Disneyalnd's 50th Anniversary

Favrefire4

Original Poster
Anyone know about the rumors that Buzz Lightyear might be the new ride for Disneyland in a few years? I also heard the rumor that they were going to close and seriously rehab Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain which is definatley confirmed but the other two are still up in the air. Does anyone know about any of these plans, especcially Space Mountain? Also does anyone know about any new rides at DCA besides Tower of Terror? Thanks in advance.......

ToTBellHop

These were all in the original plans for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, although most of them have been cut due to budgetting.

So far, as it stands, 2005 will find a new fireworks show, a new parade, and a massive upgrade to Space Mountain for Disneyland. This upgrade will include a completely new theme and queue, and new track, while the track layout will be identical to the current layout--just new metal.

pheneix

The "new" parade at Disneyland is around 99% certain to be the current Share a Dream Cone True parade at the Magic Kingdom. This is unless the shipping costs for the move are too high, in which case Disneyland will probably do a "Recycle The Magic" parade similar to the 25th Anniversary parade at WDW.

WeirdOne

Buzz was almost never in the picture. Sorry about that one. And as for the parade, rumors seemed to indicate it was Share a Dream Come True, but sources are telling me it's going to be a new parade desgined by that guy (forget his name). Nothing recycled. - The WeirdOne :D

pheneix

If one of those sources was Marcie, I would throw out that garbage immediately. The fact that she said that an original parade was coming to DLR is almost a confirmation to me that Share a Dream Come True is coming to Disneyland.

I'm expecting to see snowglobes riding down Main Street in two years.

DCA Fan

Yup, look forward to no character-guest interaction. Whoopiee! :hammer:

Space Mtn's refurb, when originally proposed by WDI, was going to change the track to match the DLP's version w/ loops. After much whittling down, all we get is new metal, you won't even be able to tell if there's a new track (minus if the L&S tie in flys, i hope not)

The rumors for Buzz originally placed it in the CircleVision theater to fill the space from Rocket Rods. It was not planned for the 50th and may still come in the future.

ToTBellHop

If you watch the Disneyland Vacation Planner, you will notice that they are already showing the Littler Mermaid snow globe from Share a Dream Come True as part of the Parade of the Stars--disney being cheap? or a sign of things to come? But, uh...if Disneyland gets that, then at least the Florida Magic Kingdom will get a new parade...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom