Disneyland has classic logo, why not WDW?

Exprcoofto

I've combined aspects of the present day logo into this new one. For instance, from the old logo you'll find the slogan "The vacation Kingdom of the World" which uses the "Where dreams come true" font, the Magic Kingdom/DL font, and the Florida Project font. Also from the old logo is the Mickey world in the background and the Florida Project font spelling out "World". The Walt Disney and the part of the slogan that uses the "Where dreams come true" font is the only component from the present day logo.

mn1gn5.png

(colors vary, it's just a concept)

EPCOT Explorer

I've combined aspects of the present day logo into this new one. For instance, from the old logo you'll find the slogan "The vacation Kingdom of the World" which uses the "Where dreams come true" font, the Magic Kingdom/DL font, and the Florida Project font. Also from the old logo is the Mickey world in the background and the Florida Project font spelling out "World". The Walt Disney and the part of the slogan that uses the "Where dreams come true" font is the only component from the present day logo.

mn1gn5.png

That's crazy. :lol: Very mashed up, but I like it.

lazyboy97o

The current logo looks like it should be on their corporate headquarters, not the sign that represents "the happiest place on earth".
"The Happiest Place on Earth" is Disneyland.

I guess I will be the first to say I do not like these. They are far too heavy on the right side. I think it also places an emphasis on the space between Disney and World, so that it reads as "Walt Disney | World Resort" instead of "Walt Disney World | Resort".

mn1gn5.png

Reminds me of the 2001 Georgia state flag. Trying to please everybody just does not work. It make for something that is far too busy. This is a logo with five different typefaces.

Exprcoofto

Guess I'm the only one who really likes my logo. :lol: Without the slogan, it isn't that bad. Adding the slogan it does make it seem a bit complex, however, I feel it looks really good.

SMRT-1

Original Poster

mn1gn5.png

nice job...i would try using the same font with both walt and world and have the disney signature in the middle. :wave:

Wilt Dasney

Guess I'm the only one who really likes my logo. :lol: Without the slogan, it isn't that bad. Adding the slogan it does make it seem a bit complex, however, I feel it looks really good.
No, I think you did a nice job. Limiting the old font to one word and sprucing it up with a brighter color (instead of the old black) helps it a lot IMO.

I still don't love it, but something like what you've done could allow it to be used in the current logo without looking ridiculous. Again, my opinion only. I know the old logo has a lot of fans here. :lol:

JLW11Hi

I think you mean retro and timeless! :D

Hehe, nice try! :)

Timeless would indicate that it works in any time period, regardless of current trends. Like the Coke logo.

The fact that the typeface seems so firmly rooted in the 70s makes it seem outdated, and therefore very cool looking on a purposely faded, brown tinted t-shirt. Like those nintendo shirts you can buy online.

But these are all just my opinions.

JLW11Hi

I honestly believe that if the original logo was kept you would not be thinking this way...Disney would find a way to make it more sleeker and or add clouds and a castle like some of the fan logos that were presented here. It's obvious both logos look dated...That is the point! To look into another time period and or one that never existed. The current logo looks like it should be on their corporate headquarters, not the sign that represents "the happiest place on earth".

But that's the thing, the old logo isn't being used today because tastes changed drastically since the 70s. I believe that a place like WDW should be represented by something with more of a flourish than with bold blocky letters. But I will say that the current Times New Roman "World" isn't saying much. I think the current logo seems bland, while the 70s logo just looks bad. ( IMO! :eek: ) If I had to choose, I'd take bland over bad.

I'll be honest, I am not a fan of design in the 70s. Graphic design, clothing, interior decorating, architecture, etc. So I'm biased. I mean, even that classic Disneyland logo had to be butchered by making the font red and placing it in front of a sinister looking yellow. Is that a logo for Disney or a poster for a horror movie??

JLW11Hi

Incidentally, the Coca-Cola typeface was nothing special when it was first drafted. If anything, it was cliche.

haha, really? That's funny.

But that just goes to show you how tastes change. It goes through fazes. In the midst of a lot of similar font types, I can see where the Coke font wouldn't stand out. But when the times start a-changin' and the company decides to stick with what it started, it probably looked old for a short while, but then very timeless and unique afterward. But I think the classic Coke logo still looks more interesting than the original WDW logo. It has a lot more flair.

SMRT-1

Original Poster
I'll be honest, I am not a fan of design in the 70s. Graphic design, clothing, interior decorating, architecture, etc. So I'm biased. I mean, even that classic Disneyland logo had to be butchered by making the font red and placing it in front of a sinister looking yellow. Is that a logo for Disney or a poster for a horror movie??

that's too bad...it was a great period for graphic design and really defined WDW for a long time. that style is still popular today...just go to any ikea store.

i am getting you are one of these people that would say...yea, the beatles were just ok.. without really appreciating or understanding what they did for music. but, that is way off topic. cheers for your opinion though!

JLW11Hi

that's too bad...it was a great period for graphic design and really defined WDW for a long time. that style is still popular today...just go to any ikea store.

i am getting you are one of these people that would say...yea, the beatles were just ok.. without really appreciating or understanding what they did for music. but, that is way off topic. cheers for your opinion though!

Haha! Not far off, my friend!

cheers for your opinion as well!

Wilt Dasney

Whatever he thinks of the Beatles, I agree that that red on yellow Disneyland poster just makes the eyes bleed. Disney did not churn out its best design work in the disco decade.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, kill the slogan, put THE and RESORT in the Florida Project type, so that Walt Disney stands out.

greggo1988

I think we should get a new logo for the 40th incorporating the original 'D' with the micket ears in the middle, however with different font as I think the 'old' font is now very dated and very 70's (which it was!!)

These are 2 logos I have done for an example:

WDWLogo2.jpg

WDWLogo1.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

I think we should get a new logo for the 40th incorporating the original 'D' with the micket ears in the middle, however with different font as I think the 'old' font is now very dated and very 70's (which it was!!)

These are 2 logos I have done for an example:

WDWLogo2.jpg

WDWLogo1.jpg

:eek::sohappy:

The first one! It's PERFECT!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom