News Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Ticket Price Increases

kevlightyear

As a programmer, I like 0. Everything is counted and starts from 0 in the coding-world lol.

But yeah, for user-facing naming conventions, definitely weird choice.
Yep, programmer here too. They can only use that trick once, though.

Unless...*looks into crystal ball*

"Our Tiers now stop at 5, that's lower than before!"
The actual tiers:
Tier -3: $104
Tier -2: $114
Tier -1: $129
Tier 0: $144
Tier 1: $159
Tier 2: $169
Tier 3: $179
Tier 4: $189
Tier 5: $199

Phroobar

It's about maximizing profit per day. Reservations allow for crowd control regardless of price. Big difference.
But how much crowd control is actually being done? With or without reservations, they are going to let in the maximum occupancy the fire department allows. All it does is controls how many undesirables they let in for backfill.

el_super

It's about maximizing profit per day. Reservations allow for crowd control regardless of price. Big difference.

They are both tools to correct for excessive demand, but other than that they aren't really connected. Raising prices because you are hitting capacity, or trying to increase demand on certain days thru pricing, doesn't invalidate setting the limits via reservation. They are still there and still exist.

el_super

These price increases are insulting, given the maintenance and staffing issues.

Not really. When I think about it, I would rather have less people in the park than a working boulder on Indy. Individual effects are a rather insignificant part of the overall experience. That's why people keep going year after year.

CaptinEO

They are both tools to correct for excessive demand, but other than that they aren't really connected. Raising prices because you are hitting capacity, or trying to increase demand on certain days thru pricing, doesn't invalidate setting the limits via reservation. They are still there and still exist.
Absolutely.

mightynine

These price increases are insulting, given the maintenance and staffing issues.

Not really. When I think about it, I would rather have less people in the park than a working boulder on Indy. Individual effects are a rather insignificant part of the overall experience. That's why people keep going year after year.

I am always amazed to find the hoops people will jump through to justify this company literally charging you more for less.

That said, the latest increases are giving me pause to my plans to visit DL in 2023.

At least I have Costco Travel, so I'm looking at offers that include a Disney Gift Card that would likely cover counter service meals.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Yes really. I know you’re okay with paying to experience broken things in the park, but I’m not.

mickEblu

I mean sure if you told me today that 30% of the people would disappear at Disneyland but the boulder would never work again I’d probably take that deal but that’s not reality. And while individual effects not working are insignificant they become significant when they start to accumulate. Also I’d argue the boulder is one of the more if not the most significant individual effect at the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom