News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

CaptinEO

CONFIRMED! New program will combine the best of what you loved in the past about your Annual Pass and your Magic Key with new benefits!

Introducing: Magic Pass+ Your new passkey to the kingdom (and that other park across the Esplanade with the roller coaster and food festivals and stuff)!

The top tier: Magic Pass+++ allows you to visit either park anytime we please with rolling blockout dates AND 2 reservations of our choice at a time with 10% off parking/food/merchandise on eligible days! Includes two digital downloads at 50% off and a FREE downloadable print-your-own MP+++ "magnet" to tape to your car along with an exclusive social media hashtag! $3650/year * most days not eligible ** paper, ink and tape not included *** hashtag not yet finalized **** only being sold for a limited time... oh sorry, you missed it!

The second tier: Magic Pass++ allows you to visit one park of our choosing with most dates blocked out AND 1 reservation of our choice at a time with 5% off parking/food/merchandise on eligible days! Includes one digital download at 25% off and a shared social media hashtag! $1825/year * there are no eligible days unless we have merchandise we need to get rid of from the previous season ** hashtag not yet finalized

The third tier: Bottomfeeders Pass Magic Pass+ allows you to visit neither park with all dates blocked out and no reservations with no discounts whatsoever BUT you can visit Downtown Disney once a month after you've shown proof of additional parking payment in special designated MP+ parking area and pose with a special Magic Pass+ photo backdrop. $1200/year * MP+ parking spaces located somewhere near Angels Stadium - location still pending and transportation from parking to Downtown Disney is an additional cost ** digital downloads are extra cost *** no hashtag for you!

/s

;)
Disney fans these days are so disgusting they would absolutely be excited over this.

Phroobar

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some additional information -

"All four Magic Keys now offer a 20% discount on the Genie+ line-cutting service. Inspire and Believe passholders now get unlimited PhotoPass digital downloads. Enchant and Imagine passholders get a 25% discount on parking at the Toy Story lot — when the passes are available for reservations and blockout dates are not in effect. Like the former Dream Key, the new Inspire Key will continue to include parking while the Believe Key will offer a 50% discount on parking."

"The small print in the updated Magic Key contract spells out the rules for passholders. A Magic Key does not guarantee theme park entry even on dates when a pass is not blocked out. Passholders are not entitled to reservations made available to daily ticket buyers. The number of reservations are subject to availability as determined by Disney. Don’t expect to find the phrase “no blockout dates” anywhere in the new Magic Key legalese."

mickEblu

Lol @ 20% off Genie +

I mean I guess if they raise the price to $200 that’s a nice perk.

Photo pass being included is cool though.

el_super

I lift my glass to the unfavorable mix 🍸 Congratulations. TWDC does indeed love you all...

The key is to love them *just enough* to keep them engaged. Even if their long term goal is eliminating them, which I still think it is, that's something that is 10 or 15 years off.

Most of the efforts they were planning to accommodate eliminating the passes, like Disneyland Forward and the Downtown Disney expansion are ridiculously behind schedule at this point.

mickEblu

The key is to love them *just enough* to keep them engaged. Even if their long term goal is eliminating them, which I still think it is, that's something that is 10 or 15 years off.

Most of the efforts they were planning to accommodate eliminating the passes, like Disneyland Forward and the Downtown Disney expansion are ridiculously behind schedule at this point.

One day in like 30-40 years you may be right.

Newtwo

Pretty interesting that those who have had their magic key expire already need to call instead of being able to do it online.

Guess it just shows how ed up their backend infrastructure is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom