• Disneyland Victoria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • British Columbia Disneyland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jjparker17

Original Poster
Hey everyone! So as you may have seen I have been struggling to find a location for my dream Disney resort, however I think I have finally decided! The resort will be in Victoria, British Columbia in Canada. However, I have one issue... I don't know what to call it! I know other Disney resorts feature the capital or city in their name, but I am not sure what sounds best for this resort. If you could answer my poll so I can get a sense of everyone’s opinion that would be great.

My resort is home to three theme parks, a water park, a shopping centre and twenty hotels. The goal of this resort is to take classic and beloved elements from previous Disney Parks, update them and add new lands, attractions and entertainment that will hopefully become just as popular.

I hope you all enjoy what is to come. This is purely a blue sky idea and I know it will never happen but I just wanted to let my imagination soar. Please don’t be offended if I don’t use one of your suggestions, this is something that has been years in the making and I would like to keep it as close to my original vision as possible.

Thanks for the support these last few days and I can't wait to get started!

Magic Kingdom
“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. Here you will discover lands of Fantasy, Adventure and Technology. Magic Kingdom is dedicated to the young and the young at heart, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration for years to come.”

Magic Kingdom has 7 lands which you can read about by clicking on the links below:
Main Street USA
Castle Courtyard
Fantasy Faire
Enchanted Forest
Westernland
Jungle Oasis
Discovery Bay
Digital City

Hollywood Studios

Hollywood Studios has 8 lands which you can read about by clicking on the links below:
Hollywood Boulevard
Toontown
Muppet Studios
Pixar Place
Avengers Campus

Last edited:

jjparker17

Original Poster
For Canada I would say Disney Kingdom as well. Unless it’s sister resort is in Toronto. Plus with the weather the resort could be indoors.
I do like Disney Kingdom, if I wanted to go down the route that Walt Disney World took. One of the main reasons I actually chose Victoria is because it is one of the few places in Canada that has consistent weather. It actually has an average daily max winter temperature of 8.8 C in comparison to Toronto's 0.6 C.

Heppenheimer

As much as I like the sound of Disneyland Victoria, it needs a name with more widespread recognition. Hence, I went with British Columbia...

...but I think Disneyland Vancouver would be even better. This gives much better name recognition, kind of like Disneyland Paris is actually rather far from the city of its namesake. And putting it in Victoria but calling it Disneyland Vancouver technically wouldn't be inaccurate, because the locations is still Vancouver Island.

Heppenheimer

So it would still work as a indoor resort?
I like the idea for the location, because the climate is actually very mild. Moreso than the location of any other Disney resort, unless you're one of those Floridians who finds 45 degree temps freezing or an Arizonian who thinks they will melt in a drop of rain. It rains frequently, but not heavily like the daily deluge in Florida. If Disney can operate year-round parks in Tokyo and northern France, the climate of Victoria will pose no problem.

One suggestion for the waterpark. Victoria does have a mild climate, but not exactly the warm summers you might need to make a Disney-designed waterpark viable. Look to the example of some of Germany's partially indoor/partially outdoor waterparks, like Therme Erding near Munich, Tropical Islands near Berlin or Krystal Palm Beach near Nuremburg.

jjparker17

Original Poster
As much as I like the sound of Disneyland Victoria, it needs a name with more widespread recognition. Hence, I went with British Columbia...

...but I think Disneyland Vancouver would be even better. This gives much better name recognition, kind of like Disneyland Paris is actually rather far from the city of its namesake. And putting it in Victoria but calling it Disneyland Vancouver technically wouldn't be inaccurate, because the locations is still Vancouver Island.
Thank you for the help! I don't actually know a lot about the area so your info on where it is located and what it could be called is really helpful. I'll add Disneyland Vancouver to the poll now.

Last edited:

jjparker17

Original Poster
I like the idea for the location, because the climate is actually very mild. Moreso than the location of any other Disney resort, unless you're one of those Floridians who finds 45 degree temps freezing or an Arizonian who thinks they will melt in a drop of rain. It rains frequently, but not heavily like the daily deluge in Florida. If Disney can operate year-round parks in Tokyo and northern France, the climate of Victoria will pose no problem.

One suggestion for the waterpark. Victoria does have a mild climate, but not exactly the warm summers you might need to make a Disney-designed waterpark viable. Look to the example of some of Germany's partially indoor/partially outdoor waterparks, like Therme Erding near Munich, Tropical Islands near Berlin or Krystal Palm Beach near Nuremburg.
Yeah that was my thoughts entirely with choosing the location.
Also, for the waterpark (or waterparks), I have another poll I would like to do on potential themes and a few of them would suit being indoors. The concept of a partially indoor and outdoor waterpark is very interesting, I'll have a look into the parks you suggested.

jjparker17

Original Poster
The reason why of the indoors was because of the water attractions in Disneyland Victoria like Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Pirates, and It’s a Small World.
Can you please stop commenting on what my resort should be before I have even posted anything! You don't what know what attractions I have in store so please can you stop presuming for example that I will have It's a Small World. It feels a lot like you are trying to force me to change my whole resort into what you want it to be. This isn't a collaboration. When I want some feedback, I will ask. If you desperately want someone to have an indoor theme park then write a thread and create your own. As I said above I have been planning this resort for years and am not going to change it.

jjparker17

Original Poster
The park we are going to go through first is Magic Kingdom, which has 7 lands. I will reveal each of these lands one by one. We will start with the classic Main Street USA. Some of you may be confused why I have chosen an American themed land instead of something relating to Canada however I feel that Main Street USA is a tribute to Walt Disney and his life so I felt it would only be fitting.

Main Street USA
Enter a turn of the 20th century, small, American town with its midwestern charm and cosy feel. Visit the shops, eat at the restaurants and take a ride on the famous Walt Disney railroad.

Main Street Train Station.jpg

At the Main Street train station, guests can board one of the three steam powered trains for a 1½ mile trek around the Magic Kingdom. The trains, "Lily Belle", "Roy O. Disney" and "Walter E. Disney", are all authentic steam engines. This 20-minute journey is a slow, but relaxing way to travel around the park.

Town Square Theatre.jpg

One Man's Dream
As you pass under the Main Street Railroad station, you'll find the Town Square Theatre on your right. Inside of this building is the One Man’s Dream exhibit, featuring artifacts from Walt Disney's life and taking you through from the history of the company he founded.

Fire Station.jpg

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
Across the street, in the Fire Station, guests can take part in an interactive game called Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Once guests purchase their own wand, they can head out on a quest to become an apprentice of the wizard Merlin and battle various villains as they try to take over the Magic Kingdom.

City Hall.jpg

Guest Relations
Next door to this is City Hall which contains the Guest Relations lobby, where cast members provide information and assistance.

Flagpole.jpg

The Flagpole
In the centre of Town Square is a lovely garden surrounding a giant flagpole, celebrating patriotism and the spirit of America. Here guests can meet the big cheese himself, Mickey Mouse, getting the perfect picture with the Royal Castle in the background.

Main Street Vehicles.png

Main Street Vehicles and Dapper Dans
You can also board a vintage horse-drawn trolley, omnibus, jitney or fire engine and enjoy the view as you are driven from one end of Main Street, U.S.A. to the other. You may even see them being used in the Main Street Trolley Show in which citizens of Main Street perform a three minute number full of music and dance. In addition to this, you can catch the Dapper Dans, a barbershop quartet, performing multiple times throughout the day.

Dining.png

Walt's, Casey's Corner, Ice Cream Parlour, Jolly Holiday Bakery and Market House Deli
Hungry guests will find several choices along and close to Main Street. Walt’s is a sophisticated table service restaurant featuring authentic American food or for fast food, Casey's Corner offers hot dogs and fries. Snacks and beverages can be found at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour, the Jolly Holiday Bakery, and the Market House Deli.

Characters.png

Meet and Greets
Alongside Mickey at the flagpole, other characters that meet on Main Street USA include Chip and Dale in Town Square Gardens and Mary Poppins and Bert outside of Crystal Arts.

Magic Happens Floats.png

Magical Wishes Parade
"The most fantastic, magical things can happen and it all starts with a wish"
During the day, the Magical Wishes Parade celebrates awe-inspiring moments of magic—both large and small—that are at the heart of so many Disney stories. This spectacular features stunning floats, beautiful costumes, and over 30 beloved Disney characters.
Float 1 – Sleeping Beauty
Float 2 – Sword in the Stone
Float 3 – Cinderella
Float 4 – Princess and the Frog
Float 5 – Pinocchio
Float 6 – Frozen
Float 7 – Aladdin
Float 8 – Mary Poppins/Peter Pan
Float 9 – Mickey & Friends

Dreamlights.jpg

Light Up the Night Parade
Then when night falls, Light Up the Night, a new-age version of the classic night-time parade, lights up Main Street with dazzling displays of light-bathed floats and performers. Using sophisticated smart tech that allows a wide palette of hues and remarkable precision, it's one jaw-dropping moment after another.
Float 1 – Blue Fairy
Float 2 – Tinkerbell
Float 3 – Alice in Wonderland
Float 4 – The Little Mermaid
Float 5 – Beauty and the Beast
Float 6 – Genie
Float 7 – Tangled
Float 8 – Frozen
Floats 9, 10 & 11 – Mickey & Friends

OVERVIEW
Attractions
The ‘One Man’s Dream’ Exhibit
Walt Disney Railroad
Main Street Vehicles

Entertainment
The Dapper Dans
Main Street Trolley Show
Magic Happens Parade
Dreamlights Parade

Dining
Jolly Holiday Bakery (Counter Service)
Casey’s Corner (Counter Service)
Plaza Ice Cream Parlour (Counter Service)
Walt’s (Table Service)
Market House Deli (Counter Service)

Shops
The Confectionary
Emporium
Disney & Co.
Lily’s Boutique
Uptown Jewellers
Crystal Arts

Meet and Greets
Mickey
Chip and Dale
Mary Poppins and Bert

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

This is great. You gotten a name for the square area were the Haunted Mansion is, and the riverboat in Frontierland because I could loan you a name I used before. If you want to.

Heppenheimer

I'm wondering why it can't be Main Street Canada? It can still be a tribute to Walt's family, because his father was born there. And some of the small towns I've driven through in Ontario look more like a Disney Main Street than any current locale in the actual USA. Particularly Niagara-on-the-Lake.

jjparker17

Original Poster
I'm wondering why it can't be Main Street Canada? It can still be a tribute to Walt's family, because his father was born there. And some of the small towns I've driven through in Ontario look more like a Disney Main Street than any current locale in the actual USA. Particularly Niagara-on-the-Lake.
It very well could be Canadian themed however I just feel that the USA is more fitting with Walt's life and his love for his country. As you can see from the One Man's Dream exhibit, I really want to honour Walt with this area, and not just replace it with more Disney characters (cough Shanghai cough). I think this would be a similar situation to how Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland have Main Streets that are different but still have the same feel.

Heppenheimer

Well, you'd better at least put a Tim Horton's on your Main Street, otherwise you'll have a lot of irate Canadians! This would be a mistake on the order of Disneyland Paris not serving wine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom