News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Speaking of live bands, a live band went on the King Arthur Carrousel when I was there on Saturday and played the carrousel music live. It was funny because the music kept getting louder than softer, louder than softer.

It's so easy to think the magic is dead, but every once in a while the spark is still there. This is the kind of stuff that makes Disney special, that I think the executives will never understand.

TP2000

You got to love the winning team's name for the co-op canoe race. "Paddle Me Hard".

The CM canoe races and their team names had been rife with double entendre' and sexual innuendo since the 1970's. That lasted into the 21st century. I was told at a party years ago that a friend's grand-daughter was on an all girls canoe team whose name was... wait for it... Two Bit Oars.

Now that young people are all very earnest and don't know how to laugh at themselves, much less others, and TDA's HR department is squashing any dissent or subversive behavior, I doubt they can still get away with canoe race team names like that. It's probably now names like Aquatic Equity and Positivity Paddlers, or some such humorless drivel. 😐

Whichever young lady thought up Two Bit Oars as her team name deserves a bottle of champagne! 🤣

mickEblu

The CM canoe races and their team names had been rife with double entendre' and sexual innuendo since the 1970's. That lasted into the 21st century. I was told at a party years ago that a friend's grand-daughter was on an all girls canoe team whose name was... wait for it... Two Bit Oars.

Now that young people are all very earnest and don't know how to laugh at themselves, much less others, and TDA's HR department is squashing any dissent or subversive behavior, I doubt they can still get away with canoe race team names like that. It's probably now names like Aquatic Equity and Positivity Paddlers, or some such humorless drivel. 😐

Whichever young lady thought up Two Bit Oars as her team name deserves a bottle of champagne! 🤣

LOL @ Positivity Paddlers

How’s life in Utah and at the new house?

TP2000

LOL @ Positivity Paddlers

It's only funny because it's true. ;)

How’s life in Utah and at the new house?

I'm down here in La Jolla for the summer, until at least September, until the new place in Utah is ready for move in. I usually don't stay down here this many months, so it took me multiple trips to Costco, Home Depot, Ralph's, and Target to get all set up for the summer. With also a big stop at the Keg N' Bottle, purely for medicinal and hospitality purposes of course. Phew!

shambolicdefending

I'm down here in La Jolla for the summer, until at least September, until the new place in Utah is ready for move in. I usually don't stay down here this many months, so it took me multiple trips to Costco, Home Depot, Ralph's, and Target to get all set up for the summer. With also a big stop at the Keg N' Bottle, purely for medicinal and hospitality purposes of course. Phew!
I'm a Utah native married to a California native who's made a home in Texas. We love all three places with their unique oddities, but California is the hardest of the three to justify living in these days.

Parteecia

I was on a Carnation softball team called the Dairy Heirs.

Stevek

Make a visit just a bit south to The Grass Skirt if you have a chance.

MarvelCharacterNerd

CONFIRMED! New program will combine the best of what you loved in the past about your Annual Pass and your Magic Key with new benefits!

Introducing: Magic Pass+ Your new passkey to the kingdom (and that other park across the Esplanade with the roller coaster and food festivals and stuff)!

The top tier: Magic Pass+++ allows you to visit either park anytime we please with rolling blockout dates AND 2 reservations of our choice at a time with 10% off parking/food/merchandise on eligible days! Includes two digital downloads at 50% off and a FREE downloadable print-your-own MP+++ "magnet" to tape to your car along with an exclusive social media hashtag! $3650/year * most days not eligible ** paper, ink and tape not included *** hashtag not yet finalized **** only being sold for a limited time... oh sorry, you missed it!

The second tier: Magic Pass++ allows you to visit one park of our choosing with most dates blocked out AND 1 reservation of our choice at a time with 5% off parking/food/merchandise on eligible days! Includes one digital download at 25% off and a shared social media hashtag! $1825/year * there are no eligible days unless we have merchandise we need to get rid of from the previous season ** hashtag not yet finalized

The third tier: Bottomfeeders Pass Magic Pass+ allows you to visit neither park with all dates blocked out and no reservations with no discounts whatsoever BUT you can visit Downtown Disney once a month after you've shown proof of additional parking payment in special designated MP+ parking area and pose with a special Magic Pass+ photo backdrop. $1200/year * MP+ parking spaces located somewhere near Angels Stadium - location still pending and transportation from parking to Downtown Disney is an additional cost ** digital downloads are extra cost *** no hashtag for you!

/s

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom