Disneyland Dining Help

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Hi guys!

I am a Disney Worlder and I am visiting Disneyland for the first time in April, and me and my family are getting a head start on restaurants.

I defiantly want to do the Blue Bayou Restaurant, but other than that, I'm open to anything!

Any restaurant recommendations? In Disneyland, DCA or Downtown Disney?

Thanks in Advance!

GiveMeTheMusic

Hi guys!

I am a Disney Worlder and I am visiting Disneyland for the first time in April, and me and my family are getting a head start on restaurants.

I defiantly want to do the Blue Bayou Restaurant, but other than that, I'm open to anything!

Any restaurant recommendations? In Disneyland, DCA or Downtown Disney?

Thanks in Advance!

DLR isn’t table service oriented, so there are few places to make reservations. Blue Bayou has great atmosphere, so so food. Napa Rose is the premier restaurant on property.

Counter service is predominant in the parks and they are mostly superior to WDW. French Market, Paradise Garden Grill, Plaza Inn, Jolly Holiday Cafe, all solid choices.

Gaston's gal

I agree with getting the Matterhorn Macaroon. So yummy! If you want to splurge, get a reservation at Carthay Circle restaurant in CA. Smokejumpers Grill or Pacific Wharf in CA. At DL, get the Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans (make a reservation). If you want to eat in Downtown Disney District, I have always enjoyed Earl of Sandwich or Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria (another reservation). For snacks, my family loves to eat at each of the Cozy Cone Motel options. Enjoy!

Rich T

Be sure at some point to eat at Flo's in Cars Land and grab an outside patio table with a view of RS Racers. Interesting menu choices, good solid food... the amazing view makes it all worthwhile. Avoid the waffles at breakfast. If you happen to be a Cars fan, stroll through both wings of the indoor dining area for a lot of great, funny details related to Flo and Doc Hudson's careers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'd recommend Carthay Circle. And if you can handle it get the Carthay Diamond Manhattan, it comes with a solid ice sphere. Its a nice drink with a little something extra.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I'm also have the same question. Any qsfb options that are must dos at Disneyland? I know there aren't many table service restaurants.

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Okay, so I have my dining all planed out...

Saturday, April 28
Breakfast:
N/A
Lunch: N/A
Dinner: Dinner at Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel

Sunday, April 29 (Disneyland)
Breakfast:
Carnation Cafe (8:50)
Lunch: Rainforest Cafe (1:30) *Tradition- in Disney World we always eat lunch at Rainforest on our first day, Animal Kingdom*
Dinner: Blue Bayou with the Fantasmic Dining Package (6:30)

Monday, April 30 (Disney California Adventure)
Breakfast:
Surfs Up with Mickey & Friends (8:50)
Lunch: Wine Country Trattoria with the Paint the Night Dining Package (2:10)
Dinner: Flos V8 Cafe or Smoke Jumpers Grille, which every we feel like in the moment

Tuesday (Disneyland)
Breakfast
: Jolly Holiday
Lunch: Plaza Inn
Dinner: French Market

Wednesday doesn't count because our flight leaves at 11am, so we will have breakfast at the airport or our hotel.

Phroobar

The future sounds rough.
281t2m.jpg

SSG

This is starting:

Exciting New Eats at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort
by Alex Dunlap, Food & Beverage Content Relations Coordinator
In addition to all of the excitement that’s happening at the Disneyland Resort, the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are serving up some delicious new bites just for you! If you’re staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel or the Disneyland Hotel – or even just visiting one of these fabulous hotels – read on to find out about all of these new eats.

First up, I’ve got a special announcement about two new character dining experiences coming this summer to Storytellers Café at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and to Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.

At Storytellers Café, guests will join Mickey Mouse and his friends for Mickey’s Tales of Adventure. Discover the fun with your adventurous storyteller, Mickey, as he welcomes you into his immersive tales of adventure through his magical Adventurer’s Journal.

At Disney’s PCH Grill, guests can get in on all the beachy fun with Donald Duck’s Seaside Breakfast. Donald has finally been reunited with his heart-throb Daisy, and now you’ll be able to soak in those rays and catch some waves on the dance floor with Donald, Daisy, and Stitch as you chow down on an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast buffet.

Both of these experiences are coming this summer, which means reservations will be opening soon! Stay tuned for more information.
oikjiuhg76-613x345.jpg

Also at Storytellers Café, there are new exciting additions to the lunch and dinner menus, such as Avocado Toast. This new starter comes with crushed avocado, lemon-olive oil, parsley, celery leaves, quail eggs, and Espellete pepper on top of a slice of grilled sourdough bread. Or try the new Kale Salad with almonds, currants, Grana Padano, bacon-bread crumbs, and garlic vinaigrette.
edcefger32.jpg
thhtghgf34.jpg

You’ll also find new ‘Nduja Sausage and Margherita Artisanal Pizzas. The first comes topped with ‘nduja sausage, mushrooms, artichokes, and potatoes, while the Margherita Pizza comes topped with fresh mozzarella and basil. Both come with Grana Padano, fire-roasted tomatoes, and aged provolone cheese.
qwert43-613x345.jpg

iuytfdcv76.jpg
tyhedc3456.jpg

Specific to the dinner menu are the Chicken Paillard and the Braised Boneless Short Rib. The Chicken Paillard features a lightly-breaded chicken breast and comes with roasted potatoes and heirloom carrots and is topped with a lemon-caper sauce. The Braised Boneless Short Rib comes paired with mashed potatoes, creamy horseradish, and Brussels sprouts. Speaking of short rib, on the lunch menu is the Short Rib Grilled Cheese on sourdough bread with cheddar cheese and caramelized onions. And on the dessert menu for both meal periods is the sweet and scrumptious Vanilla Crème Brûlée with orange-vanilla biscotti and marinated raspberries.
All of these delicious items are just a few of the new menu additions at Storytellers Café. Check out the full menu to see more!
qqazedcrf43-613x345.jpg

At Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, a new Build-Your-Own Poke Bowl is available at Surfside Loungeand the Sand Bar! This popular and trendy dish comes with avocado, cucumber, and red and green onions. You can customize your bowl with your choice of base, protein, and sauce! Bases include white rice, brown rice, or romaine leaves and proteins include tuna, salmon, or tofu. All proteins are marinated in a savory ponzu sauce. And for the sauce topping, choose between spicy mayo, poke sauce, or wasabi. Each bowl is also garnished with seaweed wakame, tobiko caviar, fried onions, pickled ginger, bonito flakes, and sesame seeds. With so many different combinations, you might just have to come back for more!

Right next door at the Disneyland Hotel, Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar, Tangaroa Terrace, the Poolside Bar have updated their menus. You can now find the same delicious offerings at all three of these locations! One of these new items is the Island-Style Hot Dog – with ground pork and pineapple sausage in a pretzel bun and topped with whole-grain mustard, onion sauce, pickled carrots, daikon, and Fresno chiles. There’s also a Chicken Teriyaki Bowl featuring diced chicken breast on a bed of rice and vegetables and topped with teriyaki sauce and togarashi aïoli, wonton chips, and sesame seeds. Or try the Rongo Salad with shredded green papaya, fresh lettuce, marinated tofu, cucumber, gooseberries, rice noodles, and carrots tossed in a sesame-ginger vinaigrette.

And of course, there’s always the Pu Pu Platter if you can’t decide on just one! This platter has a little bit of everything with Sweet-and-Spicy Asian Wings, Fried Spring Rolls, Panko-Crusted Chinese Long Beans, Pork Gyoza, and Togarashi Aïoli.
With all three hotels dishing up great new food, there’s plenty to go around, so be sure to stop by and have a bite!

dweezil78

This is starting:

Exciting New Eats at the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort
by Alex Dunlap, Food & Beverage Content Relations Coordinator
In addition to all of the excitement that’s happening at the Disneyland Resort, the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort are serving up some delicious new bites just for you! If you’re staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel or the Disneyland Hotel – or even just visiting one of these fabulous hotels – read on to find out about all of these new eats.

First up, I’ve got a special announcement about two new character dining experiences coming this summer to Storytellers Café at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and to Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.

At Storytellers Café, guests will join Mickey Mouse and his friends for Mickey’s Tales of Adventure. Discover the fun with your adventurous storyteller, Mickey, as he welcomes you into his immersive tales of adventure through his magical Adventurer’s Journal.

At Disney’s PCH Grill, guests can get in on all the beachy fun with Donald Duck’s Seaside Breakfast. Donald has finally been reunited with his heart-throb Daisy, and now you’ll be able to soak in those rays and catch some waves on the dance floor with Donald, Daisy, and Stitch as you chow down on an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast buffet.

Both of these experiences are coming this summer, which means reservations will be opening soon! Stay tuned for more information.
oikjiuhg76-613x345.jpg

Also at Storytellers Café, there are new exciting additions to the lunch and dinner menus, such as Avocado Toast. This new starter comes with crushed avocado, lemon-olive oil, parsley, celery leaves, quail eggs, and Espellete pepper on top of a slice of grilled sourdough bread. Or try the new Kale Salad with almonds, currants, Grana Padano, bacon-bread crumbs, and garlic vinaigrette.
edcefger32.jpg
thhtghgf34.jpg

You’ll also find new ‘Nduja Sausage and Margherita Artisanal Pizzas. The first comes topped with ‘nduja sausage, mushrooms, artichokes, and potatoes, while the Margherita Pizza comes topped with fresh mozzarella and basil. Both come with Grana Padano, fire-roasted tomatoes, and aged provolone cheese.
qwert43-613x345.jpg

iuytfdcv76.jpg
tyhedc3456.jpg

Specific to the dinner menu are the Chicken Paillard and the Braised Boneless Short Rib. The Chicken Paillard features a lightly-breaded chicken breast and comes with roasted potatoes and heirloom carrots and is topped with a lemon-caper sauce. The Braised Boneless Short Rib comes paired with mashed potatoes, creamy horseradish, and Brussels sprouts. Speaking of short rib, on the lunch menu is the Short Rib Grilled Cheese on sourdough bread with cheddar cheese and caramelized onions. And on the dessert menu for both meal periods is the sweet and scrumptious Vanilla Crème Brûlée with orange-vanilla biscotti and marinated raspberries.
All of these delicious items are just a few of the new menu additions at Storytellers Café. Check out the full menu to see more!
qqazedcrf43-613x345.jpg

At Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, a new Build-Your-Own Poke Bowl is available at Surfside Loungeand the Sand Bar! This popular and trendy dish comes with avocado, cucumber, and red and green onions. You can customize your bowl with your choice of base, protein, and sauce! Bases include white rice, brown rice, or romaine leaves and proteins include tuna, salmon, or tofu. All proteins are marinated in a savory ponzu sauce. And for the sauce topping, choose between spicy mayo, poke sauce, or wasabi. Each bowl is also garnished with seaweed wakame, tobiko caviar, fried onions, pickled ginger, bonito flakes, and sesame seeds. With so many different combinations, you might just have to come back for more!

Right next door at the Disneyland Hotel, Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar, Tangaroa Terrace, the Poolside Bar have updated their menus. You can now find the same delicious offerings at all three of these locations! One of these new items is the Island-Style Hot Dog – with ground pork and pineapple sausage in a pretzel bun and topped with whole-grain mustard, onion sauce, pickled carrots, daikon, and Fresno chiles. There’s also a Chicken Teriyaki Bowl featuring diced chicken breast on a bed of rice and vegetables and topped with teriyaki sauce and togarashi aïoli, wonton chips, and sesame seeds. Or try the Rongo Salad with shredded green papaya, fresh lettuce, marinated tofu, cucumber, gooseberries, rice noodles, and carrots tossed in a sesame-ginger vinaigrette.

And of course, there’s always the Pu Pu Platter if you can’t decide on just one! This platter has a little bit of everything with Sweet-and-Spicy Asian Wings, Fried Spring Rolls, Panko-Crusted Chinese Long Beans, Pork Gyoza, and Togarashi Aïoli.
With all three hotels dishing up great new food, there’s plenty to go around, so be sure to stop by and have a bite!

The pizza and short rib sandwich at Storyteller's (most underrated restaurant on property IMO) look amazing in the pics. Will be curious to see if the real product even comes close.

dweezil78

Okay, so I have my dining all planed out...

Saturday, April 28
Breakfast:
N/A
Lunch: N/A
Dinner: Dinner at Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland Hotel

Sunday, April 29 (Disneyland)
Breakfast:
Carnation Cafe (8:50)
Lunch: Rainforest Cafe (1:30) *Tradition- in Disney World we always eat lunch at Rainforest on our first day, Animal Kingdom*
Dinner: Blue Bayou with the Fantasmic Dining Package (6:30)

Monday, April 30 (Disney California Adventure)
Breakfast:
Surfs Up with Mickey & Friends (8:50)
Lunch: Wine Country Trattoria with the Paint the Night Dining Package (2:10)
Dinner: Flos V8 Cafe or Smoke Jumpers Grille, which every we feel like in the moment

Tuesday (Disneyland)
Breakfast
: Jolly Holiday
Lunch: Plaza Inn
Dinner: French Market

Wednesday doesn't count because our flight leaves at 11am, so we will have breakfast at the airport or our hotel.

Good plans... I would maybe break that tradition for Disneyland though haha. I've never been to the Rainforest Cafe at DAK, but it's not very good out here IMO. Plus it's closing soon anyway, so it's not like you'll be able to carry on that tradition anyways!

I would also try to squeeze a lunch in at Carthay Circle somewhere if you could -- maybe swap out w/ Wine Country if you could which is kinda meh for table service.

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Good plans... I would maybe break that tradition for Disneyland though haha. I've never been to the Rainforest Cafe at DAK, but it's not very good out here IMO. Plus it's closing soon anyway, so it's not like you'll be able to carry on that tradition anyways!

I would also try to squeeze a lunch in at Carthay Circle somewhere if you could -- maybe swap out w/ Wine Country if you could which is kinda meh for table service.

We are considering switching Rainforest Cafe out for lunch at Red Rose Tavern, but aren't sure of that. As for Carthay Circle, we debated Carthay or Steakhouse 55 and decided on Steakhouse 55. No room for the budget of both of those, and we would like to do Steakhouse 55 more.

Stevek

We are considering switching Rainforest Cafe out for lunch at Red Rose Tavern, but aren't sure of that. As for Carthay Circle, we debated Carthay or Steakhouse 55 and decided on Steakhouse 55. No room for the budget of both of those, and we would like to do Steakhouse 55 more.

Not a fan of Rainforest and I'd go to Red Rose for the Grey Stuff alone. Carthay and Steakhouse 55 are both great choices, really more about food preferences. I lean toward Steakhouse 55 though...so friggin good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom