Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion gets holiday makeover in nearly half the time: ‘It’s been crazy’ - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

Nice long article. You can read the entire thing at all Southern California News Group websites.

>>Peters and his crew of Disney stagehands shaved a week off the seasonal attraction overlay transformation, reducing the downtime for the classic dark ride from 18 days to 11 days.

“We’re throwing our first 18 seasons out the window and starting fresh this year,” Peters said in a phone interview. “We’re right on track. It’s working out the way we envisioned it.”

The Mansion makeover crew has been doubled to 40 people working 10-hour days on two shifts with the morning team starting at 6 a.m. and the evening staff beginning at 2 p.m.

“We’re in there 18 hours a day,” Peters said. “Then we turn it over to facilities so that they can do their normal routine checkups that they have to do.”<<

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
“We’re throwing our first 18 seasons out the window and starting fresh this year,” Peters said in a phone interview. “We’re right on track. It’s working out the way we envisioned it.”

I wonder what this means.. Are they changing everything up?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I think they just meant their 18 years of setup procedure. They are doing it in an all new way to do it faster. Hopefully this also means tear down is fast.

Gotcha! It'll be interesting to see how this year's HMH translates to the real world.

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Can one of you locals tell me if the entire park is decked for Halloween already when the HM opens? Or just the HM for a few more weeks. I am planning to go next September the first week....PLEASE.....:angelic:

Last edited:

mickEblu

They need to schedule a few months AFTER they tear HMH out to fix all the things they broke during the installation. The Mansion always looks the worst from February to May.

Should look even worse after this years rush job so they call sell more NBC merch for 6 more days.

Zorro

I wish they would do this the day after Halloween. Let us have the original and more appropriately themed Haunted Mansion for Halloween. Since the Disney managers have shown the ability to switch to the Jack Skellington version in a week and a half, they could easily start on the first of November and still have it up in time for the Christmas festivities. Anyway, I hope LMG and others will have good videos up on youtube tomorrow.

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

PSX_20190905_221949.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom