Disneyland Brazil Resort - An SAU Original

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
2018-04-18.jpg

Touted as a combination of some of the best elements of Disney Resorts, the height and scale of the Contemporary combined with the elegance of the Grand Floridian, Disney's Victoriano Resort & Spa has European Victorian flavors mixed with modern accommodations. With 2 signature dining options, 3 pools, a putting green, and various levels of rooms including honeymoon suites, this is the flagship hotel destination of the Disneyland Brazil Resort.
41.JPG

2229013385479600011%253Faccount_id%253D9

And due to the success of Team Brava's and Team Castle's DVC Resorts with their international prestige, Disneyland Brazil Resort will be getting a future Disney Vacation Club expansion at Disney's Victoriano Resort & Spa as well!

34.png

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Credits

Original Disneyland Brazil Resort Project
airlogo-jpg.73020

Team Air - The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition
englanddg, tcool123, Voxel, MonorailRed, and Twilight_Roxas

The genesis of this Stanza came from looking back through the past finale. Red had mentioned her disappointment that the final project because it felt rushed and incomplete. And when the idea was presented to tcool123, he agreed as well that the idea had so much potential to be a great resort.

With that said, some of the positive and complete aspects of the original design have been carried over into Stanza IV, primarily, the Downtown Disney section written by tcool123, and a majority of the Frontierland section written by MonorailRed. In addition, the location and general premise of a high-speed rail connection between two major city hubs, monorail, as well as the Disney Cruise Line Port, have all remained in tact from the original design.

Some major expansions on the ideas derived from the completion of lands such as Fantasyland, and the inclusion of smaller unique lands such as Muppets Land. In addition, the original map seen after the original project was submitted, wasn't finished leaving the areas up to interpretation, and actually leaving out Adventureland which also sparked the imagination to come up with this challenge.

Now, with renovations and expansions on the original ideas, the task is up to you to complete the Disneyland Brazil Parque with Adventureland!
brazildisneylandmap.jpg

Suchomimus

mickeyfan5534

And it was such a great show rivaling Happily Ever After...and I remember Red doing like 4 or 5 different edits on the video - so definitely worthy of being in Brazil! :)
I'm still so extremely and wonderfully proud of that final pre-Red draft (that sounded shady. I'm not being shady here Red, that edit was phenomenal). To this day I think of it to me what Walt thought of Cinderella.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I will be adding some more details to this as we go -- for instance the scale of the park so it helps give a reference point.

To give the scale of Disneyland Brazil in this scenario -- it was designed to be roughly the same size as Disneyland Paris (126 acres)

And you're essentially working with the same size and park location of Frontierland in Disneyland Paris as seen below
brazildisneylandmap.jpg

0.011.jpg

As an additional note - you may use the backstage area beyond the railroad line around Disneyland Brazil for attraction show buildings (unlike DLP's Frontierland area there's room for that in the bottom left corner of Brazil for your Adventureland) similar to the format of Pirates of the Caribbean in the Magic Kingdom for example. That's also why the circle on the DLP image above is a bit larger to show the backstage area you can use. Feel free to do that!

----------
Last note for now, since this was a question last night - realism in this project will be graded on 'common sense' realism - meaning...

For example...maybe don't put 5 E-Tickets in Adventureland? Understand the general 'ticket' limits of lands so to speak. It's good to have a mix of everything and not go too overboard, potentially saturating the project.

Have a focus and a vision first and foremost! And have your designs/experiences flow from that overarching vision.
-------

In addition, realism will be also determined by "how well the land transitions into the surrounding lands of the Castle Gardens and Frontierland."

For instance, since there's a Haunted Mansion in Disneyland Brazil's Frontierland, don't have a jungle Haunted Mansion in Adventureland? Things like that - know your surroundings and think as a guest walking through the park whether the transitions would feel abrupt or flow nicely.

But other than that this is more of an open canvas, blue sky project!

You're given a completely blank slate location to fill in with your brilliant ideas and innovative imagineering and can't wait to see what you do! :D

I can also answer any questions on specifics here or in the PMs -- a great start this Stazna I'm very happy for everyone!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Ticket Breakdown
Disneyland Brazil Parque

* Please note that ticket designations are subjective at times -- so take it with a grain of salt. The breakdown is primarily geared to help you get your bearings and see that there is a variety of attractions in the lands of Disneyland Brazil.
brazildisneylandmap.jpg
Key
TS = Table Service Restaurant
QS = Quick Service
S = Shop
M&G = Meet & Greet
WT = Walk-Through
------------------

Main Street U.S.A.
1 - Main Street Station (Disneyland Railroad) A-Ticket (Transportation)
2 - Chamber of Commerce
3 - Town Hall
4 - 50s Prime Time Cafe - TS
5 - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater - TS
6 - Club 32 - TS
7 - Gardens Plaza - QS
8 - Main Street Bakery (Starbucks) - QS
9 - Emporium - S
10 - Goofy Candy Co - S
11 - Main Street Theater
12 - Soda Fountain - S
13 - Penny Arcade Games

Totals
1 A-Ticket
3 Table Service
2 Quick Service
3 Shops

Toontown Fair
14 - Mickey's House - WT/M&G
15 - Minnie's House - WT/M&G
16 - Goofy's Sky School (C-Ticket)
17 - Chip & Dale's Treehouse - WT
18 - Donald's Boat - WT/M&G
19 - Hewie, Dewey, and Louie's Caravan of Fun - S
20 - Daisy's Diner - QS
21 - Mickey and Minnie's Country Picnic - QS
22 - 5 & Dime Store - S
23 - Pete's Garage - S/M&G

Totals
1 C-Ticket
4 Walk Throughs
4 Meet & Greets
2 Quick Service
3 Shops

Muppets Land
24 - The Muppeteers (D-Ticket)
25 - Muppet*Vision 3D (C-Ticket)
26 - Gonzo's Chicken Carousel (B-Ticket)
27 - Henson's Revue - TS

Totals
1 D-Ticket
1 C-Ticket
1 B-Ticket
1 Table Service

Tomorrowland
28 - Tron Lightcycle Grid Arena (E-Ticket)
29 - Ralph Wrecks The Speedway (D-Ticket)
30 - Rocket to Xanadu (C-Ticket)
31 - Axiom Theater (C-Ticket)
32 - Galactic Orbit (B-Ticket)
33 - Disneyland Railroad Tomorrowland Station
34 - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - QS
35 - Perfect Park Acres - QS

Totals
1 E-Ticket
1 D-Ticket
2 C-Tickets
1 B-Ticket
2 Quick Service

Fantasyland
36 - Belle's Castle - WT
37 - Snow White and the Magic Mirror (C-Ticket)
38 - Cinderella's Carousel (B-Ticket)
39 - Cinderella's Chateau - WT/M&G
40 - Pooh's Hunny Hunt (E-Ticket)
41 - Dumbo The Flying Elephant (B-Ticket)
42 - Peter Pan's Flight (C-Ticket)
43 - Neverland Play-Area
44 - Through the Rabbit Hole (D-Ticket)
45 - Mad Tea Cups (B-Ticket)
46 - it's a small world (E-Ticket)
47 - Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (D-Ticket)
48 - Frozen Mountain (E-Ticket)
49 - Olaf's Summer Chateau - QS/S/M&G
50 - Mad Hatter's Tea Party - QS
51 - Cheshire Delights - QS
52 - Hundred Acre Goods - S
53 - Mickey and the Beanstalk - S
54 - The Princess Royal Tea Table - TS

Totals
3 E-Tickets
2 D-Tickets
2 C-Tickets
3 B-Tickets
2 Walk-Through
1 Play Area
1 Table Service
3 Quick Service
3 Shops

Frontierland
55 - Splash Mountain (E-Ticket)
56 - Yellowstone Wilderness Railroad (C-Ticket)
57 - Western Tram Expedition (E-Ticket)
58 - The Haunted Mansion (D-Ticket)
59 - Country Bear Jamboree (C-Ticket)
60 - Paul Bunyan's Ox Roundup (B-Ticket)
61 - National Park Canoes (A-Ticket)
62 - Fort Wilderness - TS
63 - Disneyland Railroad Frontierland Station
64 - Splashin' Place Play Area
65 - Rainbow Ridge - QS/S
66 - Memento Mori - S

Totals
2 E-Tickets
1 D-Ticket
2 C-Ticket
1 B-Ticket
1 A-Ticket
1 Table Service
1 Quick Service
1 Play Area
2 Shops

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
What is YWRR supposed to be? A roller coaster, or this park’s version of Mine Train Through Nature’s Wonderland?
0VV9CVv.jpg

Connected inside the Thunder Mesa Mountain Range, is the Yellowstone Wilderness Railroad. A spin on the classic Nature's Wonderland Railroad, this slow moving train ride goes through the mountain range, visiting the beautiful sites and sounds from Thunder Mesa and Rainbow Ridge.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Do you guys know if is there some thread where we can find the definition of the ride's categories? I'd like to learn a little bit more about it. Tks!
This is a good quick video on the ticket origin!

Nowadays -- while tickets aren't used, they are used in imagineering and among fans to designate the levels of attractions with A-Tickets being more simple attractions and then E-Tickets being the biggest and most expensive in the park

The reason why I had mentioned the tickets being subjective is for instance the Country Bear Jamboree when it opened in 1971 at WDW used to be an 'E'-Ticket. By today's standards...it probably wouldn't be an E-Ticket in my opinion..that designation would be more for things like Tower of Terror, Flight of Passage, Radiator Springs Racers, etc.

And since Tickets aren't in use today, what one person views as an 'E-Ticket' may differ depending on personal tastes. But the general trend of smaller rides being A/B...medium to large attractions being C/D following the trajectory up to E remains the same to help give a reference point to the variety of attraction 'types' in a land!

Hope that helps!

WowFactor

This is a good quick video on the ticket origin!

Nowadays -- while tickets aren't used, they are used in imagineering and among fans to designate the levels of attractions with A-Tickets being more simple attractions and then E-Tickets being the biggest and most expensive in the park

The reason why I had mentioned the tickets being subjective is for instance the Country Bear Jamboree when it opened in 1971 at WDW used to be an 'E'-Ticket. By today's standards...it probably wouldn't be an E-Ticket in my opinion..that designation would be more for things like Tower of Terror, Flight of Passage, Radiator Springs Racers, etc.

And since Tickets aren't in use today, what one person views as an 'E-Ticket' may differ depending on personal tastes. But the general trend of smaller rides being A/B...medium to large attractions being C/D following the trajectory up to E remains the same to help give a reference point to the variety of attraction 'types' in a land!

Hope that helps!

Wow, that helped a lot!:D:D:D
Thank you @spacemt354.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom