Disneyland is offering you a sneak peek at Pixar Pier – for a price- OC Register

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/05/...g-you-a-sneak-peek-at-pixar-pier-for-a-price/

>>
Hey, Disney fans. Got an extra $299 burning a hole in your pocket? Well, you’re in luck, because Disneyland has a way for you to spend it. How about a ticket for a special “VIP preview” to the renovated Pixar Pier in Disney California Adventure?

For $299, you get a special ticket that includes admission to Disney California Adventure and the newly renovated Pixar Pier, which you will see on June 22 – the night before it opens to everyone else. You’ll also get special snacks, a swag bag, a lanyard and other good stuff.

But that’s not the only buzz this news is creating in the Disneysphere. While the parks’ biggest fans open their piggy banks and decide whether they can afford to go, many are also speculating on what this big ticket price portends for next year’s opening of the much more greatly anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land at Disneyland.<<

I am headed to CoasterCon back east next month, and my fees for nine days of park access to many parks including early opening and late closing just for our group, meals, special entertainment, swag bags, a lanyard and more was less than $300 when my AP/SP's were taken into consideration.

Heck my Knott's Platinum Pass with the all you can eat add on and free parking was less than $299.

And what will the special SW:GE nights cost? Anyone want guess $999 or more. And of course, some folks will attend, then sell their swag online, and make a profit.

Phroobar

Its a good thing we're not forced to spend $300 ;):cool:

You want to rethink that pal?
mickey_points_a_gun_to_a_criminal_by_ozzyguy-d6e5w5b.png

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
OK, CoasterCon is $380, but since we have all three AP/SP's, it is only $149 for all 6 nights. Add-ons are $50 for the pre Add On day, and $61 for the 2 after event days. So 10 days of parks.

Staying at a group of Hotels, but the Great Wolf Lodge is only $119 per night including the resort fee as part of our group rate, and will host our banquet. And that is for a suite, not their basic room.

http://www.coastercon.com/html/2018_coaster_con.html

The_Mesh_Hatter

I wonder if these "fools" spending all this money actually come out ahead? I imagine we'll see hordes of people lined up to purchase specialty items to resell on eBay.

I doubt most, but surely some.

21stamps

OK, CoasterCon is $380, but since we have all three AP/SP's, it is only $149 for all 6 nights. Add-ons are $50 for the pre Add On day, and $61 for the 2 after event days. So 10 days of parks.

Staying at a group of Hotels, but the Great Wolf Lodge is only $119 per night including the resort fee as part of our group rate, and will host our banquet. And that is for a suite, not their basic room.

http://www.coastercon.com/html/2018_coaster_con.html

Where did you find a GWL for $119 pn?! How big is the group?

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
By the way, CoasterCon XLII will be held June 16-21, 2019.

It will be here in SoCal, with Six Flags Magic Mountain and Knott's Berry Farm as hosts. A third park might be added, and yes, Disneyworld has hosted the event in the past (XXIX).

Also will have add on days, still working on those, but looks like San Diego will be part of the mix.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Where did you find a GWL for $119 pn?! How big is the group?

The group will be about 250. We are getting a very special industry rate. As a non-profit group, the parks and the Great Wolf spend "advertising/marketing" money since they expect us to talk up the parks (and hotel) to others.

But on average, each park will be open an extra 4 hours a day (2 hours prior to public open, and 2 hours after close), feed us, backstage tours, give us swag bags, etc. California Great America and Discovery Kingdom both gave us a full fireworks show, exclusive to us. They can't do that for $50 per person ($25 a day).

So basically the Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg is doing the same, waiving all fees they usually charge, and a welcome gift will be placed in each room. Our Banquet will be held there, and the cost to the guests is $50, but that includes picking up some extra dinners for invited guests (Speaker, etc.) is spread out to the paying guests.

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

Does it really matter what other events cost in comparison to Disney's?

I see it all the time. People complain how much cheaper Knott's or Universal are. Great I say, so why not just go to those places instead? "But I like Disney so much more!"

Well, that's why it costs more, the demand is greater...

This is a lot of money to experience a re-themed area. They could probably do a full month of these hard ticket previews for Star Wars if they wanted to.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
As a Theme Park fan, I have a finite amount of money I can spend on it, and still pay all the normal bills I have, including the Mortgage, Utilities, Medical (And I was in a coma for about 2 weeks last year), Food, Gasoline and transportation, etc.

So of course I am going to compare my options, and since we are at a discussion board, talk about it with others.

But ultimately it is you who makes the final decision.

I love Del Taco, but tend to mainly go on Tuesday evenings when it is Taco night because of the low cost. But not everyone loves tacos, nor do they all like Del Taco, some prefer Taco Bell.

Big In-n-Out Fan, one is just a few blocks away, but if the drive thru line is long, will opt to go another time. And I have the same feeling about Disneyland, the amount of time it just takes to get inside the turnstiles for someone who lives less than 4 miles from the park is just not worth it on most days.

To each their own, but these special upcharge events are a joke, especially when they don't offer an AP discount.

I love the fact that Knott's offers a special SP night before Christmas at no charge, plus hands out free Christmas Ornaments.

Knott's also just opened up Soak City for SP holders last weekend. (Not open to the public).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Well, that's why it costs more, the demand is greater...

That's true, but in its 60+ year history there has never been a point where the demand for Disneyland wasn't consistently greater than its competitors, yet it generally showed restraint and didn't float these ripoffs over-priced hard ticket previews to their most loyal customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
For $299 sometimes you can get a 3/4 day cruise to Mexico from Long Beach.

A WDW package including Hotel. (Airfare not included)

http://orlandohoteldealz.com/299-4-...-world-tickets-and-ron-jon-water-park-passes/

>>
299ºº Disney Getaway Package

• Total Price! Not per person. Not per night!
  • 4 Days & 3 Nights Orlando, Florida International Palms Resort Getaway Vaction.
  • 2 (1Day) Disney World Tickets & Water Park Passes Ron Jon Cape Caribe Resort ( Up to 6 People)
  • Free Shuttles - Pools- Restaurant
  • Extra Nights: $79ºº | Extra Tickets Available<<
Prefer USO

https://www.rooms101.com/best-vacat...-break-vacation-package-best-western-lakeside

Wendy Pleakley

That's true, but in its 60+ year history there has never been a point where the demand for Disneyland wasn't consistently greater than its competitors, yet it generally showed restraint and didn't float these ripoffs over-priced hard ticket previews to their most loyal customers.

Which is why the comparison always seems pointless to me. Disney is in a league of their own. Knott's may be a "theme park" as well, but the two experiences are very different. It's like comparing the cost of a Honda Civic to a Porsche.

Criticism of hard tickets events is fine, but I would view them based on their own merit, or lack thereof. They're either worth the price or not. The price of alternate entertainment options doesn't seem important.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom