Disneyland introduces so cal resident discount tickets for the summer

Tamandua

Original Poster
I wonder if this is an attempt to get would be APs to double dip by paying for tickets before they release the new membership program.

Tamandua

Original Poster
Disneyland Paris resuming AP sales on the 15th. Interesting that DLP gets APs while DLR gets discounted so cal tickets.

Anjin

Ticket sales so strong they have to offer discounts!

They really are going to drag their feet on bringing back APs. Lol.
I'm sure DLR will try several options before giving up and returning the annual passport. If APs really do return by the end of the year, I would read that as a sign that Disney is addicted to that easy money, all talk of positive guest experiences be damned.

Tamandua

Original Poster
I'm sure DLR will try several options before giving up and returning the annual passport. If APs really do return by the end of the year, I would read that as a sign that Disney is addicted to that easy money, all talk of positive guest experiences be damned.

All the talk about lower crowds equaling more spending by more satisfied guests was earnings call spin during a very bleak time. Don't think they want to be in that situation.

• Subject to theme park reservation availability, restrictions and change without notice.
  • Sooo... you might buy three days of non-refundable tickets that expire Sept 30 and not get a reservation??
I thought about this too. What if you're a month out from expiration and every day you could go is booked? Then you just lose the money?

lumberguy5

• Subject to theme park reservation availability, restrictions and change without notice.
  • Sooo... you might buy three days of non-refundable tickets that expire Sept 30 and not get a reservation??

As of right now, there is not a single soldout park on any day for either type of ticket.

Newtwo

I guess attendance really is dropping off...
This Is Fine GIF

SplashGhost

I am glad that I held back on buying tickets, I figure I will end up buying two of these 3 day hopper passes and using them in the next few months. The 14 day expiration window is what held me back from buying a ticket earlier.

fctiger

Not surprised. Been saying it for months, it's no way the park is going to keep up attendance for that long once the hardcore had their fill and even I was suggesting it would last at least through the end of the summer. Apparently it didn't even last halfway through the summer for Disney because here we are.

And this isn't even at 100% capacity. I would love to know what it is now but I'm guessing it's at least 50%. I looked at a lot of YT videos for the fourth and while it LOOKED busy a lot of the people were saying it was a pretty slow holiday. And that was with all the hoopla of bringing the fireworks back.

Its a GREAT deal. For me, it's less about the price and just the fact that you can use the three days anytime through Sept. 30th instead of using them within 2 weeks. That's really the biggest draw back for most locals to buy multi day tickets because we want to stretch it out. We were (finally) going in August but it looks like we are going much sooner now.

fctiger

DCA is about to get really empty

Not necessarily. To upgrade to a park hopper it's only $55. I think A LOT of people will do that because you're basically just adding an additional $18 for 2 parks over 3 days. And tons of people still want to see Avenger's Campus.

Last edited:

MagicWDI

Looks like this is for all California residents, not just SoCal. Glad I held off on getting tickets. I'm gonna snap this up. I was hoping to maybe get a 4-day hopper but this is a good deal and we may settle for this 3-day deal.

mickEblu

Not necessarily. To upgrade to a park hopper it's only $50. I think A LOT of people will do that because you're basically just adding an additional $17 for 2 parks over 3 days. And tons of people still want to see Avenger's Campus.

It’s $50 for all 3 days?

mickEblu

It’s not even a great deal when you compare to prices before the price hike a few weeks ago. It’s like $60 off a 3 day(1 park per day) ticket. The caveat being that you don’t have to use the tickets in 13 days.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom