News Disneyland Forever returning June 7; Mickey's Mix Magic to end daily run June 6

lumberguy5

Celebrate America is Disneyland's best firework show.

The Disneyland Version is lacking next to WDW. Celebrate America with multiple launch sites at WDW is the best firework show that WDPR offers. Otherwise the Disneyland Forever + Celebrate America supershow is probably the best/most expensive show that DLR has run recently.

TrainsOfDisney

Honestly I think Happily Ever After is the new bar to rise beyond.

You’re welcome to think that but HEA is one of my least favorite castle shows. It has very little genuine heart. The only time it feels worthy of being a Disney Castle Show is at the end when tinker bell flys during “you can fly” - that part is perfect!

Only show that I would rate lower is hallowishes.

PiratesMansion

You’re welcome to think that but HEA is one of my least favorite castle shows. It has very little genuine heart. The only time it feels worthy of being a Disney Castle Show is at the end when tinker bell flys during “you can fly” - that part is perfect!

Only show that I would rate lower is hallowishes.
I don't know, I think that the way all of the disparate elements connect, the different IPs, the fireworks, the projections connect to each other combines to create something greater than the sum of its parts. I agree that the Tink flight is the strongest moment of the show, but I think there's more merit to it than that. I like that it's structured around the typical journey of the typical Disney protagonist. I feel it hangs together quite well, and that there is a heart at the center of it all.

If not, it at least has considerably more heart than Ignite the Dream. By magnitudes.

Were you more of a Wishes fan? That was a show that, although loved by many, fell totally flat for me. It probably didn't help that I'd seen Magical in person and Remember on video by the time I saw it live, but it just didn't connect in the same way.

TrainsOfDisney

Were you more of a Wishes fan?

I was. Admittedly I’m a Steve Davidson fan in general. I think the HEA projections detract from the show in several places, where as in Forever they always support the show, but don’t distract. HEA is too busy for me.... hearing cars race during a song from brave makes no sense to me for example. I like the show a lot more when I can’t see the projections well. Ha.

I wouldn’t say Wishes was the best show ever... but I felt it was lacking pyro budget more than heart. Where I feel the opposite of HEA.

NateD1226

Fantasy in the Sky, that Pixar one, and Mix Magic are the only firework shows that fall completely flat. Disneyland Forever isn't great, but it's solid. Magical's good. Remember is the best.
I liked Together Forever. Sure, it didn't really have a set storyline, but the projections and fireworks were amazing.

Last edited:

DrAlice

Quick question (I skimmed this thread, but didn't find the answer):

Did DL have actual fireworks during the week this summer? Or was pyro only on the weekends with projection shows during the week?

I'm asking because I'm in trip planning mode and we typically stay at a hotel where we can view fireworks from our room. BUT, if they aren't going to have them during the week (when we will visit), then that opens up other hotel options for us.

Thanks!

Darkbeer1

Quick question (I skimmed this thread, but didn't find the answer):

Did DL have actual fireworks during the week this summer? Or was pyro only on the weekends with projection shows during the week?

I'm asking because I'm in trip planning mode and we typically stay at a hotel where we can view fireworks from our room. BUT, if they aren't going to have them during the week (when we will visit), then that opens up other hotel options for us.

Thanks!

During Peak, seven days a week. I think it was early June until mid-August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom