Disneyland Hotel review- it's awesome!!!

Gaston's gal

Original Poster
If you want to be nostalgic and think back to the days of when Walt himself was here planning this wonderful land where dreams come true, then you should stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The lobby has replica teacups to sit at if you have to wait for your room. (so cute) Once you are checked in, you walk to one of three towers that pay tribute to the three original lands of Disneyland--Adventure, Fantasy or Frontier. Each tower is decorated in the entrance to the building with displays representing the theme of their building. Within each room, the furnishings all pay tribute to Sleeping Beauty's castle and to the most important character of all, Mickey Mouse.
When my daughter and I stayed there, we stayed in the Frontier Tower. Each tower is labeled with a big sign out front so you don't get lost:
cwvDm9asA3Lw9YuG4bl5esmrDg-1.jpeg

Inside the lobby, they had a miniature layout of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It was really fun to look at and think of the hard work and imagination that went into creating that lovable ride.
When we walked to our room, it was at the end of the hallway. We had to walk through one door, before we could even get to the door to our room---we felt like we were a celebrity going into a presidential suite or something!
cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZNWAbl5esXDcQ-1.jpeg

After we got into our room, we REALLY felt like we were something! It was soooo beautiful in our room. We had a king-size bed with Sleeping Beauty's castle as the headboard, a lovely dresser and a nice balcony to go out and enjoy.
cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vW7Zxw-3.jpeg
cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vW7Zxw-2.jpeg

I really wanted to buy the pillow on the bed: It is classic Disney to me!
cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vW7Zxw-1.jpeg

Then, we looked around our bathroom. It's a pretty standard bathroom, but we still enjoyed the fun little features that say "we are at Disneyland" to us.
cwvDm9asA3Lw9ZNWAbl5esXDcQ.jpeg
cwvDm9asA3Lw9YuG4bl5esmrDg.jpeg

After some time relaxing in our room, we decided to go to get something to eat. We stopped in at Tangaroa Terrace and found what became our new favorite burger in the world--the Angus Hawaiian Cheeseburger. It's a burger topped with Teriyaki Sauce, Carmelized Pineapple, Cheese, Bacon, Tomato & Lettuce and it's to die for!!! There are plenty of other quick meals you can get with a Polynesian flair to them, but this was our absolute favorite.

When we were done stuffing ourselves, we walked over to the Monorail Pool. It has 2 waterslides and a water play area. My daughter rode the slides while I took pictures, then we took turns relaxing in the hot tubs or lounging by the pool.
cwvDm9asA_Lw9YsGTQNy8vW7Zxw.jpeg

For some other dining choices, like a nice sit-down meal, you can go to Steakhouse 55 for great steaks and seafood. They have a relaxing area outside by the pool called Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar for cocktails and if you want a character breakfast, then go to Goofy's Kitchen for a wonderful buffet with Goofy, of course, and some of his friends.
The Disneyland Hotel is just right across the street from Downtown Disney, Disneyland and California Adventure so it's nice that it's all within walking distance. If you are going to celebrate Disneyland's Diamond Celebration this year in Anaheim, you really should stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Then, you will definitely know you are at the Happiest Place on Earth!
d
cwvDm9asA3Lw9btnAfl5esWDJoI.jpeg

kkocka

I'm glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. When did you stay there? I ask because the photo of the hat sign is before the recent paint job. Regardless, I never stop raving about how Disney flat-out nailed their renovation of the hotel. We were blocked out this past weekend from the parks and just spent a few hours walking around the grounds. So beautifully done.

Gaston's gal

Original Poster
@kkocka, it's been about a year since we were there. I'm a little slow on my post. I love to tell people how amazing the Disneyland Hotel is though!

mgat5

We just came back from a stay at the Grand Californian... loved the location and the lobby... the room? Not so much, wished we had stayed at the Disneyland Hotel... :(

Gaston's gal

Original Poster
We just came back from a stay at the Grand Californian... loved the location and the lobby... the room? Not so much, wished we had stayed at the Disneyland Hotel... :(

You always have next time. The Grand Californian is nice too.

TP2000

I'm confused.

The title of this thread is "Disneyland Resort review - it's awesome!". Will this be a thread where you review your trip to the Disneyland Resort, and more posts on different aspects of your visit to the Resort are still coming? Or was this just a single review of your recent stay at the Disneyland Hotel, and you accidentally called it the "Disneyland Resort" in the thread title instead of the "Disneyland Hotel"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom