Disneyland Hotel Mothers Day brunch quietly cancelled

asianway

Original Poster
Haven't seen anyone mention this. Pam Brandon wrote a blog post Thursday and slipped this in. Is Thanksgiving next?

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I saw that. Was very surprised.

We've done that a few times and it was a really nicely done event. Shame.

disney4life2008

Do you think they couldn't find enough people willing to pay $90 a head for a middling character buffet?

Are you kidding? As others have mentioned on here - if disney slapped a mickey logo on dollar store toilet tissue and sold it in either emporium coast to coast for $9.99 people would buy it.

GiveMeTheMusic

I don't know, the pricing began approaching the absurd a few years back, even for Disney. A buffet served out of chafing dishes in a hotel ballroom and a few character greets never struck me as a premium experience.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
The price was creeping up there, but $90? No.

I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of attendees, myself included, did not pay full price but used some kind of AP or CM discount because it was always packed during my visits. That would make the cancellation make some sense. But I loved it the 3 times I went, very nicely done.

Storytellers Cafe and PCH Grill will still have their Mothers Day events for around $30.

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

My pacifist and Spirit loving Mother (who also enjoys Disney) would KILL me if I ever suggested spending $90 a person on a Disney buffet, Mother's Day or not.

What is the price at Knott's? $29.99?
I would've started to put up a fuss at my old man about the price then I'd bite my lip to avoid hurting his feelings. One Christmas many years ago he shocked me with a pair of big ol' horkin' diamond earrings. That was a time in our lives when every penny had to be counted carefully. 2 days later I found the receipt and went completely out of my gourd over such an expense. Flipped out and made him return them. He was so upset he didn't utter a word to me for 2 days. He swore he'd die before he ever bought me another piece of jewelry. In the moment the $$ totally freaked me out. But was it worth destroying his glorious gesture of adoration and dream of doing something so grandiose for me? No. I've regretted it since the moment he walked back out of the jewelry store sans the earrings.

Sometimes it's not whether or not the food is worth the price or the characters add enough value. It's about the gesture from the heart. That's where the value is.

If we were at DL and some Mothers Day event was planned I guarantee my husband would pay $90 x 4. And I'd be biting my lip to keep from flipping out and making him cancel it. LOL!

FWiW, it took 6 years for the old man to buy me another diamond. I returned home from visiting my folks the week of my birthday a few years ago to another pair of beautiful diamond earrings. They came with a stern warning not to even think the receipt still existed. LOL! 2 years and I still do not know where they came from or how much they cost. That's pretty remarkable considering I'm the one who does our finances. I see where every dollar goes. That's one time I didn't. Whatever the cost was, it's worth it to have had that moment and the permanent reminder of how much that man o' mine adores me. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom