using the internet to bring up Disney rumors for money long before Youtube existed. That's just how its been for a long long time now.

My issue with Freshbaked is that he claims to be the "leading authority to all things Disneyland". He also claims in his live chats to be "Disneyland technical support", he has said this a lot. When people hear that and look at his subscriber count, they will take what he says as fact.

And for being a leading authority, he gets a lot wrong. For example, according to Freshbaked, you have 10 days to use a multi-day ticket at Disneyland. He has said this on multiple occasions in multiple videos. This information is wrong and has never been the case at Disneyland. His Single Rider video he left out Goofy's Sky School, a feature that has been at that ride, on the park map and website for YEARS. He claimed that the Submarines were never coming back, then just weeks later Disney confirms they are returning later this year.

All of this wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't claim to be #1 source for all things Disneyland.

Tamandua

My issue with Freshbaked is that he claims to be the "leading authority to all things Disneyland". He also claims in his live chats to be "Disneyland technical support", he has said this a lot. When people hear that and look at his subscriber count, they will take what he says as fact.

And for being a leading authority, he gets a lot wrong. For example, according to Freshbaked, you have 10 days to use a multi-day ticket at Disneyland. He has said this on multiple occasions in multiple videos. This information is wrong and has never been the case at Disneyland. His Single Rider video he left out Goofy's Sky School, a feature that has been at that ride, on the park map and website for YEARS. He claimed that the Submarines were never coming back, then just weeks later Disney confirms they are returning later this year.

All of this wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't claim to be #1 source for all things Disneyland.
I've seen this from podcasters in other hobbies. They claim to be #1 all the time and then they just make stuff up, hoping it turns out to be true so they can claim to have broken the story.

I haven't watched much of fresh baked. I was hoping to get some news summaries instead of having to sort through it all myself online, but I've found it to be too unreliable to keep watching. I will say that I prefer fresh baked to ordinary adventures. Those two really just rub me the wrong way.

Emmanuel

Despite the fact that today is the last day that Legacy Passholders can use their discounts, it’s not useable on the app. Discounts can be made in person
4EAD3C85-ED0B-42B3-8F7F-E1136A3127D9.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom