News Disneyland After Dark Announces Second Star Wars-Themed Celebration on May 9

VJ

Original Poster
The Disney Parks Blog has announced that "due to unprecedented demand", a second Star Wars Nite will be held on May 9.

TROR

The people who do these events are real suckers and should be laughed at, but it doesn't effect my actual experience to the parks so I can't really complain. Although I do feel sorry for people who already have plans for that day and now they get shorter hours to be in the parks.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Totally fine with it and happy for people who are going, as long as two conditions are met

1. I don't see any trace of Hyperspace / it making a return during normal operating hours
2. THEY FIX THE STAR TUNNEL AT SPACE MOUNTAIN AFTER HYPERSPACE IS DONE

Stevek

They could probably do 5 of these nights....I'm betting they do at least that many once SW:GE opens up.

TragicMike

The people who do these events are real suckers and should be laughed at, but it doesn't effect my actual experience to the parks so I can't really complain. Although I do feel sorry for people who already have plans for that day and now they get shorter hours to be in the parks.
I dodged a bullet, I'm going the 10th lol

Phroobar

I tried to get tickets to the first one. It sold out as quickly as a Run Disney event.
Hense the problem with Disneyana. There is too much of a market for stupid things like this. We (as in everyone that does this) is to blame for the current state of the parks.

TP2000

It blows my mind that the majority of these ticket buyers are most likely APs.

You're right Hans, more blame should be pointed towards people who gobble up the garbage that Disney dishes out.

It's brilliant that TDA has figured out a way to sell a ticket a second time to a huge population that already bought tickets to the exact same place.

But when you think about it, it starts to get creepy. These are grown adults who just want to dress up like Halloween because they can't wait until October. They want to promenade around and get attention, trying to get Instagram fame and commentary from strangers. Then TDA can sell "exclusive" t-shirts and chunks of plastic all made in China during the event, and the people clamor for them and buy everything they can get their hands on.

It really is brilliant. And yet it gets really troubling when you stop and think about it.

Old Mouseketeer

It's brilliant that TDA has figured out a way to sell a ticket a second time to a huge population that already bought tickets to the exact same place.

But when you think about it, it starts to get creepy. These are grown adults who just want to dress up like Halloween because they can't wait until October. They want to promenade around and get attention, trying to get Instagram fame and commentary from strangers. Then TDA can sell "exclusive" t-shirts and chunks of plastic all made in China during the event, and the people clamor for them and buy everything they can get their hands on.

It really is brilliant. And yet it gets really troubling when you stop and think about it.

I agree up to a point. But people go because they enjoy it. It's a marketing ploy to create something rare and special (like diamonds and the Olympics--two of the greatest hoaxes of the 20th century). But these special events get more expensive and deliver less in terms of real product with every passing year. Of course, Walt himself was not immune. Hell, he counted the speedramps up to the monorail as an attraction, along with each SFDLRR and Skyway station and every mode of Main St. transportation. I wonder if he would have counted each Innoventions exhibit as an attraction. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom