Disney Yeti Movie Project? Could this affect E:E?

Atomicmickey

Original Poster
Came across this news item on a Disney project, originally supposed to have
something to do with the Matterhorn, but now being called a "Yeti Project".

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87353

I wonder.

If they are serious about doing something like this, they'll have a different
yeti design for the movie--and then it can be put back into E:E to create
that famous Iger "synergy" they're all shooting for these days.

So--might make sense that the company is saying "hey, let's wait to see what
happens with our Yeti movie project before we do anything with Disco Yeti".

Unless, that is, the movie is gonna be titled "Disco Yeti". But I don't think so.

Do you think the idea of putting out a new movie based on this attraction is to try to get some sponsers to help pay to fix the yeti? :shrug:

Pick145

I'm fine with this as long as this doesn't change the story of EE, I think that right now the theme is perfect and any move tie in would make it cheesy. Here's looking at you pirates...

Club34

Perhaps there will someday be one of those documentaries about the rise and fall of the E:E yeti. That would be a funny yet tragic movie.

Plutofan1

Does anyone think they'll repurpose the "disco yeti" to another portion of the ride after they put in a new one? I think an extra appearance by the Yeti would add a lot to the ride. Maybe in the first tunnel after the drop?

lebeau

I hear they have cast John Travolta as the yeti.

disco.jpg

He's really gotten in shape for the role!

Cosmic Commando

Does anyone think they'll repurpose the "disco yeti" to another portion of the ride after they put in a new one? I think an extra appearance by the Yeti would add a lot to the ride. Maybe in the first tunnel after the drop?
Since we don't know exactly what's broken, I could be wrong, but I think fixing the yeti wouldn't require a whole new figure. He's not what we think of as a traditional AA, with all the mechanics contained inside the figure. He's more like a marionette, with a lot of his nuts and bolts outside of his actual body and hidden by the angle from which we view him.

DisneyFan 2000

Unless, that is, the movie is gonna be titled "Disco Yeti". But I don't think so.
:ROFLOL: Am I the only one that sees a potentially hilarious movie with this? Think Happy Feet only with a family of Yetis... and it would go hand in hand with the existing attraction, without the need for renovation... Just sayin'...:lookaroun

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This could actually be a good movie.. as long as they dont screw it up of course

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom