deleted

TP2000

I love that Disneyland still does something to celebrate it's smaller anniversary's.

I feel that it's the only Disney park worldwide that recognizes every birthday?

Agreed. They are classy that way. And I think the only property that does that every year.

I was in Tokyo Disneyland during an anniversary, and there was no ceremony or any public acknowledgement. But the gift shops had specific anniversary t-shirts for sale, which was odd.

Happy 62nd birthday Disneyland!

TP2000

I think the reason why the other parks don't really celebrate their birthday's is because they don't have a famous Walt speech to play over the PA system.

Did Roy do a speech for WDW that anyone knows about? (I'm sure there was something said, but what? WDW doesn't seem to acknowledge it anywhere.)

And who cares what Card Walker or Eisner said in Tokyo and Paris and Hong Kong? Shanghai?

Californian Elitist

I think the reason why the other parks don't really celebrate their birthday's is because they don't have a famous Walt speech to play over the PA system.

Did Roy do a speech for WDW that anyone knows about? (I'm sure there was something said, but what? WDW doesn't seem to acknowledge it anywhere.)

And who cares what Card Walker or Eisner said in Tokyo and Paris and Hong Kong? Shanghai?

I have the same theory. Disneyland is the only one who does this every year because of its status as the first Disney park and its connection to Walt Disney. For these reasons, I feel like it's expected that thebpark at least do something each year, even if it's just getting some characters together to sing "Happy Birthday."

Curious Constance

Plus I've known several people that make a special trip to DL just to be there on its birthday. How many people would do that for WDW or elsewhere? Or even know when it's birthday is?

wdrive

You wouldn't have to do anything with a speech. I don't feel that it would all be worthless just because an opening day speech isn't included in the festivities.

NiarrNDisney

Plus I've known several people that make a special trip to DL just to be there on its birthday. How many people would do that for WDW or elsewhere? Or even know when it's birthday is?

I know when Epcot and Magic Kingdom's Birthdays are (Oct. 1st 1971, 82) and if I lived in Orlando would gladly go there just to celebrate them every year!

I knew the years Animal Kingdom (98) and MGM Studios (89) opened but not the exact day ;)

75disney

I know when Epcot and Magic Kingdom's Birthdays are (Oct. 1st 1971, 82) and if I lived in Orlando would gladly go there just to celebrate them every year!

I knew the years Animal Kingdom (98) and MGM Studios (89) opened but not the exact day ;)
I have traveled to Disney World specifically to celebrate Disney World's 15th Anniversary!

VJ

July 17, 1955 (Disneyland) October 1, 1971 (Magic Kingdom) October 1, 1982 (Epcot) April 15, 1983 (Tokyo Disneyland) May 1, 1989 (Disney's Hollywood Studios) April 12, 1992 (Disneyland Paris) April 22, 1998 (Disney's Animal Kingdom) February 8, 2001 (Disney California Adventure) September 4, 2001 (Tokyo DisneySea) March 16, 2002 (Walt Disney Studios Park) September 12, 2005 (Hong Kong Disneyland) June 16, 2016 (Shanghai Disneyland)

There. Every Disney theme park in the world and their opening dates. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom