Disneyana Conventions Question

Maerj

Original Poster
I know there are Disneyana Conventions at WDW every year, but are there Disneyana Conventions across the country on a regular basis?

I would like to attend one locally/semi-locally if for no other reason than to see whats there! There are antique and collectible shows but I would like to know if there are any just for Disney stuff.:veryconfu

Pioneer Hall

The Disneyana Convention was held on the west coast in 2001. They moved it back to Florida in 2002 because there wasn't a good enough turnout at Disneyland.

Maerj

Original Poster
But are there any elsewhere? Even if they are smaller ones...

I see you live in the North East as well, are there any in Jersey, Philly, etc?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Maerj
But are there any elsewhere? Even if they are smaller ones...

I see you live in the North East as well, are there any in Jersey, Philly, etc?

The Disneyana Convention is held once a year usually in WDW. There are no other conventions that are endorsed by Disney. You will sometimes see a collectors convention, but it is not an official Disneyana Convention. If you want Disneyana, you have to go to Florida for the convention weekend.

Hope this helps!

stepharoni

Actually, the Official Disneyana Convention is held at DL or WDW on alternate years. 2002 was at WDW for a week in September. It's expensive to go for the whole week (~$900), but the last day or two are Public Days (=free). All the really good stuff is gone by then, but it's still very cool.

For local conv. in different areas, I have seen ads in StoryboarD Mag. You could search google.com, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom