News Disneyland Adds Alcohol to Blue Bayou Menu

Anjin

Original Poster
The Blue Bayou will not reopen with the rest of the park on April 30, due in part to state-mandated capacity restrictions on indoor attractions. But when the restaurant reopens on the banks of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, its menu will feature beer, wine, and a New Orleans favorite - the Hurricane cocktail.
If they're going to do it, the Blue Bayou is the right place.

Last edited:

SSG

From D23

Disneyland Resort

Blue Bayou Restaurant in Disneyland Park

Next time you want to relax along the bayou for a delicious dinner while the Pirates of the Caribbean boats float on by, you’ll be able to enjoy a whole new way to be refreshed. The Blue Bayou Restaurant will soon be offering new drinks to complement the menu and theme of the restaurant, with beverages such as wine, beer, and a specialty Hurricane Cocktail—a New Orleans staple! Or, you may want to try the new celebration sparkling wine package. Soon, you’ll be able to pair them with the restaurant’s delicious menu items, like the popular Surf and Turf. Also, keep an eye out for new, seasonal takes on the Mint Julep non-alcoholic beverage.

BayouShack

Rephrasing something I said in the misc. thread.

No way they’re stopping at Bayou. I’d be surprised if they stop once all the TSRs serve booze. Not sure on the precedent at WDW MK for QSR.

Could add more TSR-like locations to serve booze on the east side of the park (like a beer garden in the Motorboat lagoon smoking area).

There’s just too much demand for it. Management want it, tipped workers want it, guests want it. Profit margins are too good. They’re doing it, and it’s going to be slipped in there in blog posts like this announcement was.

I was just reminded of a friend telling me-and it was nails on a chalkboard to hear-that they prefer DCA because they serve booze. 😬 I’m sure this is what their surveys tell them too.

SSG

The Genie is out of the bottle, folks.

aladdin GIF

freebird72

Rephrasing something I said in the misc. thread.

No way they’re stopping at Bayou. I’d be surprised if they stop once all the TSRs serve booze. Not sure on the precedent at WDW MK for QSR.

Could add more TSR-like locations to serve booze on the east side of the park (like a beer garden in the Motorboat lagoon smoking area).

There’s just too much demand for it. Management want it, tipped workers want it, guests want it. Profit margins are too good. They’re doing it, and it’s going to be slipped in there in blog posts like this announcement was.

I was just reminded of a friend telling me-and it was nails on a chalkboard to hear-that they prefer DCA because they serve booze. 😬 I’m sure this is what their surveys tell them too.
I agree, serve at TSRs. But don't sell at quick service or carts or let people walk around the park with alcohol (besides, with Covid restrictions, you can't right now anyway).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom