Disneyland Collectibles - Finding a Good Home?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
Hi everyone!

A very close friend of mine has come across some Disneyland collectibles whilst dealing with the estate of a family member, and I volunteered to help him figure out the best way to value and sell them to a collector who appreciates their rarity and special nature.

Most of the collection consists of old Disneyland Ticket Books dating from what appears the mid-60s. The most interesting to me is the Mr Lincoln ticket, which appears to be a pre-opening admission?

I’ve never seen one like that before.

4B043AAD-879D-4B27-A302-0730A259A576.jpeg

The last one, however, is incredibly unique. I don’t have the story behind it yet, but will post as soon as I know more. It appears to be a hand drawn Mickey, signed by Roy Disney.

7624E1D9-EA09-4590-932C-AA07545AEB20.jpeg

At first glance, the signature matches.

63A26BEE-20A2-438A-8FD6-86F8C70A752A.jpeg

If anyone has any experience valuing and selling items, I’d love some advice.

Thanks in advance!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The ticket books look interesting. I'm not an expert but I would guess that the Mickey wasn't drawn by Roy Disney, I don't think he drew at all. I would guess that Roy Williams, who was one of the adults on the original Mickey Mouse Club and animator, would be more likely have drawn and signed it. A quick internet search with my hunch about Roy Williams led me to this picture. I just Googled Roy Williams Disney and then clicked on images and this picture to George showed up.

1630244685920.png

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Original Poster
The ticket books look interesting. I'm not an expert but I would guess that the Mickey wasn't drawn by Roy Disney, I don't think he drew at all. I would guess that Roy Williams, who was one of the adults on the original Mickey Mouse Club and animator, would be more likely have drawn and signed it. A quick internet search with my hunch about Roy Williams led me to this picture. I just Googled Roy Williams Disney and then clicked on images and this picture to George showed up.

View attachment 583191
Wow! Great sleuth work!

Thanks a bunch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom