Disneyland App help

Heppenheimer

Original Poster
Is it possible to link accounts with the Disneyland app, like for MyDisneyExperience at Disney World? If so, how? I have the tickets and our credit card info loaded on the app on my phone, but I want it to link it to the app on my wife's phone as well.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
As far as I know, Disneyland tickets are only connected to the Disney account they are purchased from. I've never seen an option to link two or more accounts together to share resources (tickets, reservations, photopasses, etc.). I see no reason why you can't connect a credit card to multiple accounts though. The only way to have access to your tickets from two phones is to have both phones connect to the same Disney account login....which I'm only assuming is possible since I've never tried it.

Edit: I forgot you can scan tickets into the app and didn't know tickets can be scanned into multiple accounts. Learn something new every day!

Last edited:

wowsmom

My husband, son and I all have Disney accounts with our own sign-ins but we have each other's APs scanned into each account, so any of us can book our MaxPasses when we're all in the parks. You just have to scan the ticket/AP or enter the barcode.

Heppenheimer

Original Poster
OK, now I get it. I had scanned the tickets onto my phone app. All my wife needed to do was scan them as well.

This is quite a bit different from the MyDisneyExperience app, but I guess because you can't book fastpasses in advanced at Disneyland, there's less need to have everyone tightly linked on the same account. We probably won't upgrade to Maxpass anyway (unless someone here can make a really persuasive argument).

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
We probably won't upgrade to Maxpass anyway (unless someone here can make a really persuasive argument).
It depends on how busy it is and if the price is worth not walking around the park to grab your Fastpasses. For me, I like how if I'm eligible for my next FP and I'm stuck in a line somewhere I can book it right away and not have to wait until I'm off the ride and walk over to the machine (especially if it's on the other side of the park). If you're at the parks all day I think it can get you on more attractions and save a couple of miles worth of walking. YMMV (literally).

truecoat

OK, now I get it. I had scanned the tickets onto my phone app. All my wife needed to do was scan them as well.

This is quite a bit different from the MyDisneyExperience app, but I guess because you can't book fastpasses in advanced at Disneyland, there's less need to have everyone tightly linked on the same account. We probably won't upgrade to Maxpass anyway (unless someone here can make a really persuasive argument).

If you have park hoppers would be one reason. For example, reserving Space Mountain while in line for RSR. Another reason is for the photopass. Having pictures from any of the meet and greets, rides or picture spots show up in your Disneyland app usually very quickly is nice and you can download them later.

beachlover4444

Is it possible to link accounts with the Disneyland app, like for MyDisneyExperience at Disney World? If so, how? I have the tickets and our credit card info loaded on the app on my phone, but I want it to link it to the app on my wife's phone as well.
it does work different from WDW we found out. Also they were glad I did my husband and my tickets together so we didnt have the hassle of trying to make sure our max pass were coming up together. Im not great at smart phones but i loaded the DL app, my ticket bar codes were there (they give you paper tickets as back up). We would hit maxpass pick the attraction and when arriving at attraction just stick the phone in the machine and ding we were in. it was very very easy. and you can see wait times on the app.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom