Disneyland Christmas 2019 or Bust

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
YAY!!

Excited that I just booked my family's 1st ever Disneyland Vacation. Multi-time WDW veteran but first time Disneyland vacationer. We will be staying from December 26th through December 31st. Getting 4 day park hopper tickets with maxpass.

I know that time of year the crowds will be nuts, especially with Galaxy's Edge opening as well. Planning to spend two days per park. Added on park hopper in case that helps.

Hardest part about this trip is the lack of over planning required as opposed to WDW lol. Really excited though.

Staying in Disneyland Hotel.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Lol

I know it will be crazy town, but that is why we took 4 days. We have the option to add a 5th if we need. That fifth day is a expendable travel day to San Diego.

Also, we aren't trying to see and do everything. We go to WDW often enough. We are prioritizing things that are unique to Disneyland first and Christmas season second.

Darkbeer1

You might want to switch your San Diego Day to Knott's, who does an awesome job celebrating Christmas with Knott's Merry Farm. Easy to get to with a quick bus ride between the two parks.

Alas, DCA doesn't do Christmas very well. So you might look at a more 3 day DL and one day at DCA.

Also remember Anaheim is a lot different than WDW. So think about going outside DLR for a meal or two.

Have a great trip.

BasiltheBatLord

Honestly I think people overrate the difficulty of doing the parks during the Christmas/end of year season. It's the most crowded time of the year for sure but it's still totally possible to get a majority if not all of the parks done, and even have fun doing it. You just have to be smart and use FP/MP effectively.

Although that being said, the degree to which Star Wars will change the game is of course unknown.

CaptainAmerica

Lol

I know it will be crazy town, but that is why we took 4 days. We have the option to add a 5th if we need. That fifth day is a expendable travel day to San Diego.

Also, we aren't trying to see and do everything. We go to WDW often enough. We are prioritizing things that are unique to Disneyland first and Christmas season second.
I just got back from six days during one of the slowest weeks of the year and barely felt like it was enough.

CaptainAmerica

Honestly I think people overrate the difficulty of doing the parks during the Christmas/end of year season. It's the most crowded time of the year for sure but it's still totally possible to get a majority if not all of the parks done, and even have fun doing it. You just have to be smart and use FP/MP effectively.

Although that being said, the degree to which Star Wars will change the game is of course unknown.
Even with MaxPass, FP is only available at a small fraction of attractions, including none (if I recall correctly) of Fantasyland besides Matterhorn.

BubbaQuest

I think the biggest thing will be figuring out dinner plans if there are specific restaurants you want to try. Usually you can easily get reservations a day or two in advance. However with the holiday crowds, expect that the parks will close their entry gates during the day because of capacity issues.

They used to allow people in if they could prove they had dinner reservations. I'm not sure if that is still the case. If you want to do Carthay Circle one night, make sure you are already in DCA that day. The same applies to Blue Bayou and Fantasmic. Don't assume you can head back to the hotel for a bit and return to the park. I don't think they guarantee entrance to the parks for hotel guests anymore.

CaptainAmerica

I'd like to here a review from you. I'm pretty sure you're a longtime WDW visitor and I'd be interested in your thoughts as a first time visitor.
Me, too! @CaptainAmerica, would you mind giving us a quick trip report (or just some of your thoughts on DLR)?

davis_unoxx

I visited December 22nd and 23rd this year, and it wasn't bad at all... Because most of the passholders blacked out. Quieter than when I went in the end of August in 2015.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I am really excited about the trip. We booked at the Disneyland Hotel since we could not get a Disney Vacation Club rental.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom