News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

waltography

The rumor floating around on social media is 12 visits, 24 visits, 36 visits, 48 visits and 52 visits. 48 visit and 52 visit are the only Keys that include parking.

If this is the case then it'll work great for some people, myself included. Twice a month is plenty Disneyland for me.
I'd be happy with this system, depending on the pricing. I don't see myself visiting more than twice a month either and it'd be about the frequency of my Flex pass.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
True statement but it doesn’t account for the fact people bought those passes BECAUSE they were good deals.
They re not going to recreate the revenue of the AP program with some measley discounts or punch card system. That would only work for vloggers and people with a ton of disposable income. The old AP prices/ structure created the demand and incentive to go the parks that often.

This is just a rebranding. After all, you can’t call something an “annual pass” when people are blacked out half of the year and have the possibility of striking out on reservations multiple times.
If you think they are just going to reintroduce the same AP under a different name that everyone including yourself complained was causing the crowding at DLR, you're fooling yourself. If that was the case they wouldn't have cancelled the original program.

Whether a discount program or a certain number of visits for x amount, there is no way they are going to reintroduce the unlimited option again. There will be some type of cap or something that limits how guests using the program visit the parks. Its the only way they can ensure overcrowding due to the program won't happen again.

mickEblu

I'd be happy with this system, depending on the pricing. I don't see myself visiting more than twice a month either and it'd be about the frequency of my Flex pass.

Me too but I’m kind of liking not feeling the “need” to go to DL. Saving a lot of money. A well priced flex pass is the kind of tease that can make you ignore all your issues with place.

CaptainAmerica

The rumor floating around on social media is 12 visits, 24 visits, 36 visits, 48 visits and 52 visits.

48 visit and 52 visit are the only Keys that include parking.

Minor discounts to add visits a la carte with the 52 visit key having the most meaningful discount.

If this is the case then it'll work great for some people, myself included. Twice a month is plenty Disneyland for me.
Why offer a 48 and a 52?

Disstevefan1

Announcement comes tomorrow on the new pass program-

View attachment 576709
Oh boy! I want to say ahead of time I feel for the DLR APers. It goes without saying the beautiful deal you had before the pandemic is gone forever.

Whatever this ends up being, the objective is to have less folks in the park spending more money. It will be interesting to watch the DLR YouTubers talk about it.

mickEblu

If you think they are just going to reintroduce the same AP under a different name that everyone including yourself complained was causing the crowding at DLR, you're fooling yourself. If that was the case they wouldn't have cancelled the original program.

Whether a discount program or a certain number of visits for x amount, there is no way they are going to reintroduce the unlimited option again. There will be some type of cap or something that limits how guests using the program visit the parks. Its the only way they can ensure overcrowding due to the program won't happen again.

Obviously not the same program. I’ve been saying more expensive/ different tiered flex passes which I think will be a lot closer to the new program than paying $600 for 10% discounts.

mickEblu

Why would it be 52 times and not 60? 12, 24, 36, 48, and 52? We’ll give you the opportunity to visit about 4.15 times each month!

That doesn’t sound right.

I don’t even understand the concept of capping visits if you have a reservation system. I’ve proposed capped visits for a while but that’s because I never imagined the parks going to a reservation system.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Obviously not the same program. I’ve been saying more expensive/ different tiered flex passes which I think will be a lot closer to the new program than paying $600 for 10% discounts.
Discount program is just as good as any other idea I've seen here. Whether you personally see value in that or not is not relevant.

I don't even think the Flex pass will be coming back, that whole previous AP program was scrapped.

There is a reason why it was described by Potrock as a membership program instead of a new annual pass program. I see it more akin to the movie goer programs like AMC Stubs program where you get discounts and based on spending you get free stuff.

Californian Elitist

I don’t even understand the concept of capping visits if you have a reservation system. I’ve proposed capped visits for a while but that’s because I never imagined the parks going to a reservation system.
Exactly. If this really is the new system, possibly in the future, the 12x option would be good enough for me, but I want nothing to do with the reservation system.

mickEblu

Discount program is just as good as any other idea I've seen here. Whether you personally see value in that or not is not relevant.

I don't even think the Flex pass will be coming back, that whole previous AP program was scrapped.

There is a reason why it was described by Potrock as a membership program instead of a new annual pass program. I see it more akin to the movie goer programs like AMC Stubs program where you get discounts and based on spending you get free stuff.

You could be right but if you are right I predict that new program will be a failure and they will inevitably bring back something closer to what I guessed.

Mouse Trap

Why offer a 48 and a 52?

No clue, but I imagine the 52 week pass is the one that is actually your key to going more than 1x per week on average.

I would think the 52 weeks pass lets you purchase a ticket or extra visits for 50% off while the 48 week pass only gives you 20% or even nothing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You could be right but if you are right I predict that new program will be a failure and they will inevitably bring back something closer to what I guessed.
Maybe, maybe not. We've seen the appetite of Disney fans in the past and in the present. My guess if sold right people will see value it in as it'll seem like a deal not to have to pay 100%. Will some be disappointed they won't be able to go 300x per year, absolutely. But they are already disappointed now, so that ain't gonna change much. But what it might do is to be a compromise to those that want to go more often but don't want to pay full price.

mickEblu

Maybe, maybe not. We've seen the appetite of Disney fans in the past and in the present. My guess if sold right people will see value it in as it'll seem like a deal not to have to pay 100%. Will some be disappointed they won't be able to go 300x per year, absolutely. But they are already disappointed now, so that ain't gonna change much. But what it might do is to be a compromise to those that want to go more often but don't want to pay full price.

So how do they make up the loss in revenue? Charge $30 for churros? Their is no way they get nearly the same amount of bodies in the parks with those tiny discounts/ pricing you proposed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom