Disneyland has classic logo, why not WDW?

SMRT-1

Original Poster
07-Disneyland-logo.jpg

wdwlogo.gif

It would be nice if they brought it back for the 40th... :D

EPCOT Explorer

Because ours, while nice, looks very much like it's stuck in the 70's. :lol:

Disneyland's is timeless. Though they attempted to change it in 2001.
disneyland_logo.gif

It failed. :lol:

But yes, I would love to see our 70's Logo return for the 40th.

WDW Vacationer

Because ours, while nice, looks very much like it's stuck in the 70's. :lol:

Disneyland's is timeless. Though they attempted to change it in 2001.
disneyland_logo.gif

It failed. :lol:

But yes, I would love to see our 70's Logo return for the 40th.
You really think so? I think it looks like today's contemporary styling.:shrug:

lazyboy97o

The biggest problem I have with the current logo is that the Disney script became far too ubiquitous. It robbed the individual offerings of their identities, and made them all a bit more visually bland in their graphic identities.

lazyboy97o

Fanboi angst killed it.:ROFLOL:

I quite agree, it's contemporary, but blandly so.

This...
07%20Disneyland%20logo%20GARA.png

...is timeless.

This?

disneyland_logo.gif

...No History in it. It was created in the 2000's. That's about it.
History is not what makes good design. According to this logic the 2001 logo would become good design if it was kept in use for a few decades.

fosse76

Seriously, you people need to stop living in the past. The original WDW logo is hideous. Just because it was the original doesn't make it good. And the original Disneyland logo is very dated. You guys constantly whine about attractions like Star Tours being modernized...well it was modern when it opened, so why not keep it that way? If the logo shouldn't be updated, why should attractions? Will some fail? Of course. And then they'll do something else.

captainkidd

Seriously, you people need to stop living in the past. The original WDW logo is hideous. Just because it was the original doesn't make it good. And the original Disneyland logo is very dated. You guys constantly whine about attractions like Star Tours being modernized...well it was modern when it opened, so why not keep it that way? If the logo shouldn't be updated, why should attractions? Will some fail? Of course. And then they'll do something else.

No coffee this morning?

Mr.EPCOT

It's funny this thread comes up, I just noticed recently that they continued the Magic Kingdom merchandise line with the classic, 'real' Walt Disney World logo.

I'd also like to point out that the classic Disneyland logo evolved over time, too. It was originally much more stylized. I could see Disney maybe bringing back our classic logo and updating it in a similar manner.

Never did I imagine that someone could be so wrong and so rude in so many ways.

Wilt Dasney

Yeah, I'm with the "leave it in the Nixon administration" crowd. It's a nice piece of nostalgia, but that block D and those hard black letters — it doesn't work. It looks like a relic of a time when having computer printouts was futuristic and modern. Which it is.

The Mickey eared globe, on the other hand, needn't be consigned to the dustbin. They could salvage that, at least.

cblodg

I would rather have DL go back to this.

OldDisneylandLogo.jpg

and WDW use this

FF%20LOGO.jpg

Very much agreed. I was going to say that either of the ones that say "Disneyland Resort" are way more current as it became a 'resort' when DCA opened. The classic one is the one that is posted above.

If the OP was referring to the non-script 'Disney' then yes I prefer the non-script 'Disney'. But the top old Disneyland logo will always be the classic for me.

Dads 2 Boys

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Fosse....you are my new favorite person here.......... :lol:

People.....just liked everything else in the universe.....change is inevitable and necessary! The old WDW logo was indeed hideous and the new one is more in tune with the times.

I can't figure out how so many of you want all the rides to never leave or change but complain in the same breath that they don't give you new stuff. MANY of the older rides were lame and tired and needed to be removed so WDW can stay current with society. Some are timeless and have to remain but not all moves are going to be home runs.

Mr.EPCOT

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Fosse....you are my new favorite person here.......... :lol:

People.....just liked everything else in the universe.....change is inevitable and necessary! The old WDW logo was indeed hideous and the new one is more in tune with the times.

I can't figure out how so many of you want all the rides to never leave or change but complain in the same breath that they don't give you new stuff. MANY of the older rides were lame and tired and needed to be removed so WDW can stay current with society. Some are timeless and have to remain but not all moves are going to be home runs.

Any good logo should try to graphically convey the product it represents. The classic logo is big and bold, suggesting the broad scope of the property and offerings, and also has plenty of curves, softening it to bring fun and relaxtion to mind. And, of course, the big D with the Mickey globe, very easily and obviously conveying 'Disney World.' It's unique, not similar to anything else the company has ever put out, yet at the same time is still blatantly Disney. The current logo doesn't convey anything other than this is just another division of the Disney media megaconglomerate. Just take the Walt Disney script and slap it together with some Times New Roman. Totally uncreative and boring. Whether the classic one is 'hideous' or 'outdated' is pure opinion. And since I seem to see just as many people in the parks wearing shirts and such with the old logo as the new one, it doesn't seem like it's a popular one, either.

And way to completely group all Disney enthusiasts in one stereotype. :rolleyes:

Wilt Dasney

Any good logo should try to graphically convey the product it represents. The classic logo is big and bold, suggesting the broad scope of the property and offerings, and also has plenty of curves, softening it to bring fun and relaxtion to mind. And, of course, the big D with the Mickey globe, very easily and obviously conveying 'Disney World.' It's unique, not similar to anything else the company has ever put out, yet at the same time is still blatantly Disney. The current logo doesn't convey anything other than this is just another division of the Disney media megaconglomerate. Just take the Walt Disney script and slap it together with some Times New Roman. Totally uncreative and boring. Whether the classic one is 'hideous' or 'outdated' is pure opinion. And since I seem to see just as many people in the parks wearing shirts and such with the old logo as the new one, it doesn't seem like it's a popular one, either.

And way to completely group all Disney enthusiasts in one stereotype. :rolleyes:
I still think the original should be retired (except on retro merch), but I agree that the "Disney[insert property here]®" format is all kinds of weak. I'd like to see a new logo for WDW that conveys the scope and uniqueness of the property like you say (and still uses that awesome Mickey globe somehow).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom